5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Going To The Track and Dyno!

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/10, 05:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jokerstars
V6 torque curve please!!
V6's have torque?
Old 4/29/10, 05:11 PM
Cobra Member

The 3V produced about about 225 RWTQ at 3k and the new 5.0 produced ~ 310 RWTQ. That is a pretty big difference down low in the RPM range between the 3v and this 5.0. That is a noticeable difference.

Last edited by todd03blown; 4/29/10 at 05:13 PM.
Old 4/29/10, 05:12 PM
eci
Banned

We're talking about the curve, not the #s. Of course it is more powerful.
Old 4/29/10, 05:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the mph calculator guesses 413hp for their car of it weighs 3880 with driver. the car makes what its supposed to. 368 is NOT 430hp. if thats the case the 380rwhp SS's stock had 445hp.

412 was all i wanted. im good.
Old 4/29/10, 05:15 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by assasinator
the mph calculator guesses 413hp for their car of it weighs 3880 with driver. the car makes what its supposed to. 368 is NOT 430hp. if thats the case the 380rwhp SS's stock had 445hp.

Agree.
Old 4/29/10, 05:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MadMoose
V6's have torque?
Yes! ME WANT SEE CURVE.
Old 4/29/10, 05:18 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad you're happy now. you were driving me crazy for a while there LOL
Old 4/29/10, 05:28 PM
Cobra Member

aren't these power #'s and times consistent with the 03-04 cobra's including the weight of the cars; all being stock of course? I reference this due to the speculation of their stock horsepower #'s of 420-430. Throwing that out there as a dicussion topic.

I drove my stock 03 cobra to a 12.94 @110mph with a 2.15 60's on the stock 275/40's.
Old 4/29/10, 05:30 PM
V6 Member

The 03 Cobras did have IRS which probably gobbled up a little more hp from the engine to the tires over the 2011 GTs SRA setup.
Old 4/29/10, 05:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
I'm glad you're happy now. you were driving me crazy for a while there LOL
No worries here Jason, if it doesn't make the advertised HP #'s, we'll just get a recall letter from Ford. Told 'ya. Their's a fix to everything.
Old 4/29/10, 05:38 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
No worries here Jason, if it doesn't make the advertised HP #'s, we'll just get a recall letter from Ford. Told 'ya. Their's a fix to everything.
I can see it now. "FORD MUSTANG RECALLED FOR BEING TOO AWESOME" .....oh wait....
Old 4/29/10, 05:38 PM

Hey guys im new here.

I dont usually register and post on mustang forums but I just cant resist with this new 5.0 hitting the streets. I have to see what she is made of. So far it looks like it is more than a race for a new SS. It is cool as hell to see an NA mustang GT rip it up...I am really happy for you guys.

Looking at trap speeds and the possibility of the 5.0 hooking up better due to its SRA. I dont think it will be long before someone busts the 12.58 record of the 5th gen SS. Is Evan Smith going to be ripping it up in an 11 GT soon? it would be sweet if he would drive both cars head to head. I bet he could post up best times for both cars. I am guessing 12.4 or 5 for the SS and 12.3 or so for the GT.

I wish I had enough money to buy both...I would seriously consider buying a mustang also If I could afford it. I think it is cool as hell that ford offers gear options and other various upgrades with the mustang..I wish that chevy did the same thing with the camaro. The appearance was the deciding factor for me. I really like the looks of the new 5th gen. It is definitely an improvement over my previous 98 camaro. I also enjoy the easy and cheap mod-ability of the pushrod lsx platform...500rwhp is just a head and cam swap away. Supercharging is too expensive and not in my taste. I have sat in but never driven a new GT...I must admit I really liked the car...very nice feeling all around.

Although I am definitely bowtie for life, I respect mustangs as well as all american muscle. Its cool to see all these fast mustangs and camaros and challengers on the streets these days. Its like the 60's all over again. We should enjoy it...it may not last long...

For the guy worrying about the 13.2 @ 110 run...ive seen you post on camaro5 also...youve got to be kidding me. The car has the trap/power...it just needs a good 60ft. It will be every bit as fast as a 5th gen SS if not a little quicker...dont cancel your order man. Diversity is a good thing...too many 5th gens on the street all ready. All this competition just breeds better cars for us. The ls3 may go to direct injection soon and be at 450hp...then ford will respond etc etc...things are looking very interesting these days...

Anywayz..ive got my popcorn...awaiting more results...

Nice car guys...
Old 4/29/10, 05:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Ultrazls1
Hey guys im new here.

I dont usually register and post on mustang forums but I just cant resist with this new 5.0 hitting the streets. I have to see what she is made of. So far it looks like it is more than a race for a new SS. It is cool as hell to see an NA mustang GT rip it up...I am really happy for you guys.

Looking at trap speeds and the possibility of the 5.0 hooking up better due to its SRA. I dont think it will be long before someone busts the 12.58 record of the 5th gen SS. Is Evan Smith going to be ripping it up in an 11 GT soon? it would be sweet if he would drive both cars head to head. I bet he could post up best times for both cars. I am guessing 12.4 or 5 for the SS and 12.3 or so for the GT.

I wish I had enough money to buy both...I would seriously consider buying a mustang also If I could afford it. I think it is cool as hell that ford offers gear options and other various upgrades with the mustang..I wish that chevy did the same thing with the camaro. The appearance was the deciding factor for me. I really like the looks of the new 5th gen. It is definitely an improvement over my previous 98 camaro. I also enjoy the easy and cheap mod-ability of the pushrod lsx platform...500rwhp is just a head and cam swap away. Supercharging is too expensive and not in my taste. I have sat in but never driven a new GT...I must admit I really liked the car...very nice feeling all around.

Although I am definitely bowtie for life, I respect mustangs as well as all american muscle. Its cool to see all these fast mustangs and camaros and challengers on the streets these days. Its like the 60's all over again. We should enjoy it...it may not last long...

For the guy worrying about the 13.2 @ 110 run...ive seen you post on camaro5 also...youve got to be kidding me. The car has the trap/power...it just needs a good 60ft. It will be every bit as fast as a 5th gen SS if not a little quicker...dont cancel your order man. Diversity is a good thing...too many 5th gens on the street all ready. All this competition just breeds better cars for us. The ls3 may go to direct injection soon and be at 450hp...then ford will respond etc etc...things are looking very interesting these days...

Nice car guys...
Welcome, I read a lot of your posts on camaro5.com. Good info over there and nice cars to boot!
Old 4/29/10, 05:47 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
can everyone just hush and buy the **** thing already?
Old 4/29/10, 05:47 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Hey guys im new here.

Nice car guys...
You sir have just made one hell of a first post. Welcome to TMS!
Old 4/29/10, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by todd03blown
Welcome, I read a lot of your posts on camaro5.com. Good info over there and nice cars to boot!
Yeah...camaro5 is ok...but their is a lot of posers over on that site who are just concerned with what people think/looks/image...not as many enthusiasts compared to ls1tech..which hasnt converted to 5th gen yet lol. A lot of the guys on ls1tech are still jealous/hate the 5th gen. I dont get much love from them and I have been a member for 6 years. Not a lot of good technical/performance on camaro5.com yet...but hopefully it will come around. I will be doing H/C soon and need some reliable direction like I had on ls1tech with my 98 camaro.

I dont understand the hate some people have for other muscle cars. Arent we on the same team?

Anywayz...why hasnt my sig showed up yet? I have some decent numbers I wanted to show off lol... NVM...it is showing up now. I am very impressed with the LS3 #'s so far...it isnt very far behind my h/c ls1 car...even with the extra weight!

Last edited by Ultrazls1; 4/29/10 at 05:53 PM.
Old 4/29/10, 05:56 PM
Cobra Member

Yeah...camaro5 is ok...but their is a lot of posers over on that site who are just concerned with what people think/looks/image...not as many enthusiasts compared to ls1tech..which hasnt converted to 5th gen yet lol. A lot of the guys on ls1tech are still jealous/hate the 5th gen. I dont get much love from them and I have been a member for 6 years. Not a lot of good technical/performance on camaro5.com yet...but hopefully it will come around. I will be doing H/C soon and need some reliable direction like I had on ls1tech with my 98 camaro.

I dont understand the hate some people have for other muscle cars. Arent we on the same team?

Anywayz...why hasnt my sig showed up yet? I have some decent numbers I wanted to show off lol... NVM...it is showing up now. I am very impressed with the LS3 #'s so far...it isnt very far behind my h/c ls1 car...even with the extra weight!

sweet, a 5th gen Camaro owner on TMS. welcome! i honestly dont know about the 5th gen's. i compare them to the last Camaro that was in production. both have something i like over the other.
Old 4/29/10, 05:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Welcome ultra, and good to see someone from camaro5 that has his own mind. respect.
Old 4/29/10, 05:59 PM
Cobra Member

yea you are putting down some very nice #'s!! I guess you expect over 500RWHP/TQ with the new H/C?
Old 4/29/10, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by todd03blown
yea you are putting down some very nice #'s!! I guess you expect over 500RWHP/TQ with the new H/C?
It will be close. For a cheap alternative I am lookin at the texas-speed 231/236 cam with ported ls3 heads..they are seeing right at 500rwhp with that set-up. I will probably do H/C next year...I am going to give it a little more time for some companies to work with the 5th gen and do some more development.
I can make about 480rwhp cam only...but I will most likely do heads while I am at it. The bad thing about heads is...and I am sure you guys will experience the same thing with the 5.0...is that the stock heads flow so good from the factory that you only see about a 20hp gain from heads...so its not a very cost effective upgrade...I am hoping for some companies to develop their own castings that show a better improvement...just like they did for the ls1. Right now MAST is the only company with their own 12 degree casting design but the heads run 3-4 grand...no thank you...if I wanted to spend that much I would buy a supercharger.

Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Going To The Track and Dyno!