Notices
Kona Blue Kona Blue 2010+ Mustangs

New pics

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/12, 09:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
John that looks sooooooooo nice. I can't believe you were thinking about trading THAT for a red 2013......

Btw, those bmrs looks niiiice. They're LOWER than k's? Daaaang.
Thanks bro! I know I'm nuts for wanting to trade her in. Yeah surprisingly the BMR's are a bit lower. I was expecting the slight opposite but oh well it rides much smoother and looks killer.
Old 7/22/12, 11:21 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Hytek

Thanks bro! I know I'm nuts for wanting to trade her in. Yeah surprisingly the BMR's are a bit lower. I was expecting the slight opposite but oh well it rides much smoother and looks killer.
Yeah your car is the only other car I covet other than my own. Lol. I love everything about it...esp the stripes and svt rims. Well....yours and maybe the new 2013 Shelby gt500

So you have konis with the bmr springs right? I have the ks with stock shocks...so maybe that's why I think mine are ok? but I wonder if bmrs would be ok on stock shocks too.

Last edited by FromZto5; 7/22/12 at 01:39 PM.
Old 7/22/12, 11:25 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
I cant wait to get my Kona Blue Boss
Old 7/22/12, 11:32 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Here's some videos of my exhaust. Posted separate thread too.

Roush axle backs with Ford Racing after cat Xpipe

Old 7/22/12, 11:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's some updated pics of Sexy from this morning. Just swapped out the K springs for BMR's last night. Rides so smooth now and is a quarter inch lower than before with the K springs.
Very nice looking!
Old 7/22/12, 01:43 PM
I Have No Life

Ok John.... Nice vids... Wtf, I didn't know you got a new x pipe? . I like it! When'd you get it? I always thought about adding an after cat pipe. Did you notice a big difference? No drone?

I also heard ford racing x pipes have fitment issues? How was the install? I hope to do everything myself.

Either way, nice addition to your mods. Me likey
Old 7/22/12, 04:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by MBarrette10

Very nice looking!
Thanks

Ok John.... Nice vids... Wtf, I didn't know you got a new x pipe? . I like it! When'd you get it? I always thought about adding an after cat pipe. Did you notice a big difference? No drone?

I also heard ford racing x pipes have fitment issues? How was the install? I hope to do everything myself.

Either way, nice addition to your mods. Me likey
I got it I think at the end of January or February off another board member. Totally opened up the sound in a positive way. Very sweet mellow rumble at idle and mean growl while accelerating. Eliminated all rasp and popping. I think the after cat Xpipe with the Roush's is the perfect combo. Absolutely no drone what so ever. Now for the fit, it's horrible. Ford should have made it a quarter inch longer on each end. My local shop charged me $50 to install it. It came loose in 2 days so I went back. It then came loose again about a month later. After that I said F it and had it welded in. I highly recommend letting someone do it for you..Definitely not something I'd want to attempt on jack stands. All in all it was worth it because the sound is awesome.
Old 7/23/12, 03:22 PM
I Have No Life

Thanks

I got it I think at the end of January or February off another board member. Totally opened up the sound in a positive way. Very sweet mellow rumble at idle and mean growl while accelerating. Eliminated all rasp and popping. I think the after cat Xpipe with the Roush's is the perfect combo. Absolutely no drone what so ever. Now for the fit, it's horrible. Ford should have made it a quarter inch longer on each end. My local shop charged me $50 to install it. It came loose in 2 days so I went back. It then came loose again about a month later. After that I said F it and had it welded in. I highly recommend letting someone do it for you..Definitely not something I'd want to attempt on jack stands. All in all it was worth it because the sound is awesome.
Interesting...you're not the first person that I have heard that the FRPP x pipe has issues. That might steer me away from that.

I think I am going to start a thread for any suggestions of how to increase sound/rumble from the GT500's without adding X pipes, etc.... maybe an over-axle pipes?
Old 7/23/12, 04:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Interesting...you're not the first person that I have heard that the FRPP x pipe has issues. That might steer me away from that.

I think I am going to start a thread for any suggestions of how to increase sound/rumble from the GT500's without adding X pipes, etc.... maybe an over-axle pipes?
The easiest/cheapest route is just cut out your resonators or look for take off OTA pipes from a GT500....which are hard to find. Other than that the only other way is off road pipes.
Old 7/25/12, 11:17 AM
Cobra R Member

John, when you swapped out your springs how did you zap the top nut down on top of the mounts (with the assembly off the car)?? When I did my job that's where I got stranded. Cause the GT500 mounts are recessed where the nut goes. I think the ONLY way to get that tight is with an impact gun and physically holding the strut rod from spinning. I had to have a friend come with his impact wrench to put them on. You cannot use a socket or anything. Still never checked the torque on them either, just zapped them down real good
Old 7/25/12, 02:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

We used an air impact gun. They went on super easy and didn't have to hold the shaft at all surprisingly. The first time we used my electric one and they spun.
Old 7/25/12, 06:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Great looking car!!
Old 8/7/12, 01:51 PM
Cobra R Member

so then im not crazy when I thought in order to do springs yourself, you MUST have an Impact wrench. Yeah his was a snap-on 18V battery gun. Just a hand on the Strut rod was enough to hold it tho