Notices
Kona Blue Kona Blue 2010+ Mustangs

New pics

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/11, 03:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah I'm not too keen on its operation. Seems to spin out of balance and the size makes it uncomfortable to use.

Oh and my spoiler is the 3 piece Roush. If it didn't come on the car I probably would have bought it anyways.
Old 12/30/11, 10:09 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Hytek
Yeah I'm not too keen on its operation. Seems to spin out of balance and the size makes it uncomfortable to use.

Oh and my spoiler is the 3 piece Roush. If it didn't come on the car I probably would have bought it anyways.
Yeah you should get/try the pc 7424xp. It will be night and day from that orbital you got. You will be inducing more swirls than removing them. Give that away to goodwill.

Your spoiler is nice! Got anymore better angled shots showing it?
Old 12/30/11, 10:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

Yeah you should get/try the pc 7424xp. It will be night and day from that orbital you got. You will be inducing more swirls than removing them. Give that away to goodwill.

Your spoiler is nice! Got anymore better angled shots showing it?
Definitely want to avoid swirls...I got enough already. I'll look into that one.

I can get some more pics of the spoiler close up over the weekend for you.
Old 1/3/12, 09:50 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Hytek. Beautiful car you have, an I love your choice of wheels. Did you happen to buy your car from Rod Baker Ford? If so, I saw it there before you bought it and probably have a pic or 2 of it there.
Old 1/3/12, 10:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Boss89
Hi Hytek. Beautiful car you have, an I love your choice of wheels. Did you happen to buy your car from Rod Baker Ford? If so, I saw it there before you bought it and probably have a pic or 2 of it there.
Thank you! I did buy it from Baker's. I wanted to order a 12 but she was sitting on the lot and needed a good home. What pics do you have? I know they used it as a pace car at Grundy County Speedway and I'm trying to track down some pics from there.
Old 1/3/12, 11:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

What do you guys think of these for my car? I've always loved the FR500 wheels and Cruizinconcepts is getting them in matte black 20" staggered. The 20" Roush black chrome wheels or these may be replacing the RTR's. Or she might just have a few different pairs of shoes lol.

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale....lter=1-20-INCH
Attached Images  
Old 1/3/12, 11:48 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I love the way my black 02 looks, drool over the bright shine of my white 12, and i **** bricks when i see a clean Kona in the parking garage or at the traffic lights at night. Or at just about every angle on a nice day when its clean(:
Three favorite colors!
Old 1/4/12, 07:53 AM
I Have No Life

What do you guys think of these for my car? I've always loved the FR500 wheels and Cruizinconcepts is getting them in matte black 20" staggered. The 20" Roush black chrome wheels or these may be replacing the RTR's. Or she might just have a few different pairs of shoes lol.

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale....lter=1-20-INCH
Hytek, I love your rtr wheels. Don't get rid of them. Personally, I am not a fan of black wheels. It works on a few cars.... but majority, I don't care for the look. Again, it's my opinion, and prolly not worth much. But I live silver or gunmetal rims.... and I LOVE your RTR rims. Did I say that 2x already??? LOL
Old 1/4/12, 09:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hytek, I love your rtr wheels. Don't get rid of them. Personally, I am not a fan of black wheels. It works on a few cars.... but majority, I don't care for the look. Again, it's my opinion, and prolly not worth much. But I live silver or gunmetal rims.... and I LOVE your RTR rims. Did I say that 2x already??? LOL
I appreciate the opinion. Winter has me stir crazy. If I was out enjoying my car I wouldn't have any time to look at anything lol. One of the RTR's has a light curb rash and I was also considering getting them chromed too when I get the one repaired.
Old 1/4/12, 09:58 AM
I Have No Life

I appreciate the opinion. Winter has me stir crazy. If I was out enjoying my car I wouldn't have any time to look at anything lol. One of the RTR's has a light curb rash and I was also considering getting them chromed too when I get the one repaired.
I know what you mean... I've been blessed her with 50 degree weather for Iowa.... in fact, I'm driving her all week. Who would have thunk... 50 degs in January. That's crazy. One of the reasons I was able to do my springs now instead of later this spring season. I may not have to shut off my insurance at all. No snow on the ground, no salt on the ground. CRAZY!
Old 1/4/12, 10:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I know what you mean... I've been blessed her with 50 degree weather for Iowa.... in fact, I'm driving her all week. Who would have thunk... 50 degs in January. That's crazy. One of the reasons I was able to do my springs now instead of later this spring season. I may not have to shut off my insurance at all. No snow on the ground, no salt on the ground. CRAZY!
Your lucky! They salted the roads like a soft pretzel 2 days ago here. It's not bad today in the 30's, but everything looks like a gravel road with all the salt. Once I get the ONR I may take her out more often.
Old 1/5/12, 12:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Here's a little history of Sexy#2: She sat on the car lot for a little over a year before I adopted her. Her grill has always been an issue with odd spots, no matter what I did. With some tips from Burton "FromZto5" she's looking good as new again. Here's some before and after pics.

For those of you with nasty spots on your billet grill after the wash this is what I did:
Clean the grill
Mix 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water in a water bottle
Use a soft cloth and vinegar/water solution to clean grill
Let it dry
Use an aluminum polish (I used Mothers) and apply until cloth turns black
Buff off with a microfiber cloth

It's not 100% but it's a 1,000 times better than it was before.
Attached Images        
Old 1/5/12, 01:19 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Here's some Coyote **** for you late night folks...

Pretty soon she'll be all grown up and blown like all the cool girls her age...
Attached Images      
Old 1/5/12, 07:31 AM
I Have No Life

That looks GREAT man! Did the vinegar solution and polish help good? It looks like it! Why'd you go with 3:1 solution? try 1:1... the vinegar eats up the mineral deposits. The polish will smooth it out and finish up any remaining. What polish did you use? Make sure you use a very FINE polish.... like a finishing polish, or like an all in one.

Your grille looks bada$$. I like it. Love your car, man.

btw, how do you like your JLT cai? Did it require a tune?
Old 1/5/12, 10:48 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

That looks GREAT man! Did the vinegar solution and polish help good? It looks like it! Why'd you go with 3:1 solution? try 1:1... the vinegar eats up the mineral deposits. The polish will smooth it out and finish up any remaining. What polish did you use? Make sure you use a very FINE polish.... like a finishing polish, or like an all in one.

Your grille looks bada$$. I like it. Love your car, man.

btw, how do you like your JLT cai? Did it require a tune?
Thanks man! I wasn't sure how much to use so I experimented a little until it started working. Once it did I took the grill out to avoid any damage to the paint. I probably could've used straight vinegar but when it started working I just let it be...plus it stunk lol. I used Mothers aluminum wheel polish, it states that it works with all metals on the tub and it worked well.

Yes I love the JLT CAI. It does require a tune and I'm running the Bama 93 performance tune. I didn't think a cai was necessary for a long time until I rode in my buddies car (way2qk4u2c) with same tune and his pulled a lot harder than mine. I personally can tell a big difference with and without a cai on a tune. Huge gains on the butt dyno.

Last edited by Hytek; 1/5/12 at 11:31 AM.
Old 1/5/12, 01:47 PM
I Have No Life

Thanks man! I wasn't sure how much to use so I experimented a little until it started working. Once it did I took the grill out to avoid any damage to the paint. I probably could've used straight vinegar but when it started working I just let it be...plus it stunk lol. I used Mothers aluminum wheel polish, it states that it works with all metals on the tub and it worked well.

Yes I love the JLT CAI. It does require a tune and I'm running the Bama 93 performance tune. I didn't think a cai was necessary for a long time until I rode in my buddies car (way2qk4u2c) with same tune and his pulled a lot harder than mine. I personally can tell a big difference with and without a cai on a tune. Huge gains on the butt dyno.
Interesting.... I might just go with the Ford Procal Tuner, and a drop in KnN so stick with my warranty... We'll see.
Old 1/6/12, 12:02 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You think 50 is crazy? I was sweatin pretty good changin my friends brakes the other day. The high was 80!!
Old 1/6/12, 06:20 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I’ve bought a few cars at Rod Baker…used to live in Plainfield until my wife became disabled and we had to sell our house and move west a few towns…miss my old town…when we built there in 1993 it was this little small town with about 6000 people and when we left in 2007 it had grown to almost 40,000…
Old 1/18/12, 10:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Should I add the Roush lower billet grill? I found a really good deal on one and don't know if I can pass it up.
Attached Images  
Old 1/20/12, 05:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I add the Roush lower billet grill? I found a really good deal on one and don't know if I can pass it up.

Quick Reply: New pics