Notices
Black Black 2010+ Mustangs

lakeguy77's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 1/21/15, 10:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boss 302 rear valance on the way. Got a good price locally.

Unfortunately with the Canadian dollar dropping like a rock I'll be holding off on buying the last couple of suspension components (shocks/struts and LCA's) until another sale comes up. I'm set on Steeda but the dollar is ridiculous.
Old 1/21/15, 10:37 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
Boss 302 rear valance on the way. Got a good price locally.

Unfortunately with the Canadian dollar dropping like a rock I'll be holding off on buying the last couple of suspension components (shocks/struts and LCA's) until another sale comes up. I'm set on Steeda but the dollar is ridiculous.
They usually have a spring sale similar to their black Friday sale. That's what I'm waiting for anyways. That and my tax refund.
Old 1/21/15, 03:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
They usually have a spring sale similar to their black Friday sale. That's what I'm waiting for anyways. That and my tax refund.
Yep, that's what I'm banking on. It's the only thing that'll make the price close to reasonable unless something drastic happens to the exchange rate.
Old 1/22/15, 09:01 AM
GT Member

I bought a bunch of suspension parts from Steeda.ca at their boxing day sale.
They have free shipping in Canada so that was a bonus.
Prices are a bit higher in comparison to the US site but you don't get the exchange hit.
Their suspension parts are pretty good quality....I've been using their stuff on my third Mustang now without any failures.

What struts/shocks are you looking at?

Last edited by 2007s197; 1/22/15 at 09:30 AM.
Old 1/22/15, 09:14 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
PM Sent!

TJ
Old 1/22/15, 04:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
PM Sent!

TJ
PM Responded!
Old 3/1/15, 09:41 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So I just read through your whole thread. I like where you are going with your car build. I don't envy your color choice because it's a full time job if you drive your car daily.

I just upgraded my front brakes with new stock rotors, HAWK HP+ pads and ATE Super Blue Race fluid with the stock Track pack lines and Oh My Gosh. The feel is much better with a great initial bite and when you romp the brakes, look out. Your eyeballs want to come unglued from your skull. The rears will be next. I also left the stock backing plates in there. I was done start to finish in about 2.5 hours. That was while I was explaining how to do everything to a new guy with a 5.0.

I have debated on going the BOSS side pipe route because of the reviews like yours but I don't know how that will play out with the under bracing I plan to do in the future. Great thread. Keep it up.
Old 3/1/15, 03:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
So I just read through your whole thread. I like where you are going with your car build. I don't envy your color choice because it's a full time job if you drive your car daily.

I just upgraded my front brakes with new stock rotors, HAWK HP+ pads and ATE Super Blue Race fluid with the stock Track pack lines and Oh My Gosh. The feel is much better with a great initial bite and when you romp the brakes, look out. Your eyeballs want to come unglued from your skull. The rears will be next. I also left the stock backing plates in there. I was done start to finish in about 2.5 hours. That was while I was explaining how to do everything to a new guy with a 5.0.

I have debated on going the BOSS side pipe route because of the reviews like yours but I don't know how that will play out with the under bracing I plan to do in the future. Great thread. Keep it up.
Thanks for that. I have an idea in my head of what the car will look and perform like, and I'm nearly there...at least as far as acquiring parts is concerned. Now I just need some decent weather to warm up my garage so the fun part can begin.
Old 3/7/15, 07:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

So, incoming stuff:

Steeda Shocks/Struts
Steeda Chromoly LCA's
Cervini's GT500-style front lip
Dark Stainless SVE Drifts in 19x9.5

I think my shopping is now done. Now if winter would just make like my newly ex-wife and GTFO.
Old 3/7/15, 07:33 AM
V6 Member

I also have one of those Cervinis GT500 front splitter. Hope it looks good. I have a gt500 quad rear valence and mufflers to install as well as my Brembo brake kit.
Old 3/7/15, 08:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm actually not too impressed with Cervini's right now. I ordered the lip 8 days ago, it showed in stock, and their running "time to ship" timer showed Monday to ship out. It's still sitting at Pending. Emailed on Wednesday, got a reply Thursday that it was shipping that day. Still Pending. I've got a few weeks yet before I can get the car out, but still, AM, LMR, Steeda, if the item is in stock, they ship same day, or if late in the day, the next morning.
Old 3/7/15, 08:28 AM
V6 Member

My Cervinis I had to order via phone because their website is incorrect, they are not in stock and there's a wait. I ordered mine the beginning of February and it just now shipped.
Old 3/7/15, 08:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bubbasuwannee
My Cervinis I had to order via phone because their website is incorrect, they are not in stock and there's a wait. I ordered mine the beginning of February and it just now shipped.
That may be, but I got an email from a human on Thursday saying it was shipping that day, but it didn't.
Old 3/7/15, 09:29 AM
V6 Member

I would just call them. They were very long in responding to email.
Old 3/15/15, 08:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm in Vancouver this weekend, but all my remaining parts (except rims) are sitting at the US border waiting for me to drive down and pick em up. My wife is moved out, the garage is 100% mine, and the weather at home is beautiful and only supposed to get better. I'd say next weekend its time to get started.
Old 3/19/15, 12:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I actually heard from a few co-workers In Winnipeg that this year was one of the mildest winters ever! heard people are racking their lawns where last year around this time, you guys should have still been buried in snow.

have fun slapping that all together! I'm eagerly waiting for some warm weather to detail mine.... its just disgusting right now :'(
Old 3/21/15, 06:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Definitely mild, but a couple years ago it was +20 C already by this time, but that was exceptionally warm. Being above 0C consistently is above normal for this time of year. All the snow's completely gone except for any big snow piles from plows. It was a cold winter, but we got very little snow. Last year was exceptionally cold (coldest in 180 years or something) and we had a massive amount of snow. It was still melting at the beginning of May. This year, we're lookin' pretty good.
Old 3/21/15, 10:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well that's annoying. All my info showed my order (LCA's and Shocks/struts) shipped complete, but only the LCA's were there, and the FedEx label showed package 1 of 1. Fired off an email to Steeda about it and will call on Monday if I don't hear from them.

But my Cervini's front lip made it as well. Nice piece.
Old 3/26/15, 05:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

So here's the complete list of stuff that's going on this spring...I've either got everything in my possession or just waiting for it to find its way to me.

Suspension:
Steeda Sport Springs
Steeda Panhard Bar
Steeda Adjustable Upper Control Arm
Steeda Chromoly Lower Control Arms
Koni STR.T Shocks/Struts
Whiteline LCA Brackets
FRPP GT500 Strut Mounts
FRPP Jounce Bumper Kit

Driveline:
SR Performance Stainless Clutch Line

Exterior:
AMR Dark Stainless 19x8.5/10 Staggered Rims
Pirelli PZero Rosso 275/40/19 rear tires (stock PZero fronts)
Cervini's GT500 style front lip
Boss 302 Rear Valance
Roush Side Splitters
Ford OEM Side Scoops (probably)
MMD Classic Quarter Louvres (maybe)

Big project ahead, but the drop obviously won't happen until I've got the dampers in my hands. Other than that, hoping to get a few things going this weekend!

Last edited by lakeguy77; 4/25/15 at 10:39 AM.
Old 3/26/15, 11:59 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
So here's the complete list of stuff that's going on this spring...

Suspension:
Steeda Sport Springs
Steeda Pro-Action Shocks/Struts (backordered)
Steeda Panhard Bar
Steeda Adjustable Upper Control Arm
Steeda Chromoly Lower Control Arms
Whiteline LCA Brackets
FRPP GT500 Strut Mounts
FRPP Jounce Bumper Kit

Driveline:
SR Performance Stainless Clutch Line

Exterior
SVE Drift 19x9.5 Dark Stainless Rims (backordered)
Cervini's GT500 style front lip
Boss 302 Rear Valance
Roush Side Splitters

Big project ahead, but the drop obviously won't happen until I've got the dampers in my hands. Other than that, hoping to get a few things going this weekend!

How do you plan on installing the Stainless clutch line?

I actually have in my trunk, the SR clutch line for my V6. Took it to my mechanic along with 3 quarts of DOT4 and he told me that unless I was willing to risk having the slave cylinder pulled out, it may take 3-4 hours to do to ensure that there isn't any air in the system.

I've been really temped on just buying a pump for $50 and replacing it myself...

Quick Reply: lakeguy77's Build Thread