Motorsports All motorsports action here, regardless of manufacturer

The King on Danica......

Search this Thread

Old 2/13/14, 06:47 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shes alot like stewart in that whenever she wrecks its always someone elses fault

just wasting a good seat that someone else would be winning in
Old 2/14/14, 05:05 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
She looks good and draws more women to racing....Thats all she is.

I've been disabled since 1992 because the bearing factory i worked at had to put more women doing jobs they couldn't physically handle. Some kind of equal rights for women BS. After seeing a 400+ lb bar of steel on this womans body, i ran and lifted it off her. I tore everything out of my back and that ended my 'work history'. They don't have women doing my job anymore. I FEEL BETTER NOW

What i'm trying to say is, how much longer will it be before she really hurts someone on the race track............................................. ................................
Old 2/15/14, 05:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Petty has gotten a fair amount of grief for his comments. Mostly from media types that don't like racing anyway and especially not NASCAR. He has been called everything from redneck to dinosaur. Whatever. He was probably sick of reporters asking him about her when he would rather be answering questions about his own teams. I agree with a lot of what has been said here. She might have a chance on a restrictor plate track but I wouldn't hold my breath. Even in the realm of NASCAR that is not real racing. Forty-some cars running around in a big pack waiting for someone to screw up and cause "The Big One". I suppose that's exciting if all you want to see are wrecks. Unfortunately, Daytona gets the most hype and TV coverage so most viewers assume all NASCAR races are the same.
I'm sure Danica has a lot more driving talent than most men, just not the ones she is trying to race against.
Old 2/15/14, 05:26 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
She's where she is for one reason and its not because shes a great race driver. If she had a ***** and looked like Jimmy Spencer, she'd have a hard time getting a ride in the ARCA series.
Old 2/15/14, 07:24 PM
GT Member

shes better than her boyfriend Stenhouse, he doesnt belong in Sprint cup either, shes not the worst in Cup for sure
Old 2/15/14, 07:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Really? He beat her out for Rookie of the Year...She might look decent on the restrictor plate tracks but when it comes to actually driving the car in a real race its a different story.
Old 2/15/14, 08:02 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by blksn8k
She might look decent on the restrictor plate tracks but when it comes to actually driving the car in a real race its a different story.

Change she to he and you've just described Junior too

Lol
Old 2/15/14, 09:50 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Change she to he and you've just described Junior too

Lol

At least junior is a likeable guy, seems pretty down to earth. Someone you could get drunk with and have a good time.
Old 2/16/14, 08:58 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 949 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by exchallenger
Danica seems to get on great teams and has great cars to race and qualifies with good times, but when it comes to actually racing...not very successful. Richard Petty is one of the few people on planet Earth who could say what he said and not be pilloried for it.

Very true. For having such fine resources and decent cars to drive, she doesn't do real well with them. If she was a male driver with those same resources and results she would be kicked off most teams.
I saw her race in person at Darlington where I thought she handled the car quite well, but in every instance her racing skills paled in comparison to every other driver on the track. She would compete side by side for a bit, then fade back in far too many instances. No killer instinct observed. Have to remember her female DNA doesn't have the same components. Not her fault. Women might like to think they are equal but until Mother Nature changes her mind, not.
Old 2/16/14, 01:51 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
At least junior is a likeable guy, seems pretty down to earth. Someone you could get drunk with and have a good time.
Hey I agree. He's my favorite driver but I realize he can't drive a car like the shrub or a lot of guys.
Old 2/16/14, 02:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Hey I agree. He's my favorite driver but I realize he can't drive a car like the shrub or a lot of guys.
When they were kids it was said that his sister Kelly was a better driver.
Old 2/16/14, 08:44 PM
GT Member

he did pretty well in the chase......
Old 2/18/14, 04:42 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Continuing this discussion . . . I think Robin Miller has written an excellent article on Danica and Simona.

http://racer.com/index.php/viewpoint...r-girl-trouble

She had “ovaries” (her word) in an Indy car, wasn’t afraid to mix it up and was more comfortable at the fast ovals. When I read people saying she’s no Janet Guthrie or Lyn St. James I nod in agreement: they’re right, Danica was competitive in an Indy car.

Nothing that is said or written will change people’s minds but don’t be too dismissive. Patrick ain’t much of a stock car driver and she’ll continue to struggle and be criticized, vilified etc. But she succeeded at a place and in a car that a lot of those NASCAR boys (past and present) wanted no part of and, for that alone, deserves a lot more respect than she gets.
Old 2/19/14, 10:27 PM

I pretty much agree with the article, Danica can absolutely win on plate tracks