Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

Ordered 2014 GT500: The Wait Begins! Ha!

Search this Thread

Old 8/21/13, 08:53 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelby Mama

lol nice!

I can't even go through any of the gears when accelerating and I'm speeding....terribly...

I took one of my friends for a ride the other day and she is like "Gina, you are going to get a speeding ticket!" lol

"Sorry Mr. Officer.....but, it idles at 100......

Wish we had some autobahns in the states!
It's so easy to do. Took my wife's friend for a ride last Saturday. Some idiot in a beater was messing with us so I turned Lyla loose when the stoplight turned green. Was on it hard through first and second and shifted to third. At that point I realized I was doing 90 in a 40. As for MPG, I went through a tank of gas with all highway driving and got 23.84 MPG. to those waiting on your cars, you are gonna luv em.
Old 8/26/13, 03:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
made my first call to SVT today...they said the car was "in the body shop"
and they expected it to be delivered between sept 10, and sept 16...
My guess is the car is still in about 20 foot of sheet metal form at the moment...
Old 8/26/13, 03:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Question

I assume these cars ride the rails and a good clay bar job should be in the works once I get the car?
Old 8/26/13, 04:11 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by osso12
I assume these cars ride the rails and a good clay bar job should be in the works once I get the car?
Absolutely!

I was amazed at how much my clay bar picked up. I didn't let the dealer touch it either. The prep part that is. I got it with all the stickers and plastic left on. It even had red crayon marks for the center lines of the stripes.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 8/26/13 at 04:13 PM.
Old 8/26/13, 05:15 PM
Bullitt Member

at first i told the dealer the same thing.. then they started giving me this "by law" jargon as far as unwrapping the vehicle etc....and keeping the wraps.. so I gave up on the request and told them to prep the car. Still gonna clay bar it the first weekend that I have it. Gonna drive it the first few days dirt or no dirt!
Old 8/26/13, 09:00 PM
GTR Member

Don't let them prep it! If you're spending good money on it, the last thing you want is some low wage porter washing it up. Have them do the PDI and fill it with fuel and nothing else! I pulled the plastic off of my 2011 and would do the same to any new car I order from here on out.

As for clay bar, you may also want to try Iron-X to eat the contaminants off. It should make the clay process easier and remove the rail dust from the paint.
Old 9/4/13, 03:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Don't let them prep it! If you're spending good money on it, the last thing you want is some low wage porter washing it up. Have them do the PDI and fill it with fuel and nothing else! I pulled the plastic off of my 2011 and would do the same to any new car I order from here on out.

As for clay bar, you may also want to try Iron-X to eat the contaminants off. It should make the clay process easier and remove the rail dust from the paint.
Old 9/6/13, 03:28 PM

New to the forum, but long time Mustang and Shelbyenthusiast. I’m one month into my order. Back in August I ordered my GT500 ingrabber blue with white stripe through a local dealer that didn’t have any allocations.They promised me that would fight to get one. They came through! My order hasbeen placed and Ford said they will build it. I’m having it drop-shippedstraight to Shelby American and it will become a Super Snake before I ever seeit. I’ve already paid my deposit with Shelby and received my CSM# from them…. I’mstoked !!! So the real wait begins… much like many of you! I have no idea how Iwill ever pass the time…
Old 9/6/13, 03:37 PM

Has anyone ever taken the car to a custom paint shop and had the stipes painted on instead of the sticker? I'm think that look would be so much better than the stickers.
Old 9/6/13, 03:48 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by CSM14SS56
New to the forum, but long time Mustang and Shelbyenthusiast. I’m one month into my order. Back in August I ordered my GT500 ingrabber blue with white stripe through a local dealer that didn’t have any allocations.They promised me that would fight to get one. They came through! My order hasbeen placed and Ford said they will build it. I’m having it drop-shippedstraight to Shelby American and it will become a Super Snake before I ever seeit. I’ve already paid my deposit with Shelby and received my CSM# from them…. I’mstoked !!! So the real wait begins… much like many of you! I have no idea how Iwill ever pass the time…
---
Congrats! Sounds awesome, you will love it. I live in Las Vegas (where Shelby is). If you need me to go there for you at any time, I'd be happy to. My son and I love going there!
Old 9/7/13, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
---
Congrats! Sounds awesome, you will love it. I live in Las Vegas (where Shelby is). If you need me to go there for you at any time, I'd be happy to. My son and I love going there!
Thanks Pete... Shelby has been great to work with so far. They said I can call anytime and they would go take a pic of the car and send it to me. We'll see once it gets there. Just waiting on a VIN and build date. The dealer called to say that Ford told them they will move mine to the front of the line because they are ending the Grabber Blue paint this month and my GT500 will be the last.
Old 9/10/13, 11:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

I recall hearing early in the year that every Ford dealer would receive at least one allocation for a 2014 GT500. That would be something if you received the last Grabber Blue GT500. I have read comments from some who do not like the stripes and had considered ordering a GT500 without the stripes. I am really glad I ordered stripes on my GT500. The white stripes just complement the Race Red color . I think my GT500 would look bare without the stripes.
Old 9/11/13, 01:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
I recall hearing early in the year that every Ford dealer would receive at least one allocation for a 2014 GT500. That would be something if you received the last Grabber Blue GT500. I have read comments from some who do not like the stripes and had considered ordering a GT500 without the stripes. I am really glad I ordered stripes on my GT500. The white stripes just complement the Race Red color . I think my GT500 would look bare without the stripes.
Not all dealership received allocations......As with previous years dealerships had to OPT OUT of the SVT allocations if the dealership did NOT want any SVT allocations.

However, this year the dealerships had to OPT IN to receive a SVT allocation.

We had to hunt around to find a dealership in our area. We test drove a 11' Shelby GT 500 convertible (which we had no intentions on buying, but you want to have a idea on how the car handles when you are spend that amount of money) Anyways, we wanted to buy our 14' from that dealership but they had never opted in for the allocation. So we had to go elsewhere. It was not too hard (but still hard enough) to find a dealership who had a allocation AND had a price under MSRP. It was do-able though with enough research.

Last edited by Shelby Mama; 9/11/13 at 06:08 PM.
Old 9/11/13, 05:31 PM

My dealer tells me that they have been promised a allocation and I have been put into the system. The best guess that the gm had was it would be part of the oct builds.
I was put in the system august 28. Does this seem right to all of you experts?
Old 9/13/13, 04:39 PM
Bullitt Member

mine is supposed to be here monday...
ordered 5/31....if its here monday the 16th...someone do the math...
but yes 3 months and some change is the norm.
Old 9/13/13, 08:47 PM

Congratulations OSSO 12. I am truly happy for you. Good things happen to good people. Let me know what color you picked out. And GUESS WHAT!

I just can't believe it, my salesman called me today and gave me my vin# and Build week. Build week is oct 7th - 11th. He also told me he will update me on the build day when it gets closer. His estimate for delivery is Oct.23rd 24th,or25th. My birthday is the 23rd. If he is close on the delivery date it will be 8 weeks.
Old 9/13/13, 10:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
The wait for this would drive me nuts. Congrats. Holly Shiz.
Old 9/14/13, 02:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
3 months isn't the norm, July production was lost during the shut-down..
Old 9/14/13, 11:08 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

With the plant now in continuous production, I suspect the normal wait for production of a GT500 would be about two months. Good to hear more members of TMS are getting GT500 Mustangs before it is too late. It will be fun to see more GT500 Mustangs on the road.
Old 9/15/13, 10:10 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
With the plant now in continuous production, I suspect the normal wait for production of a GT500 would be about two months. Good to hear more members of TMS are getting GT500 Mustangs before it is too late. It will be fun to see more GT500 Mustangs on the road.
Now that Fusion production has started at FRAP, it may still take about the same time. It also depends on dealer allocation and proximity. My GT arrived 29 days after ordering.

Quick Reply: Ordered 2014 GT500: The Wait Begins! Ha!