Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

Here come the ADM's on the 2013 GT500

Search this Thread

Old 11/24/11, 01:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StiRob
I see your in Dallas, the 23yrs I lived up there I think I had maybe 3 good dealer experiences. In my experience the dealers here in Houston are much more customer friendly.
Ya, Dallas is very "LA" if that makes sense. I have some great dealers stories from friends and from me shopping around this year. Being 25 doesn't help either. I've decided to wait for the 13 so I'll have some time to shop around. I'm not afraid to drive to Houston!
Old 11/24/11, 06:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I find it hard to believe a dealer would sell a current model year car at invoice. Dealers need to make money to survive. If a dealer needed to get rid of last years cars, maybe he would sell at invoice or below to just get rid of the car. Wouldnt a dealer be violating anti-trust laws to sell at invoice ?
Old 11/24/11, 07:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
I find it hard to believe a dealer would sell a current model year car at invoice. Dealers need to make money to survive. If a dealer needed to get rid of last years cars, maybe he would sell at invoice or below to just get rid of the car. Wouldnt a dealer be violating anti-trust laws to sell at invoice ?
Five Oh Brian, 05fordgt, PACESETR, and other dealership folks who post here would most likely give the details, but the invoice price that we can see includes an additional "dealer holdback" amount that is profit. There are other forms of revenue for a dealership, as I am sure you aware.

Not sure of the connection you are making to an anti-trust law violation.
Old 11/24/11, 08:29 PM
GT Member

Violate anti-trust law for selling a car at invoice? Huh? Absolutely not, dealers do it all the time - they can sell cars for whatever they want or for whatever they can get.
Old 11/24/11, 08:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by fuhrius
you don't have to know anything about the ordering / allocation system / share of nation...nothing...you just make a deal with your dealer...they handle the rest. they'll know whether they can commit to getting you one or not....so don't worry about the allocation stuff.

That's not true at all. There are all kinds of dealers who will lie to you and say they can get you a car and guys even put down deposits. Then months later they find out there is no car coming and they have missed out on making the deal elsewhere.
Many dealers just hope they get an extra allocation, etc. and can get you a car.
Old 11/24/11, 08:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Randy M
Thanks for the note Brian.

I should stay off this site for a while, it drives me nuts...

Nothing wrong with the Challenger. If there were no Mustang's I would own a Challenger.
But they are much bigger and heavier than the Mustang. They are a good cruiser but they might not give you that "feel" you'd get from a lighter, more powerful car.
Test drive one and judge the Challenger for yourself. But make sure you get what YOU WANT.
Old 11/24/11, 09:01 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer

Nothing wrong with the Challenger. If there were no Mustang's I would own a Challenger.
But they are much bigger and heavier than the Mustang. They are a good cruiser but they might not give you that "feel" you'd get from a lighter, more powerful car.
Test drive one and judge the Challenger for yourself. But make sure you get what YOU WANT.
They are really nice looking though. Wish they would downsize it just a bit.
Old 11/24/11, 09:16 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
The Challenger is the best looking 4 X 4 I've ever seen. All it needs is side steps to complete the look.
Old 11/25/11, 10:56 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer
If there were no Mustang's I would own a Challenger.
+1. Mustangs are my favorite pony car, but the Challenger is certainly cool. I remember seeing the movie, Vanishing Point, at a drive in when it was first released back in 1971. I was just a boy at the time, but oh what an impression that movie made on me! Not enough to buy a Challenger, but an impression none-the-less.
Old 11/25/11, 11:52 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
They are really nice looking though. Wish they would downsize it just a bit.
Needs a dedicated chassis since the Challenger is more or less a tarted up Charger like the Camaro is more less a tarted up G8.

However its understandable, both Dodge and GM were taking a big risk going against Mustang (and in GM's case its especially paid off).