'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

2013 GT500 Leaked Info

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/11, 11:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
.....aaaaaaaaaaaand this is why people think Shelby owners are douchebags.
Old 4/29/11, 11:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love how you have the most childish remarks when anyone has any kind of disagreement with you. You should try to find a section of just 2011 GT500 owners so you guys can talk about how you own the greatest automobile ever made.

First it was about how the GT500 is somehow superior to the Boss 302 now Mustang Cobras never existed because the same performance division that started out making Cobras didn't get it right until they made GT500s ya know... real Cobras with Shelby's blessing. Most would agree with me that real Shelby Mustangs were made from 1965-70. The real hardcore enthusiasts will say that the 1967 was the last true Shelby since 68-70 were made in a regular Ford production line just like the 07-11 GT500s that were developed by SVT not Shelby.
Old 4/29/11, 11:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by black_bullitt

Yup
Old 4/30/11, 12:06 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 97GT03SVT
I love how you have the most childish remarks when anyone has any kind of disagreement with you. You should try to find a section of just 2011 GT500 owners so you guys can talk about how you own the greatest automobile ever made.

First it was about how the GT500 is somehow superior to the Boss 302 now Mustang Cobras never existed because the same performance division that started out making Cobras didn't get it right until they made GT500s ya know... real Cobras with Shelby's blessing. Most would agree with me that real Shelby Mustangs were made from 1965-70. The real hardcore enthusiasts will say that the 1967 was the last true Shelby since 68-70 were made in a regular Ford production line just like the 07-11 GT500s that were developed by SVT not Shelby.
aaaaaaaand this is why I give thanks for Roe v Wade.

I'm a fan of ALL Mustangs, you are not. You already said the heritage is BS. The Mustang is just a car to you. No better than a Subaru, right?

1. I never said the Boss was bad mustang, I wouldn't say that about another mustang
2. The GT500 is superior to the Boss
3. Ford moved the 500 so they could actually produce enough to make money on them. That doesn't make the 68-70 non-Shelby's. They ARE Shelby.
4. I never said the cobra mustang never existed, I owned one. The cobra badge belongs to shelby and nothing you say about that is going to change my mind. Shelby and Cobra are the same entity and that's a fact. I don't care if ford had the rights to use it to sell cars. The fact is that Shelby made the Cobra popular and ford used it's popularity to sell cars.

One last thing I like ALL MUSTANGS get that good ALL MUSTANGS and I care about ALL of the mustang's history. You don't care about it's history, so any comments you might have about a mustang hold no water for me. Go chat about that Subaru you liked so much.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 4/30/11 at 12:39 AM.
Old 4/30/11, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
aaaaaaaand this is why I give thanks for Roe v Wade
Too bad they didn't rule in favor of postpartum abortion, huh..?? I mean hell, then we wouldn't have to deal with all those pesky Shelby haters.

You like Shelby's like Hitler liked blue-eyed blondes. It's the superior car yada yada, heard that story before... moving along. Please don't send us to the showers.
Old 4/30/11, 12:32 AM
GT Member

Lol, we aren't all bad!

When I was looking at them a couple friends mentioned they didn't like how the shelby name was on it...and I agreed at the time. Fact is when you own it you start to appreciate it more and more. You look up the history and are glad to be part of it even if some think it isnt true. It is just a car with a long name...but it is a really good car that I like more and more as time goes on! I would never debadge it though and I once thought I would. I just like every bit of it. I'm sure you GT owners feel the same pride in your cars. To me the dealer names stuck on the back of the cars are way more offensive! What did they do to the car besides sell it. Luckily I dont have that on mine. Anyways the Cobra emblem is one of the sweetest I've seen. Changing the name wouldn't make it any less of a car though. And part of it is marketing...what if they called the new Boss some other name? Would people still kill for one?
Old 4/30/11, 12:45 AM
Banned

Too bad they didn't rule in favor of postpartum abortion, huh..?? I mean hell, then we wouldn't have to deal with all those pesky Shelby haters.

You like Shelby's like Hitler liked blue-eyed blondes. It's the superior car yada yada, heard that story before... moving along. Please don't send us to the showers.
Wrong. I own 4 mustangs now and have owned more.
Old 4/30/11, 12:55 AM

Wrong. I own 4 mustangs now and have owned more.
Are you a f***ing troll??!!
Strong argument. Keep it up.
Old 4/30/11, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by 944withnos
Lol, we aren't all bad!
I completely agree. I have GOOD friends that are Shelby owners and they are not douchebags. lol.
I've probably looked at half a dozen GT500's over the past few years, but could never pull the trigger. Mostly because of the financial part (his name is expensive), but partly because everytime I'd tell one of my buddy's I was looking at one, I'd get at least one reply telling me not to turn into a Shelby snob.
Old 4/30/11, 12:59 AM
Banned

Are you a f***ing troll??!!
Strong argument. Keep it up.
I like when ignorant people throw out troll. Pathetic
Old 4/30/11, 01:08 AM

I like when ignorant people throw out troll. Pathetic
Pathetic = coming into an argument with an active duty enlisted troop thinking a mention of your material possessions would have any effect at all. Unless your goal was to prove that you are in fact a stereotypical Shelby owning doucher... then you win.
Old 4/30/11, 01:12 AM
Banned

Pathetic = coming into an argument with an active duty enlisted troop thinking a mention of your material possessions would have any effect at all. Unless your goal was to prove that you are in fact a stereotypical Shelby owning doucher... then you win.
I thought I simplified it, I'll try again.
Ignorant = you 89 I'm guessing
Old 4/30/11, 01:33 AM
V6 Member

The Shelby GT500 was a great product to introduce to the retro-themed 2005 Mustang thereby capitalizing on its nostalgia. Personally i prefer the name of just Mustang Cobra due to its simplicity and the fact that it sounds more menacing.

Going foward however i would rather not see the Shelby name attached to the top of the line stang...nothing personal but it had its time then and its time now, but with the next gen model its time to go back to basics and move foward. Ford and SVT is doing the work and not Shelby, and as far as I'am aware he does not own the insignia of the cobra emblem or name. I'am sure its a hell of a vehicle but its time to go back with just the Cobra name. Besides from what i've read the contract between Ford and Shelby will be up when the redesigned mustang hits the market. Anyway those are my thoughts on this matter.
Old 4/30/11, 01:47 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Anywaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

I say this is a hybrid Mustang. Part GT500, part GT, part Boss

Old 4/30/11, 02:24 AM

I thought I simplified it, I'll try again.
Ignorant = you 89 I'm guessing
You not speaka da engrish as first language I'm guessing.

Ignorant = thinking your car is the best car evaaarrrr just because it's you that bought it.

I see you did a massive edit to one of your posts, and straight up said the Shelby is superior to the BOSS. 1a) I never brought the BOSS into this discussion, because that's a douchebag move. 1b) Guess we know what that makes you... 2) If you want to get 'educated', take a venture through the 2012 BOSS 302 forum on here. Then we can talk production numbers, initial purchase costs, and even performance, then discuss this "superior" thing in further detail.

Last edited by black_bullitt; 4/30/11 at 02:25 AM.
Old 4/30/11, 02:41 AM
Banned

You not speaka da engrish as first language I'm guessing.

Ignorant = thinking your car is the best car evaaarrrr just because it's you that bought it.

I see you did a massive edit to one of your posts, and straight up said the Shelby is superior to the BOSS. 1a) I never brought the BOSS into this discussion, because that's a douchebag move. 1b) Guess we know what that makes you... 2) If you want to get 'educated', take a venture through the 2012 BOSS 302 forum on here. Then we can talk production numbers, initial purchase costs, and even performance, then discuss this "superior" thing in further detail.
...and you're a racist on top of that, but that makes sense. An ignorant racist with an 89 IQ
Old 4/30/11, 02:55 AM

...and you're a racist on top of that, but that makes sense. An ignorant racist with an 89 IQ
Racist? Wow, you're reaching now. That would have been a hit at your ability to grasp proper grammar. Remember your comment about trolls and being pathetic? I can make the same argument about you trying to put a racist spin on this.

And with that, this discussion has officially reached a new low, so I'm done here. Have fun with your Jesus car.
Old 4/30/11, 03:10 AM
Banned

Racist? Wow, you're reaching now. That would have been a hit at your ability to grasp proper grammar. Remember your comment about trolls and being pathetic? I can make the same argument about you trying to put a racist spin on this.

And with that, this discussion has officially reached a new low, so I'm done here. Have fun with your Jesus car.
Yes, you are. I already pointed out the fact that you're a moron. Pointing out the fact that you can't read, proves my point. You can't hide what you are.
Old 4/30/11, 03:48 AM

Making random claims and pointing out facts are two completely different things.

Golly, you're sooooo good at internet arguing. I bet you were(are?) on the debate team at your middle school.

(Mods, forgive me for feeding the troll)

Last edited by black_bullitt; 4/30/11 at 03:51 AM.
Old 4/30/11, 09:14 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 944withnos
Lol, we aren't all bad!

When I was looking at them a couple friends mentioned they didn't like how the shelby name was on it...and I agreed at the time. Fact is when you own it you start to appreciate it more and more. You look up the history and are glad to be part of it even if some think it isnt true. It is just a car with a long name...but it is a really good car that I like more and more as time goes on! I would never debadge it though and I once thought I would. I just like every bit of it. I'm sure you GT owners feel the same pride in your cars. To me the dealer names stuck on the back of the cars are way more offensive! What did they do to the car besides sell it. Luckily I dont have that on mine. Anyways the Cobra emblem is one of the sweetest I've seen. Changing the name wouldn't make it any less of a car though. And part of it is marketing...what if they called the new Boss some other name? Would people still kill for one?
My issue is not the Shelby name or GT500 on the car. It's a cool gimmick but I am one of those who really doesn't care much about the nostalgia and could care less about the Shelby heritage but that's me. I have a good friend with a 2009 GT500 and love the car but really can't justify purchasing one right now. As another poster mentioned some talk down to those who have differing opinions or a "less important" Mustang. Back when the 2003-04 Cobras were new they were the same way its not just the GT500 lol.

Perhaps my opinion would change if I owned one, but then again I give Ford more credit than Shelby for these great cars. My father once owned a 1968 GT500KR Mach1s, Bosses... I guess because I have been around them the history is less important to me. I just want a fast Mustang lol.

Quick Reply: 2013 GT500 Leaked Info