Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Clutch Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 9/16/07 | 02:36 AM
V6 Member

Clutch Issues?

Maybe it's just me or I need to vent a little. About 8k miles, I took the car to a dealer, complaining about a clutch chatter. Those with high end clutches, > Spec 3 (I had one in my 99 SS) I noticed the chatter. I took it to the dealer, dropped it off after explaining my issue. They couldn't duplicate it.

After about 2-3k more miles, I noticed a chirping noise coming from the shifter area. I thought, oh great, infamous throwout bearing noise. Well, unbeknownst to me, they were hydraulic clutches. I took it back and they couldn't do anything. They stated, it was normal wear and tear. I let them know that the car had less than 12k miles and it shouldn't be "wearing" like that. They insisted is was normal Ford operation for a car like the Mustang. I sucked it up and left again. '

500 miles later, the chirping in neutral got louder and the chatter was still there. This time, I took the service foreman with me. He did notice the issue and they stated they'd investigate more. After 2 days of not getting my calls returned, they said the car was ready. I assumed they fixed something...nope. I get there and they couldn't find any TSB's and Ford stated they had no knowledge of an issue such as mine and it was operating normally.

I figured, to hell with it. I drove it daily like I had been doing and every oil change (@ a Ford Dealer) i'd gripe and complain to a diff. service writer and ask about TSB's. Nothin.

Now, here I have 27k miles on the odometer, (I took the car back 1 more time at 21k miles) and the clutch pedal has gotten **** near like my 99 GT did with a high mileage cable clutch with 90k miles on it. I now work for a dealership where we had an 06 GT on the used car lot and checked the odometer (32k miles) and the clutch felt nothing like mine. Easy as hell.

What on earth can I do? Not to mention, the popping noise coming from my front end is a pain in the *** to get used to. (I suppose I need to dig around a little more on here to see if there's a thread about it).

All in all, I am not pleased with Ford. 1 full year of complaining with no progress, not even a tranny pull to check if there's anything prematurely worn.
Old 9/16/07 | 03:23 AM
Bullitt Member

judging by your post you have been going back to the same dealer.

I would have gone to a diffrent dealer a long time ago

also I would have never put up with it, doesnt matter if there is a tsb on it or not, they should have fixed the issue, the b2b warranty doesnt say"covers everything unless there is no tsb on it"

Its like if your alternator decided to take a dump and you had it towed in and they said, "nope, normal wear because there is no tsb"

you should have never put up with that bs, Call the BAR if you have to cause thats just ridiculous
Old 9/16/07 | 03:26 AM
Bullitt Member

opps like it posted the first time
Old 9/16/07 | 11:32 AM
V6 Member

I'd taken it to 3 different dealers and had them note what I took it in for the prior issues at other dealerships. I just seemed to have left that out.