Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2006 multiple electrical issues

Old 5/28/14, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 multiple electrical issues

My car began acting funny this morning. When I arrived at work, I locked the doors with the factory remote. About an hour later, I returned to my car and tried to unlock it with my factory remote...no joy. Then I tried my aftermarket remote (the one that came with my remote car starter), and that didn't work either. So, I unlocked the car by hand, grabbed what I needed and went to lock the door using the lock button on the door itself, but it didn't work either. I was already on the clock, so I went back to work and returned about 6 hours later. none of the power lock options worked. I opened the car to start it, and it started and runs fine. However, I am having several issues with the electrical now Including: no headlights, no tail/turns, no 4 ways, Traction control light is on (indicating T/C is turned off), no power windows, no power mirrors, no radio, and I can't shift the car out of park because the brake doesn't release the shifter. My fuel gauge shows empty even though I've only driven 45 miles since my last fill up, and my oil pressure gauge does not work as well. My wipers do work (along with the squirters) and my heater fan works as does the Tachometer, temperature gauge, and voltmeter. Both my 12V power plugs work too.
Now...with all that said, I just (last month) had all the TSB leaks fixed related to the Smart Junction Box Problem (cowl, and both Driver's and Passenger's side windows). Both floors and firewall are dry. And I had a brand new SJB installed. The message center on the dash is rotating the following messages: Low Oil pressure, parking brake on, low brake fluid, and DTE LFI DATA ERROR. I was able to pull two DTC codes after letting the engine run for 10-15 minutes (P2068 fuel level sensor "B" and P0463 fuel level sensor circuit high input). The fuel pump is original (as far as I know) and I have 96,000 miles on the car.
I hope I've provided enough detail here to get an answer as to what is wrong with my car. Any help is appreciated.
Jay
Old 5/28/14, 08:02 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
might pop the kick panel just to be sure the SJB is still dry- and while looking in the SJB area, make sure all the plugs are in tight and any grounds arent rusty...
I dried my SJB out a few yrs back, so far no issues, but always worried about corrosion as it was really soaked.
mine got wet from the black frame around the windows- the gasket had kinda oozed out by the mirrors, and water was pouring down the A-pillar like a downspout when driving in the rain...drying the carpet took a week, had to pull it up, lift the rubber pad blow fan under...

that reminds me, need to pull that up again and check no rust has started- I hate rust.
Old 6/18/14, 01:57 PM
V6 Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
I have had the same error code related to the fuel sending unit. The fix is simple. Add two bottles of Techtron fuel cleaner to your gas tank and clear the codes by a battery cut off or scanner. The Techtron cleans the sulfur deposits from the sending unit and it really works. Sure beats a new fuel pump and hardware!