33.67%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Bullitt vs. GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 1/17/11, 01:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bullitt vs. GT/CS

Bullitt vs. GT/CS? I expect a biased result, so I'm posting this in both forums to see what results I get.

But I know that the bullitt has 15 more horsepower and a different suspension, but how many tenths of a second does that translate to in a street race? (which i don't condone )
Old 1/17/11, 01:19 PM
GT Member

Thumbs up S197 Mustang owners have already spoken

somewhere on the 2005-2009 Mustang page here, there's a poll-thread that shows the Bullitt is everyone's favorite Special Edition S197 .........
I'm just say'n

Last edited by shooterm1; 1/17/11 at 01:25 PM.
Old 1/17/11, 01:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

haha stirring it up... nice. I figure that it's going to be more popular, but personally I like the GT/CS styling better. I do want the bullitt sterring wheel, you can keep that dash though. So how much faster is the bullitt over a stock gt/cs?
Old 1/17/11, 08:13 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35Kxl...eature=related
Old 1/18/11, 07:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

cool vid. My favorite show
Old 1/18/11, 02:50 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G Wrecks
you can keep that dash though.
If you don't get the gunsmith style engine turned dash, then you don't get it at all. It goes along with the cross hair gauges & emblem on the faux gas cap, the Bullitt/bullet word play from the movie, and the very unique cool factor of Steve McQueen as Lt. Frank.

I get numerous compliments from strangers about the DHG color, the dash, and the exhaust note.

A post from another forum from a guy that had a new GT and his dad had a new Bullitt said it pretty cool I thought:

The Beast
My dad has a 2k8 Bullitt, I gotta 2k8 GT Grabber<ST1</ST1, both shared the same showroom of the same dealership. My 2 cents are this, he's let me borrow his for a few days and when you get in his car it's all different. Different atmosphere goin’ on inside the car. The steering wheel, the seats, the instrument cluster, the panel is all different. You start it, much better sound. You put it in gear, much easier and the ball rules. You give it gas and it feels different. The ride feels different. A Bullitt is supposed to be an improved GT, right? Wasn't the GT390 an improved GT back in '68? If that's the case, then don't you think they hit it?
Make mine Bullitt. I saw it and heard it on Ford's website and had to have one. If it doesn't move you like that, I think you'd have more fun in a CS, and leave the Bullitt's for those who get it.

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/18/11 at 03:59 PM.
Old 1/18/11, 03:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

that angle looks very good... and i haven't seen one in person. The other photos I've seen made that dash look very flashy and distracting. And believe me, I get it. I guess I want people that aren't mustang enthusiasts to recognize that my car isn't just a normal gt.

I know the Bullitt is def. not a normal gt, but to the untrained motorist, it looks like a v6 mustang (albeit the green color and dual exhaust).
Old 1/18/11, 03:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,019 Posts
I don't know what are the criteria for this vote . . . but it doesn't matter, I voted Bullitt, Bullitt all the way!

. . . . I guess I want people that aren't mustang enthusiasts to recognize that my car isn't just a normal gt. . . . to the untrained motorist, it looks like a v6 mustang (albeit the green color and dual exhaust).
Aha, so if that is the criteria, then maybe the Bullitt isn't it . . . but who cares about the general public anyway? What do they know about cool cars? If they don't know the difference between a V6 and a Bullet then . . . well, you know . . .

An 08-09 Bullitt sighting is a rare thing; turns my head around for sure . . . kinda dangerous actually . . .

Last edited by Bert; 1/18/11 at 03:29 PM.
Old 1/18/11, 04:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bert
I don't know what are the criteria for this vote . . . but it doesn't matter, I voted Bullitt, Bullitt all the way!

Aha, so if that is the criteria, then maybe the Bullitt isn't it . . . but who cares about the general public anyway? What do they know about cool cars? If they don't know the difference between a V6 and a Bullet then . . . well, you know . . .

An 08-09 Bullitt sighting is a rare thing; turns my head around for sure . . . kinda dangerous actually . . .

The criteria for the vote is personal opinion overall, so you voted how you wanted to.

Man I'm stepping up from a 1999 mustang v6 to a 2008 gt/cs, so yeah, I want people to notice a difference on first glance. It may be pathetic, but MAN it sucks being a sports car enthusiast and not being able to go fast
Old 1/18/11, 10:23 PM
V6 Member

Bullitt is more business, and CA-Special more "fluff". Aside from the engine-turned dash (which I love), you get GT-500 style seats and steering wheel, factory CAI and tune, the FRPP strut brace, "tweaked" suspension settings (this is really a farce - the shocks sucked), cool 18"x8.5" wheels, and probably the most important feature, the identical rear axle the KR got, with the carbon-fiber clutch pack and 3.73 gears. AND the Bullitt doesn't shout "look at me, I'm a wanna-be racer"..
I'm happy to do without fake scoops, non-functional spoiler and stripes...

Old 1/19/11, 04:45 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can I park here guys?

Old 1/19/11, 10:39 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by fdjizm
Can I park here guys?
Sure.

Hey; you've got fake scoops... LUCKY !
Old 1/19/11, 11:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Bullitt is superior due to actual performance tweaks, GT/CS is only a sticker/appearance package.

Last edited by 06GT; 1/19/11 at 11:06 AM.
Old 1/19/11, 11:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

not only appearance. it does sit 1.5" lower than stock gt
Old 1/19/11, 11:28 AM
Post *****

not only appearance. it does sit 1.5" lower than stock gt

EDIT - oops. I think I mis-understood. You mean the CS is 1.5" lower than GT?

I don't think that's accurate. All the specs said that the rear springs were lowered by only 6mm, not 1.5".
I always thought that was ridiculous - so small of a change. I wondered if it was for appearance since there was no added weight in the rear from Ford not providing a spare tire.
But where I posted all those Bullitt stats/comments on the reverse CS v B thread, one of the Ford guys said the slightly lower rear springs was to reduce wheel hop (coming out of corners?).

[SUSPENSION <O</OThe engineers I talked to all said that they wanted to give the 08 a more balanced ride. You can take to the track on Sunday and drive to work on Monday as a daily driver. The Shelby</ST1 springs are less forgiving. The 6MM lowering in the rear was to reduce wheel hop when cornering. Paul Randle also said that in testing the 08 Bullitt would out corner the Shelbys</ST1.]</O

https://themustangsource.com/f730/gt-cs-vs-bullitt-490794/#post6000074

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/19/11 at 12:25 PM.
Old 1/19/11, 11:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My car came with a spare tire, never heard of one not coming with, except for the gt500.
Old 1/19/11, 12:14 PM
Bullitt Member

I voted Cali, I'm not a green car kind of guy.

Also, see my sig!
Old 1/19/11, 12:17 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by fdjizm
My car came with a spare tire, never heard of one not coming with, except for the gt500.
Yeah that was one of the less pleasing GT500 features that came with Bullitt - the SVT inflator kit. lol

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/19/11 at 12:26 PM.
Old 1/20/11, 04:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

The GT/CS does *not* sit 1.5" lower than a GT...the GT/CS front fascia is 1.5" lower than a standard GT. Other than that, ride height is the same.

Originally Posted by cdynaco

EDIT - oops. I think I mis-understood. You mean the CS is 1.5" lower than GT?

I don't think that's accurate. All the specs said that the rear springs were lowered by only 6mm, not 1.5".
I always thought that was ridiculous - so small of a change. I wondered if it was for appearance since there was no added weight in the rear from Ford not providing a spare tire.
But where I posted all those Bullitt stats/comments on the reverse CS v B thread, one of the Ford guys said the slightly lower rear springs was to reduce wheel hop (coming out of corners?).
Old 1/20/11, 05:11 PM
GT Member

[QUOTE=cdynaco;5999742]If you don't get the gunsmith style engine turned dash, then you don't get it at all. It goes along with the cross hair gauges & emblem on the faux gas cap, the Bullitt/bullet word play from the movie, and the very unique cool factor of Steve McQueen as Lt. Frank.

Charlie

VERY well put! My favorite thing about the Bullitt I had was the dash and the Green paint. Hope you are doing well my friend.

Bob

Quick Reply: Bullitt vs. GT/CS