2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

08 Bullitt, or wait for 09 GT?

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/08, 02:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer
Well I should explain it a bit better...if you go to the ford website and build your mustang and try and option it like a bullitt, you'll get the base price of the GT and you'll have to add on 18" wheels ($925), interior upgrade ($460). So now you've got a 2k difference from the Bullitt.
So with that 2k you've got to buy: CAI, performance tune, improved suspension, 3.73 rear end, improved exhaust and chrome tips, improved braking, upgraded seats, aluminum pedals, and strut tower brace.

I think you'd be doing pretty well to get all of that purchased and installed for 2k.
I've seen loaded Premium GT coupes with final MSRP higher than the Bullittt, and they still don't have the Bullitt upgrades.
Old 1/27/08, 02:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I should explain it a bit better...if you go to the ford website and build your mustang and try and option it like a bullitt, you'll get the base price of the GT and you'll have to add on 18" wheels ($925), interior upgrade ($460). So now you've got a 2k difference from the Bullitt.
So with that 2k you've got to buy: CAI, performance tune, improved suspension, 3.73 rear end, improved exhaust and chrome tips, improved braking, upgraded seats, aluminum pedals, and strut tower brace.

I think you'd be doing pretty well to get all of that purchased and installed for 2k.
And the GT500 steering wheel too.
Old 1/27/08, 09:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I assume you are starting with the GT Premium, adding what you can to get some of the comparable options, and then leaving the rest of the parts as aftermarket options.

You definitely get a cost savings benefit on the 3.73 rear end, seats, and steering wheel. To replace those in a stock GT could conceivably add up to over $1000 right there.

The other parts - CAI & tune, exhaust, brake pads, pedals, and strut tower brace - could probably be done for $2000.

However, as I often have heard, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts

At any rate, the '08 Bullitt is an excellent car and cool improvement on the GT. The next Mustang, I suspect, will be just as cool, and as you note, there will be things about it improved from what is here currently.