Special Edition News and Rumor Boss? Mach 1?

The REBIRTH OF THE GT350 - WE WANT THE WOW - FACTOR - DONE RIGHT - ADD YOUR 2 CENTS

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/07, 05:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by GTHERO
Agreed, everyone here is so **** picky about the cars. Be THANKFUL that Shelby is producing Mustangs again. Instead of everyone praising Amy and the people at Shelby for what they ARE doing, you are too busy saying it isnt good enough. Be patient, if Amy and Carrol want a GT-350 then there will be one, until that lay off, and let them focus on getting the Shelby GT out there and finished.

If you ask me, the SGT bears striking resemblence to the GT-350, maybe not the same amount of power but visually it is pretty **** similar....

Just my .02
While I agree with you to some degree, you have to realize that they want & need to hear from folks like Randy & myself so that they know & understand the wants, needs, likes, and overall demand is for a GT 350. She & Mr. Shelby are probably pretty darned aware of the hue & cry for a GT350, ergo they can build a business case for it. If we said nothing, they would not know. Not so bad...
Old 1/29/07, 06:13 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the original GT 350, but as been stated before, if the Shelby GT's starting MSRP is $37K, and the GT 500 coupe MSRP is mid to low $40Ks, then there isn't a lot of room in there for a ~400hp GT 350 built by Shelby. If they could have built the Shelby GT for low $30ks then I think the GT 350 could be viable in the upper $30Ks.
JMO.

I know it's hard to believe now, but those GT 500 prices will get closer to MSRP. Here's a recent example of one that sold in the $40Ks http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...57&postcount=8
Old 1/29/07, 06:56 PM
GT Member

My idea of a GT350. same looks as the GT500 front, rear, interior and all.
Big brakes, big wheels 6 speed. I"ll even take the current 3V 4.6 with a bump in power. Give me the looks, handling, 6speed and I'll work on the power...Oh yeah, I want to be able to afford it to. Make it under 40k.

mitch
Old 1/29/07, 07:53 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

I guess one solution for making room for the GT 350 is for Ford to start charging alot more for the GT500.
Old 2/3/07, 12:32 AM
GT Member

Noooooooooooo - Lets not use words like (alot more).... The prices are high enough.... Remember what a 2007 Mustang GT goes for... You can have TWO NEW Mustang GTs for the price of ONE 2007 Shelby GT500 with current mark-up.... And their is NO OTHER WAY OF PUTTING IT - THAT IS JUST NUTS.... SAVE $26,000 and slap some GT500 stickers on your new $26,000 Mustang GT.... Their is a guy on this site goes by the name "GT350" who did just that with GT350 stripes, inboard headlights, side scoops etc - his car looks GREAT - JUST PERFECT - (I wish I had his car)... And he SAVED ALOT OF MONEY... I'm proud of him - I Love his car, I wish Shelby would sell copies of his car. His car may NOT be a real Shelby - but he is proud / happy and he SAVED (AGAIN) ALOT OF MONEY...NO garage show Queen their - this guy will USE his car and ENJOY IT....

Good example - about 20 years ago when I had my 1967 GT500 in mint condition - a show winner, the kid next door had a ratty looking Nova, he loved my car but couldn't afford to buy a Shelby (way out of his league money wise) so he did the next best thing - he bought a pair of white decal stripes for his car and put them on the rocker panels.... And dreamed the dream of driving his pretend Shelby/Nova... I was - very mad at first - and made jokes about his car and the stripes.... But you know what, I came around to the idea that not everyone can afford a Shelby... With time I came to respected him for the fact that he liked my Shelby - THAT MUCH - that he was willing to over look all the rust the dings and dents of his $100 dollar clunker and proudly show-off his stripes....

I hope everyone understands the point.... The mark-ups better end soon or those dealers & e-bay hopefulls will be sitting on some very expensive non-moving inventory that will be collecting alot of dust... Which won't be to cool when the 2008 Shelbys come out with maybe a slight restyle... NOBODY WANTS LAST YEARS MODEL - when the NEW IMPROVE 2008 Shelbys come out....

If greed is to work - it takes two to play that game - the greedy seller and the rich STUPID buyer .... Just my 2 cents.... RANDY
Old 2/4/07, 06:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Randy Anderson
If greed is to work - it takes two to play that game - the greedy seller and the rich STUPID buyer .... Just my 2 cents.... RANDY
This is a good point. Everyone seems to blame the dealer for dealer mark-up. The truth is that it's more the fault of the buyer. The practice would stop in a second if there were no buyers willing to put up with it. Can't blame the manufacturer, can't really blame the dealer. The dealer's job is to make money.

If someone walked up to you and offered $100,000 cash for your car, who is crazier - the buyer or the seller?

Here's a funny story - the reason I'm into Mustangs is because I wanted a Miata when they first came out in 1989. I had saved enough to buy one - about $14,000. But when they first came out, dealers were adding on up to $4000! I got ticked off and bought a two-year-old Mustang 5.0. Had it ever since. (About to replace it with a new GT.)

In 2004, I decided to add a Miata to my collection - got a leftover 2003 for $7000 UNDER list. It cost me LESS than a new one would have cost me in 1989!

The answer to dealer mark-up is patience!
Old 2/5/07, 06:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Nice Luke I'd agree there ,Mano it's just not good enough to get a original made by Shelby but it had to be more to other expectations, wrong if choices are offered up fine choose, if you like go into a store for a carton of milk but not that kind what do you do ? take it or leave it.
Ever since I started to drive my very first was about 13 years old a 1965 Mustang I just started to hear who Mr. Shelby was and have been an admirer ever since, Just think back look what he has accomplished It boggles my mind still. And If I had the kind of money to say go to a Barrett Jackson auction or even buy one of Mr. Shelby's personal units I would have concidered my life complete, and knowing that the biggest portion of money would GO to one of the Shelby chairitys would be so cool & heart warming.
You can't please everyone , so you gotta please your self ! Well it's alright now. sorry to ramble on so but just Love the Man.
Old 2/8/07, 06:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice musical reference, GottaHaveIt.
If SAI & Ford are to keep the GT350 affordable, chances are that they will build this at FoMoCo. My thoughts:
$41,xxx k base for coupe. $45,xxx k base for 'vert. Mfr'd at FoMoCo to keep costs down and production up. 425+ HP 4.6 AL block v8.
Old 2/8/07, 07:22 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Originally Posted by crispy23c
Nice musical reference, GottaHaveIt.
If SAI & Ford are to keep the GT350 affordable, chances are that they will build this at FoMoCo. My thoughts:
$41,xxx k base for coupe. $45,xxx k base for 'vert. Mfr'd at FoMoCo to keep costs down and production up. 425+ HP 4.6 AL block v8.

So, GT-350 MSRP will be roughly same as the GT-500? Unfornuately, I agree. With the Shelby GT running in the upper 30's to lower 40s, you got to overlap the GT500 in pricing.
Old 3/4/07, 12:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

all this talk about the gt500 being $45-50k is making me wonder...
i saw two shelby's at my dealer when i went to buy my stang, and the sticker said...$74k.

no joke. and one was sold that day.

shelby's are nice but seriously. whatever.
all that extra money for a name.
maybe i just don't understand, since i'm only 18.
a mustang, for a lot of money, with a shelby name.
they are beautiful cars, but...i mean $74k?
is nostalgia worth that much? maybe..
seeing as how people actually buy them.

i just consider all these shelby's to be marketing stunts for Ford. Just to promote the new mustang, create some buzz, some hype. They don't really care if you buy one, as long as the media gives them some air time. that's just how i look at it. some buzz marketing for ford and the mustang, but not really meant to be actually bought.

just my 2 cents.
Old 3/4/07, 07:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

74 that's cheap lol when I was asked ed do you want your name on the list for 2008 ? How much 95,000.00 for coup and 100,000.00 for a vert I don't need it that bad thanks
Old 3/4/07, 07:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

oh ps the 08 super duty is looking good to me ? only if it's one that sounds like a jet !