2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Third Shelby Mustang: Shelby GT Joins GT-H and GT500!

Search this Thread

Old 8/3/06, 08:27 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen,
My long dark winter of waiting may be ending. This just may be what I've been waiting for.
Sorry for the repeat post of this picture, but here's my photoshop of what I've been wanting (posted it just last week ironically).

Sounds like the Shelby GT will look very similiar.

I very glad that no one else on here seems to like the new Shelby GT. If this thread is indicative of the larger community then compared to the GT-500, supply and demand curves for the Shelby GT will be in my favor

Hope it comes in Silver with Blue Stripes.
Attached Images  
Old 8/3/06, 08:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by korinwoodo
Kinda sounds like another GT/CS fiasco to me.
Why do you say this?
Old 8/3/06, 08:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Why do you say this?
I was wondering the same thing.
Old 8/3/06, 08:39 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

I believe his complaint about the GT/CS is "All show and no go" i.e. no performance improvement over the Mustang GT.
Old 8/3/06, 08:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by AFBLUE
I believe his complaint about the GT/CS is "All show and no go" i.e. no performance improvement over the Mustang GT.
That's fine but it doesn't make it a fiasco. I view the GT/CS as "IUP for the exterior". It was never meant to be a performance package.
Old 8/3/06, 09:00 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Yes, The stripes are vinyl.
The ONE good thing I will say about the GT-H is it looks better in person.
Something that I thought was extremely cheap looking was the way they did the grille. The billet style grille on the GT-H is an overlay and they simply cut out the pony and the fogs. They leave the original butchered up grille on the car!! Looks like crap! Granted, the owner of the car will probably be the only one to see it, but that would really bug me.

Why all the GT 350 speculation? They've already said it will be the Shelby GT with the same low hp add-ons and other GT-H & GT/CS parts.

Off topic, but IMO, the first "new" GT350 should be a deluxe model GT (no leather, no Shaker) with a V6 front bumper, grille, (like they were planning on doing with the MT Bullitt) and rocker mouldings and the GT500 rear bumper. A hood scoop would be great IF it was functional. It would only come with a 6-speed. No options available from the factory... especially not a spoiler.

Oh. And, of course, they would only come in white (for the first year only) with a blue side stripe and optional rally stripes. (OK we're allowed that one option )
Old 8/3/06, 09:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Like I said before I applaud any new model Mustang and the thought of a GT350 or similar really amkes me think I could possible afford one. I was just about to plunk down some money for a GT/cs but Me thinks waiting just a bit longer and I might be much happier, after all I have been waiting since 05!!!
Old 8/3/06, 09:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Buy a GT and make it your own. That's what I did!
Old 8/3/06, 11:43 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Based on the MotorTrend article on GT-H production of 10-12 GT-Hs per day,
looks like Shelby American could make ~2600 Shelby GTs per year.
Old 8/4/06, 07:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AFBLUE
If it sells more cars, it ain't a fiasco...

I imagined the comment was with regards to this.
Old 8/4/06, 12:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmm, and i just special ordered an 07 gt last week. what bad timing! at least i can still back out at any time.

i think i may have to get the shelby gt instead... i cant wait to see pics of it.
Old 8/4/06, 09:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

a gt-350 version?
Old 8/5/06, 09:51 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by tricksixtyfive
a gt-350 version?
In this month's Mustang Monthy, when talking about the Hertz GT-H, it said Ford didn't assign the GT350H name to the GT-H due to the GT350 title could be used in future products.
Old 8/5/06, 10:17 AM

This Is What This Car Is!!!

Alright guys listen up. I just got back from Las Vegas where I was with my Dad at the 2007 Ford Dealer Show, where we have a business meeting with the head guys and look at new stuff coming out. All of Fords designs are getting remodeled for the better, and they also showed this car for the first time to anyone. The Shelby GT they showed us was black with white stripes. I have pictures on my phone im working on getting up here. It had a unique hood with a scoop but not like in the GT appearance package, it had the California Special Air dam, like the GT-H, they have a spoiler delete with classic shelby lettering across the decklid. IT had the 18" polished bullit style wheels, a 1966 GT350 style billet grille. the Ford Racing Handling and Performance Packs, which include the Ford Racing/Hurst shifter (amazing shifter), which means you can get it in a stick, unlike a GT-H, exhaust, a cold ait intake, etc. The car is very nice looking, better than the GT-H, and will be avaliable for ordering next month. They will start production in SEPTEMBER. I will try and get my pics up soon!!!
Old 8/5/06, 11:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Shelby Gt

Originally Posted by jonb347
Alright guys listen up. I just got back from Las Vegas where I was with my Dad at the 2007 Ford Dealer Show, where we have a business meeting with the head guys and look at new stuff coming out. All of Fords designs are getting remodeled for the better, and they also showed this car for the first time to anyone. The Shelby GT they showed us was black with white stripes. I have pictures on my phone im working on getting up here. It had a unique hood with a scoop but not like in the GT appearance package, it had the California Special Air dam, like the GT-H, they have a spoiler delete with classic shelby lettering across the decklid. IT had the 18" polished bullit style wheels, a 1966 GT350 style billet grille. the Ford Racing Handling and Performance Packs, which include the Ford Racing/Hurst shifter (amazing shifter), which means you can get it in a stick, unlike a GT-H, exhaust, a cold ait intake, etc. The car is very nice looking, better than the GT-H, and will be avaliable for ordering next month. They will start production in SEPTEMBER. I will try and get my pics up soon!!!
Did they say how much more money over a GT and get the PIC.UP PLEASE.
Old 8/5/06, 02:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sounds interesting
Old 8/5/06, 02:47 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

they have a spoiler delete with classic shelby lettering across the decklid. IT had the 18" polished bullit style wheels, a 1966 GT350 style billet grille. the Ford Racing Handling and Performance Packs, which include the Ford Racing/Hurst shifter (amazing shifter), which means you can get it in a stick, unlike a GT-H, exhaust, a cold ait intake, etc.
Spoiler Delete?, 1966 GT-350 style billet grille? comes with manual transmission?

YES! YES! and YES!

This thing is sounding better and better!
Old 8/5/06, 03:00 PM

If cuts out the gas tax 1300.00

Well If the gas tax of $1300.00 could be avoided unlike GT -500.In theory you could put that cash into Intake, Exhaust and bolt on fun.Maybe and thats (maybe ) have a 400 hp Shelby ( from Shelby Plant)that could perhabs weight less or not.Yes I know you can do this to a regular Gt.but for some this maybe the ticket and maybe thats what Fords hoping.If Camaro ever is born again, 400 hp said to be the idea and my guess would be $32- 37.But of course I could be wrong.
Old 8/5/06, 03:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Pic.

You said pic. soon???? you need help??
Old 8/5/06, 03:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Picture would be nice

Quick Reply: Third Shelby Mustang: Shelby GT Joins GT-H and GT500!