2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

new to the site... GT/CS ordered 7/21

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/06, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to the site... GT/CS ordered 7/21

Hi. This is my first post on this site!

I ordered my GT/CS July 21 -- white convertible with cloth top, manual trans, black/dove, GT appearance. I was told 8 weeks... so end of September?

I have mixed feelings about the hood scoop but my husband liked it and since I talked him into buying the car I thought I'd get the scoop special for him.

This is my first ever convertible and I'm really excited. I've always wanted one, but thought they leaked or were cold in the winter (not that we have terrible winters here in VA). I hear convertibles are designed a lot better these days. I hope so because this is going to be my daily driver.

Well, just wanted to say Hey! I've had fun seeing all the pictures of your cars. They make me impatient to get mine. BTW, there are two black GT/CSs at Ted Britt Ford in Fairfax, VA, a convertible and a coupe, if anyone is interested. They are pretty but I like the white best.
Old 8/8/06, 10:58 PM
Cobra Member

I put 30k miles on my 05 vert and having owned other convertibles I can assure you the Mustang top is really excellent!! There's a headliner inside the top that does a great job of quieting road noise and keeps the interior feeling cozy even when it's cold out. The windows have a drop-down feature, when you open the window it slides down about 1/4" inch and when you close it it goes back up the same amount (this feature is on the verts and coupes both). This allows the window to seat really well into a notch in the weatherstripping giving a very tight seal. This prevents a common problem on verts (at freeway speeds pressure from within typically pushes the upper rear corner of the glass out resulting in annoying wind noise). It isn't as quiet as a coupe, but it's not as far off as you might expect of a vert. Congrats and good luck on the wait!
Old 8/9/06, 05:48 PM
Bullitt Member

CONGRATULATIONS on your order, you are in for a real treat.

I have owned a few droptops over the years, mostly old Mopars but I can say that this is the quietest vert I have ever owned. I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice the ride is with the top up. Ofcourse the top don't stay up much even on the really hot days.
Old 8/11/06, 06:15 AM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Congrats on the your order and welcome to the site.

I have an 03 convertible, and even that model has been good all year long.
(I don't drive it in snow or if there's still salt on the road, otherwise I have
it out often. I live in Anne Arundel county, MD, so we have similar weather.)
Old 8/11/06, 04:42 PM

thanks for the replies. Now I'm even more excited about the convertible. The next 6 weeks will drag by, I'm sure.

I have a question... my husband has been checking out some of the sites about the 68 GT/CSs and he really likes the emblem on the quarter panels that says California Special. Has anyone thought about adding that on their 07? Do you think it's totally cheesy? I definitely wouldn't want to do it if it means punching holes in the car. I did some preliminary research and saw reproductions are available but I didn't look into it enough to see whether the emblems went on with 3M tape or pins.

[Blip, I used to live in Annapolis -- such a great town and I miss it! My parents live in Pasadena so I'm up that way all the time.]