2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Happiness is Friday off, a new Vert. and no payment yet!

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/06, 09:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happiness is Friday off, a new Vert. and no payment yet!

Wahooo! Oh and gas @ .99 a gallon would be good too!
Old 7/21/06, 05:56 PM

made my Friday better

Viewed your post at work, and it made my Friday better, at least someone was out there cruisin'. Just found out my Vista blue will be started on 8/7. I can't wait. Only problem is I'll be in Cleveland from the 14th to the 25th. Nothing against Cleveland, but I will sure hate it if my CS is delivered to the dealership and has to sit around waiting for me to get back. I suspect I'll have a lot of nose prints to deal with.
Old 7/21/06, 07:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by whitewaterrafter
Viewed your post at work, and it made my Friday better, at least someone was out there cruisin'. Just found out my Vista blue will be started on 8/7. I can't wait. Only problem is I'll be in Cleveland from the 14th to the 25th. Nothing against Cleveland, but I will sure hate it if my CS is delivered to the dealership and has to sit around waiting for me to get back. I suspect I'll have a lot of nose prints to deal with.
Know what you mean! Mine was parked up front with a Sport trak right next to it! I said what the heck thats an ordered car, not some inventory adjustment! Rat Bas!@#$%. Anyway, it will be nice when yours rolls in. Good news is, they have my pony engine cover and will install it tomorrow! On the minus side, it's 108 out and the A/C takes a while to pump down the temp when you have a black Vert. top. I'm about 210 miles now!

I will say they did an awesome job and I could not locate one fingerprint after it had been washed on pickup morning. The minus side is the whole "dealership" thing is so stressful.
Old 7/21/06, 09:32 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
Know what you mean! Mine was parked up front with a Sport trak right next to it! I said what the heck thats an ordered car, not some inventory adjustment! Rat Bas!@#$%. Anyway, it will be nice when yours rolls in. Good news is, they have my pony engine cover and will install it tomorrow! On the minus side, it's 108 out and the A/C takes a while to pump down the temp when you have a black Vert. top. I'm about 210 miles now!

I will say they did an awesome job and I could not locate one fingerprint after it had been washed on pickup morning. The minus side is the whole "dealership" thing is so stressful.
I'm dying here. Thunderstorms all weekend....what to do next???
Old 7/21/06, 10:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by pouterson
I'm dying here. Thunderstorms all weekend....what to do next???
I would take that over 108 but I wouldn't drive the stang in it either!
Out here there is lots of dust and junk before it rains and the roads are where the water pools which is hazardous too!
Old 7/22/06, 07:58 PM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
AZ, had some practice work to do on making a 05 Vert toon,
so added a few extras to make a GT/CS vert in white...enjoy.

(Just saw that it's missing the wing, if I get the time I'll added it later.)
Attached Images  
Old 7/22/06, 10:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

wahoo! Looks great, thanks!!!!

(or try a ducktail but only if you feel like it)
Old 7/23/06, 07:40 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I also hate the whole dealer thing, but where else are you going to go?
Old 7/23/06, 07:46 AM
Cobra R Member

On the minus side, it's 108 out and the A/C takes a while to pump down the temp when you have a black Vert. top.
Thats why I ordered mine with the parchment top, had a dark green Monte, had to run the A/C from 70 on up, too hot. The Black cloth looks great, but I like the windows open and Missouri ( Or missery) has too much humidity.
Old 7/23/06, 08:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I would have ordered that color too but, I thought black was the only one available. However, at 108 the whole car is hot, even the floorboards/engine cooling fans on all the time etc. When I touch the tops metal support from inside it's HOT! What I'm saying is Parch top would help a bit but not much. Otherwise the A/C is pretty impressive. Not like toyota but, hey not bad.
Old 7/23/06, 11:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Well, I would have ordered that color too but, I thought black was the only one available. However, at 108 the whole car is hot, even the floorboards/engine cooling fans on all the time etc. When I touch the tops metal support from inside it's HOT! What I'm saying is Parch top would help a bit but not much. Otherwise the A/C is pretty impressive. Not like toyota but, hey not bad.
At 108 I agree. I wonder if that is why they use driving gloves? lol
Old 8/9/06, 07:23 AM

Is it possible to tint the back window on a convertible? If so, I am going to have mine done ASAP. Florida sun is a summanagun in the summertime.
Old 8/9/06, 07:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Good question. I would think they could tint the window and I assume they would advise you to not use the defroster (like you need it).
Old 8/9/06, 10:45 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm in Canada and there is no problem with using defrosters with window tint. I see that some companies install the film as strips between each defroster wire.
Old 8/18/06, 02:03 PM
Cobra Member

LOL...I know how you feel - people do the stupidest things...I mean an ordered car....jeesh no one should be touching it except for the detail guys!! When I 1st was looking for my '05 GT - this was in the early days and no dealers had inventory - so one dealer was letting people TEST DRIVE an ordered GT that the customer had not yet gotten in to pick up.....I remember telling my g-friend that I would refuse the car it that was my "special" order again, not using common sense....