2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

I did it !!

Search this Thread

Old 8/17/06, 11:28 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did it !!

07 Vista Blue Conv. CS with everything exept the Shaker 1K, which for me is not needed.
The selections were charcoal panal, black cloth roof and the dove seats. I was back and forth on whether to take the GT App pkg. (hood scoop, engine cover) but I went for it in the end.

The pictures you guys supplied were KEY in making various choices and one of you said "the sun would relect off the satin panal in a Conv." which I think is true. The dealer said the panel is ribbed where it is smooth in the US version, is that true?

The final price was $38,600 CDN plus taxes ect. I could likely have saved another 100 bucks by driving around and haggling, but Coastal in Burnaby B.C. is quite close to where I live and where I would go for service anyways.

Now it's the 8-12 week wait, then its into the garage with a cover on it for another couple months as I will only drive it for the good 1/2 of the year. Vancouver gets hardly any snow, but lots of rain and I don't want some jerk sliding into me. Or should I say my baby CS who I will likely pamper more than I do my wife. haha

Thanks again to you all, Brian
Old 8/17/06, 12:42 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BCTechieboy
07 Vista Blue Conv. CS with everything exept the Shaker 1K, which for me is not needed.
The selections were charcoal panal, black cloth roof and the dove seats. I was back and forth on whether to take the GT App pkg. (hood scoop, engine cover) but I went for it in the end.

The pictures you guys supplied were KEY in making various choices and one of you said "the sun would relect off the satin panal in a Conv." which I think is true. The dealer said the panel is ribbed where it is smooth in the US version, is that true?

The final price was $38,600 CDN plus taxes ect. I could likely have saved another 100 bucks by driving around and haggling, but Coastal in Burnaby B.C. is quite close to where I live and where I would go for service anyways.

Now it's the 8-12 week wait, then its into the garage with a cover on it for another couple months as I will only drive it for the good 1/2 of the year. Vancouver gets hardly any snow, but lots of rain and I don't want some jerk sliding into me. Or should I say my baby CS who I will likely pamper more than I do my wife. haha

Thanks again to you all, Brian
Congrats, BCTech - now the hard part, waiting. It worked out well for me tho, as I had ordered an '07 GT Vert on June 21 and it was slow coming (no set build date as of Aug 4 even). It so happened the other Ford dealer in town got in a Black GT/CS Vert that was not spoken for. Needless to say, I immediately swithched and got the CS.

You probably wouldn't have saved much of anything on shopping around other than Coastal, as the Family Pricing is the same for all and pretty set as the sell point. Your price is only $400 Cdn more than mine, and I don't have the cloth roof. Assume your's is a 5 speed tranny, as mine is. The Dove/Black seats look great with the Black car.

Happy waiting.
Old 8/18/06, 06:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cool i'm sure ur gonna love it

the same day me and my wife decided to get a gt,there it was a gt/cs
it was there no more than 1 hour before we took it.the next day we went in to get the detail and there was a flock of people who came all over north carolina to buy this car.i told them i had no intention of buying it,it just looked good.They just looked at me like they wanted to grab the keys and take off. I never would have known people wanted this car so bad.good thing i got it
Old 8/18/06, 06:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[quote=BCTechieboy]

Satin panel is ribbed, but as for reflecting the sun it does not, the dash above it does a good job of shading it, I have the satin, and have put only about 150 miles on mine of which maybe 10 are with the top up. have driven it with the sun in different directions, did not notice the glare others have spoke of or assumed.