Notices
2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Difference between a GT/CS and GT Mustang

Old 11/21/06, 03:33 PM
  #41  
Dethroned Nascar Guru
 
AFBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 30, 2004
Posts: 10,056
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since GT/CS owners are already starting with 1.5" lower front fascia, I would think additional lowering via springs would substantially increase incidents of scraping (e.g. scraping a speed bump, curb, or parking barrier)

The fascia on the Shelby GT and GT-H are 3 inches lower than the standard GT(1.5" suspension drop on top of lower fascia).

Any GT/CS owners with lower cars or GT-H renters have any experience on this?
AFBLUE is offline  
Old 11/21/06, 06:48 PM
  #42  
Bullitt Member
 
semperfi65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 21, 2006
Posts: 274
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having rented a GT-H this past summer was a real eye opener. It was very easy to hit speed bumps on roadways along within parking lots. Please recognize that the GT-H are modified 2006 GTs with 17" wheel package. It's almost too low to the ground.

That being said, what an incredible ride! I'm still thinking about lowering my GT/CS.
semperfi65 is offline  
Old 11/21/06, 07:15 PM
  #43  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
blkstang06's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 9, 2006
Location: It's tough in the jungle !
Posts: 2,751
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by semperfi65 View Post
Having rented a GT-H this past summer was a real eye opener. It was very easy to hit speed bumps on roadways along within parking lots. Please recognize that the GT-H are modified 2006 GTs with 17" wheel package. It's almost too low to the ground.

That being said, what an incredible ride! I'm still thinking about lowering my GT/CS.
I'm sure you realize that the 17" rim doesn't put the GT any closer to the Ground! you could go with a Roush or Steeda suspension there drops are between 3/4" and 1" that 1/2' makes a big difference or use the GT500 set up same ride hight as the GT but stiffer springs and different damping rates!!
blkstang06 is offline  
Old 11/21/06, 09:05 PM
  #44  
Bullitt Member
 
semperfi65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 21, 2006
Posts: 274
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comparing the 07 GT/CS with the 06 GT-H: The GT/CS is on 1.5" lower in the location of the front fascia, the GT-H is lower due to the FRPP suspension package. This also means that the front fascia on the GT-H is even closer to the ground than the GT/CS. The 07 has 18" wheels, the GT-H has the 17" wheels. It's the suspension package that makes the real difference here.The mention of wheel size is to note product content, not ride height.

Back in April, there where a number of media reports floating around that the GT/CS was 1.5" lower to the ground than the GT(leading at least some of us to believe that the FRPP suspension package was included with the GT/CS). Later, we discover the difference was the front fascia, the same as on the GT/H. Hope this clarifies any confusion. I'll leave the discussion of suspension mods to others, thank you.

As to the GT-H, it's still a great car. If, or when, Shelby ever comes out with a Shelby GT vert, I 'd seriously consider making the move to one.
semperfi65 is offline  
Old 11/22/06, 09:11 AM
  #45  
Team Mustang Source
 
GottaHaveIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 5, 2005
Posts: 11,364
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
But of course they could'nt give us all the options , other wise how would the dealerships make any more money from us ? and a lot of people that are buying Mustangs really don't have any use for a beefed up handling package.
GottaHaveIt is offline  
Old 11/22/06, 09:15 AM
  #46  
Cobra Member
Thread Starter
 
HOTLAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 18, 2004
Posts: 1,415
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AFBLUE View Post
Since GT/CS owners are already starting with 1.5" lower front fascia, I would think additional lowering via springs would substantially increase incidents of scraping (e.g. scraping a speed bump, curb, or parking barrier)

The fascia on the Shelby GT and GT-H are 3 inches lower than the standard GT(1.5" suspension drop on top of lower fascia).

Any GT/CS owners with lower cars or GT-H renters have any experience on this?

Yes - it does scrape more as it is lower to the ground due to both the lowered performance suspension and the lower GT/CS front fascia.....I rented one and it scraped a very low curb in the parking lot - I was being careful and didn't think it was going to hit - but it sure did......owners are going to have to watch out for that.
HOTLAP is offline  
Old 11/22/06, 01:03 PM
  #47  
V6 Member
 
Comox's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 25, 2006
Posts: 77
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it is only a matter of time before I do damage to to the front fascia so I have ordered a backup camera (out of stock) from Canadian Tire. It is a very small camera that mounts on the licence plate but I hope to mount it elsewhere on the front so it is not seen. It is wireless with a 4 inch viewing screen that I should be able to clip to the sun visor out of sight. I hope that the camera will show when I am getting close to the curb and thus prevent any accidents. If anyone has any other ideas I would appreciate hearing them.
Comox is offline  
Old 11/22/06, 01:29 PM
  #48  
GT Member
 
tuco's Avatar
 
Join Date: August 8, 2006
Posts: 167
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Comox View Post
I think it is only a matter of time before I do damage to to the front fascia so I have ordered a backup camera (out of stock) from Canadian Tire. It is a very small camera that mounts on the licence plate but I hope to mount it elsewhere on the front so it is not seen. It is wireless with a 4 inch viewing screen that I should be able to clip to the sun visor out of sight. I hope that the camera will show when I am getting close to the curb and thus prevent any accidents. If anyone has any other ideas I would appreciate hearing them.

I dunno, Comox, seems with weather issues (rain, etc) and mounting, it's probably overkill, just have to be extremely careful pulling into parking spaces for curbs and concrete parking stoppers. Being in a smaller city, surely you can avoid these situations as I do up here. How much is the camera?
tuco is offline  
Old 11/22/06, 02:22 PM
  #49  
Team Mustang Source
 
GottaHaveIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 5, 2005
Posts: 11,364
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey I've seen them like about $ 160.00 Canadian I think ? but I'm sure it would get destroyed or like Mycolor if you play while driving REAR END someone or God forbid Worse. Just be alert I guess . When I'm not around I have a web cam inside for monitoring also records on motions got some good stuff ( lookers) already but more for security.
GottaHaveIt is offline  
Old 11/24/06, 09:45 AM
  #50  
Cobra Member
Thread Starter
 
HOTLAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 18, 2004
Posts: 1,415
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tuco View Post
I dunno, Comox, seems with weather issues (rain, etc) and mounting, it's probably overkill, just have to be extremely careful pulling into parking spaces for curbs and concrete parking stoppers. Being in a smaller city, surely you can avoid these situations as I do up here. How much is the camera?

tuco - CostCo has the VR3 Wireless Back-up camera System with a 2.5" color LCD screen for around $79.00US (IIRC). Complete with everything you need for install. Camera attaches to the rear license plate frame. I picked it up for my '05 F-150 as that thing has a HUGH blind area (pretty much the entire rear ).
HOTLAP is offline  
Old 11/24/06, 12:25 PM
  #51  
V6 Member
 
Comox's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 25, 2006
Posts: 77
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tuco View Post
I dunno, Comox, seems with weather issues (rain, etc) and mounting, it's probably overkill, just have to be extremely careful pulling into parking spaces for curbs and concrete parking stoppers. Being in a smaller city, surely you can avoid these situations as I do up here. How much is the camera?
It is on sale for 149.00 but I don't know the regular price. You might be right about overkill but so far, while trying to be very carefull i've hit a parking stopper twice. Luckily the car slid over the stopper but how much weight would it take before cracking or if I had another person in the car at that time I would have actually been low enough to drive right into the stopper.
I feel better not worrying when the big bad will happen.
Comox is offline  
Old 11/24/06, 12:45 PM
  #52  
GT Member
 
tuco's Avatar
 
Join Date: August 8, 2006
Posts: 167
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it's not so much money that if it doesn't work out, you haven't lost much. Rain & weather will be an issue. No doubt that the front facsia does hang down there and would be easy to damage.

Give it a try.
tuco is offline  
Old 11/24/06, 09:36 PM
  #53  
Team Mustang Source
 
GottaHaveIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 5, 2005
Posts: 11,364
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
No Big Badda Boom ok ! or I'll have to send Korbin Dallas after you ! kidding I lived with that fear for a while , but its an object it can be fixed or replaced. Anyting is better than being six feet under. Iguess that's why I dive to like 220 ft in the ocean
GottaHaveIt is offline  
Old 11/26/06, 02:08 PM
  #54  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
Ray Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 7, 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 2,694
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink lol...

Try backing in to parking spaces.
Ray Man is offline  
Old 11/26/06, 07:20 PM
  #55  
Team Mustang Source
 
GottaHaveIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 5, 2005
Posts: 11,364
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Now theres where it could be used I always get 1-2 feet away from what ever , better than smacking into what ever is there huh ! I hate backing in but makes for a better leave.
Then again with all the snow were getting now my pony will hybernate !
GottaHaveIt is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Ecostang
'10-14 V6 Modifications
1659
12/15/18 11:59 AM
ustabawannab
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech
5
8/5/15 08:32 PM
pretender
Introductions
9
7/20/15 09:54 AM
pretender
2011 - 2014 GT/CS
8
7/17/15 03:29 PM
kjdavis
2010-2014 Mustang
21
7/11/15 09:04 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Difference between a GT/CS and GT Mustang


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.