2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Difference between a GT/CS and GT Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/06, 11:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Difference between a GT/CS and GT Mustang

I've been considering trading my '05 Preimum GT 5spd mtx for an '07 GT/CS (as I have fond memories of the original CS's)....I've read most of the posts and can't seem to find a comparision of the EXACT differences between the two. Here is what I have learned so far - can anyone check and make certain I'm not missing anything?

1. Two-tone leather interior - only available in Parchment/black or Dove Grey/Black
2. Tape Stripe, bumper fascias and rear center badge "California Special"
3. non functional side scoops
4. 18" wheels - or are they availble on the newer GT's as well?

Anything else I'm missing?

Thx
Old 8/10/06, 12:17 AM
Cobra R Member

a few other differences...

-Bright rolled exhaust tips
-Cal special badged floormats

note: seats are heated...rear view mirror has integrated compass/temp/homelink...
Old 8/10/06, 12:20 AM
Cobra Member

Wink

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack

note: seats are heated...rear view mirror has integrated compass/temp/homelink...
Tom - thanks for the info!! Are the heated seats/power passenger seat and memory mirrors included as part of the comfort group? Is Ford referring to "memory mirrors" as the memory for the seat and mirror position like my Lincoln LS had (GREAT option if anyone else drives your car).
Old 8/10/06, 04:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
I've been considering trading my '05 Preimum GT 5spd mtx for an '07 GT/CS (as I have fond memories of the original CS's)....I've read most of the posts and can't seem to find a comparision of the EXACT differences between the two. Here is what I have learned so far - can anyone check and make certain I'm not missing anything?

1. Two-tone leather interior - only available in Parchment/black or Dove Grey/Black

Thx
The 18" wheels are available as a stand alone option on the GT's.
-Chip in SC
Old 8/10/06, 04:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Rearview mirror only has intergrated compass. No factory temp or homelink unless you get it installed at the dealer.
-Chip in SC
Old 8/10/06, 06:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

You get an X pipe also.
Old 8/10/06, 07:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FRITZ
You get an X pipe also.
X-pipe only comes on GT500. GT & GT/CS have H-pipes.
-Chip in SC
Old 8/10/06, 08:13 AM
Bullitt Member

I believe I've read that the GT/CS is one and one-half inch lower than the GT. I'm deciding between the GT/CS and the GT myself.
Old 8/10/06, 08:19 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mustang_Ed
I believe I've read that the GT/CS is one and one-half inch lower than the GT. I'm deciding between the GT/CS and the GT myself.
Ed - I thought I'd read that the only diff in height was the front fascia is a bit closer to the ground - but otherwise there are no suspension differences between a GT and GT/CS?
Old 8/10/06, 08:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would like to see a picture of the special floor mats?
Old 8/10/06, 09:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Ed - I thought I'd read that the only diff in height was the front fascia is a bit closer to the ground - but otherwise there are no suspension differences between a GT and GT/CS?
That is the same thing I've read. The front fascia is ~1-1/2" lower on the GT/CS than the GT. No change in suspension or ride height.
-Chip in SC
Old 8/10/06, 09:51 AM
GT Member

That is correct as I understand it also. The front fascia is lower (watch out on front-in parking at curbs!!) but the suspension and ride height is the same.

Will be picking up my '07 GT/CS Vert. on this coming Saturday.
Old 8/10/06, 11:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tuco
That is correct as I understand it also. The front fascia is lower (watch out on front-in parking at curbs!!) but the suspension and ride height is the same.

tuco,
Congrats! What color are you getting?
-Chip in SC
Old 8/10/06, 12:52 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
here's the floor mats that came on my GT/CS

dly

Attachment 6911
Attached Thumbnails Difference between a GT/CS and GT Mustang-black-mustang3-008.jpg  
Old 8/10/06, 12:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ipchay61
tuco,
Congrats! What color are you getting?
-Chip in SC
Black, with Vista Blue being my other choice. It's a bit of a long story, but I have been waiting for an '07 GT Vert in VB since order of June 21 and got frustrated waiting. Other dealer in town, by a freak circumstance, ended up with the Black GT/CS hot off the truck about 4 days ago. I saw it and jumped all over it. It sounded like the VB GT, since it didn't yet have a build date set, was going to be 6 to 8 weeks yet and summer will be over.

Overall, I pleased to be getting a GT/CS over the regular GT. First pix I saw of the CS, I didn't care for it that much; but since have seen many more pix and one in the flesh, and I like the CS look.

It is a 5 speed manny tranny, with black top and black/dove interior. Other options include GT Appearance, Comfort pkg, side airbags, wheel locks, extra security, heated leather seats (guess part of CS pkg) and IUP. The only thing missing on the Black one that I would have got, is a cloth top.

I live in western Canada, and the CS is hard to get yet.
Old 8/10/06, 09:40 PM
Cobra Member

Thx
You've pretty much got it. The 18" wheels that come with the CS are the 64W wheels (polished Bullitts, optional on GTs). The floor mats unfortunately are not unique to the CS, they are the same mats as come with the V6 Pony Package.

The electrochromic mirror is actually not part of the CS package, it's in the Comfort Group along with the heated seats and power passenger seat. For some reason it appears the CS package cannot be ordered without the Comfort Group.

The rolled exhaust tips that were mentioned are also not part of the CS package, they come with the GT Appearance Group which is optional on the CS and other GTs. This includes the tips, a hood scoop and engine plenum cover.
Old 8/10/06, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tres Wright

The rolled exhaust tips that were mentioned are also not part of the CS package, they come with the GT Appearance Group which is optional on the CS and other GTs. This includes the tips, a hood scoop and engine plenum cover.
That's actually not entirely accurate. You do get the rolled exhaust tips with the CS package. You also get them if you order the GT appearance package. Basically, if you get the CS and GT appearance packages, you are getting slightly hosed because you are paying for the same exhaust tips twice.
Old 8/10/06, 10:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mikelen9
That's actually not entirely accurate. You do get the rolled exhaust tips with the CS package. You also get them if you order the GT appearance package. Basically, if you get the CS and GT appearance packages, you are getting slightly hosed because you are paying for the same exhaust tips twice.
I stand corrected! I've got the GTAP on my 07 and can't decide what I think about the rolled exhaust tips. They're the same diameter as the stock tips, but the slash angle isn't as steep and for some reason that makes the tips look smaller. I'm probably going to put some Borlas on before too long anyway.
Old 8/11/06, 01:22 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by tuco

Congrats on the CS find...if your looking for it's first road trip,the greater vancouver mustang association is having there annual round up sunday 20th...will be a ton of mustangs from all generations there...really cool show...heck maybe even enter your CS..might be only one?

ps: hope you got ford family price on it...ive seen 4 in lower mainland with family pricing
Old 8/11/06, 07:14 AM
GT Member

Congrats on the CS find...if your looking for it's first road trip,the greater vancouver mustang association is having there annual round up sunday 20th...will be a ton of mustangs from all generations there...really cool show...heck maybe even enter your CS..might be only one?

ps: hope you got ford family price on it...ive seen 4 in lower mainland with family pricing
Thanks for the invite, but can't make it that weekend. Love to tho.

Yes, I did get the Family Pricing deal and the discount from MRSP was $5,237. Made it a sweet deal with no hassling.

Enjoy the show on the 20th.

Quick Reply: Difference between a GT/CS and GT Mustang