Shelby GT500 Super Snake Package

Search this Thread

Old 5/8/07, 07:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
July/August? But I want it now haha no seriously.... I can see it now, as soon as I get my GT just the way I want it, a GT500 will pop up... and I'll buy it haha!
Old 5/8/07, 09:37 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by crispy23c
Well, as far as that's concerned, I got screwed by my local dealer who promised me MSRP for over a year. I would have kept the car. The dealer got greedy 2 weeks before the order banks opened and called looking for +$25,000. So, in my case, I WAS loyal, and the dealer screwe me over anyway. So much for loyalty.
BTW, I don't think it's every dealer, just my dealer in particular that I don't like.
Otherwise, I would be driving an '07. So, I understand what you are saying, but I don't entirely agree with your assessment...
the fabric of america has fallen, i understand that. you can no longer trust someone at his word or handshake. my point being some people still believe relationship building is the key to business!
why do the large dealers sell the most cars when every single large dealership i have delt could care less about thier consumer? does it mean anything to have an owner stand by thier handshake and complete the car sale without the middle man salesman?

my point being two fold. their are still dealership and owners that will stand by thier word. they still believe the best business is repeat business and referrals. and why would anyone shop at those dealers who believe the customers are a dime a dozen and dont give a rats a$$ who you are!
Old 5/8/07, 11:07 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by on d bit
... and why would anyone shop at those dealers who believe the customers are a dime a dozen and dont give a rats a$$ who you are!
easy, because those dealers know that sometimes, the customer doesn't have much of a choice if they insist on getting a particular car.
Old 5/9/07, 03:01 AM
Bullitt Member

the fabric of america has fallen, i understand that. you can no longer trust someone at his word or handshake. my point being some people still believe relationship building is the key to business!
why do the large dealers sell the most cars when every single large dealership i have delt could care less about thier consumer? does it mean anything to have an owner stand by thier handshake and complete the car sale without the middle man salesman?

my point being two fold. their are still dealership and owners that will stand by thier word. they still believe the best business is repeat business and referrals. and why would anyone shop at those dealers who believe the customers are a dime a dozen and dont give a rats a$$ who you are!
Ahhh. I see. Sorry for misunderstanding! I totally agree with you
I have been in high-tech sales for over 20 years. My customers call me and ask me if they can take me out to dinner when I'm in their area. They value me as helping/growing/saving their business.
We have a relationship, and I always hold to my promises, and they trust me and want to buy from me. There are times when they call me and ask if I can sell them something that I cannot- from another division within my company- and insist that they will write a letter- to the President of my company- demanding that I sell them that particular product. I have had this happen a number of times. How lucky is THAT???
It's things like that- they tell me that I should be proud of my business relationships with partners (customers). This also tells me that loyalty & honor are not dead yet, they just need to be woken up.
I know I am lucky that I sell into a field that is not on the direct consumer level, because then you have all kinds of folks who do not conduct themselves professionally. They fly any flag on any given day.
Add to that the fact that many Salesfolk in the Auto industry are underpaid. Someties you get less professional folks there because of this. Some dealer-owners have alot to learn about professional conduct and ethics as well. The dealership that I spoke of--the original owner (father) passed on and his 3 kids (now in their late 40s) run the show. I believe that the Father NEVER would have went against his word. His kids (they are older than me) need to learn a few things.
So, unfortunately, it's a tough row to hoe. There are lessons waiting for them...
Sorry to ramble...
Old 5/9/07, 10:55 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by hi5.0
easy, because those dealers know that sometimes, the customer doesn't have much of a choice if they insist on getting a particular car.

yea i understand this. this is why i have never been an svt fan. the biggest dealer where i grew up was the only svt dealer in town. i refused to do any business with them. my family and i would always go up to the small town dealership and deal with the owner or a trusted salesman that we had built a sturdy relationship with.
so it means purchasing a mach 1, or bullitt, or sho... i like these cars a lot better than the svt line anyway.
Old 5/9/07, 10:58 AM
GT Member

Ahhh. I see. Sorry for misunderstanding! I totally agree with you
I have been in high-tech sales for over 20 years. My customers call me and ask me if they can take me out to dinner when I'm in their area. They value me as helping/growing/saving their business.
We have a relationship, and I always hold to my promises, and they trust me and want to buy from me.
why dont more dealers understand this? why do people keep buying from those who only treat you as a number?
Old 5/9/07, 05:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Crispy what kind of product does your company sell? Is it a company that makes items for military use by chance? Just curious. Im in Maine and the way youu worded your statement made me think of a particular company in NH.
Old 5/10/07, 06:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Webba
Crispy what kind of product does your company sell? Is it a company that makes items for military use by chance? Just curious. Im in Maine and the way youu worded your statement made me think of a particular company in NH.
FUNNY!!! I used to sell (field sales for 12 years) to Mil-subcontractors, but not any more. It still must show...Are you thinking of BAE?
I used to sell ALOT to them. Lockheed, Raytheon, Sikorski, Northrup, GE, etc... and a slew of subcontractors, Universities, etc....have you worked for or working now for one?
Funny how you caught that...
Old 5/12/07, 08:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

No I was thinking of Insight Technology, Inc. in Londonderry NH actually. We do work for a company very similar to them in NH called Wilcox Ind. I own a plastics company that does distribution and machining of plastics. I figured it was in something along those lines. You are lucky you are still in one of the fields where loyality is king and they appreciate what you do.
Old 5/12/07, 08:54 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
FUNNY!!! I used to sell (field sales for 12 years) to Mil-subcontractors, but not any more. It still must show...Are you thinking of BAE?
I used to sell ALOT to them. Lockheed, Raytheon, Sikorski, Northrup, GE, etc... and a slew of subcontractors, Universities, etc....have you worked for or working now for one?
Funny how you caught that...
Hey Chris, I am currently at BAE.
Can I ask what dealer went back on their word on your GT500 deal?
Old 5/12/07, 01:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the fabric of america has fallen, i understand that. you can no longer trust someone at his word or handshake.
I blame rap music.
Old 5/12/07, 04:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Bottom line is Carroll Shelby is an icon. Most people feel that way. As other names have been mentioned his reputation has been built over 80 years. I have had the honor of meeting him and he is a gentleman. Ford felt that his name would add value to the car and it has. This demand would not be what it is today if it were not for his name. I know I would not of bought a GT 500 absent of his name. I feel I own a piece of history and that is why I spent over 43K. I think many agree with me. Proof is in the pudding. Look how many people are willing to donate to his charity just to have his signature. How many people do you know that can get $100 plus a signature all day long? I have had the honor of meeting many well known people, I have met and talked to more than 3 presidents, countless political figures, many household name athletes and the day I first shook the hand of Carroll Shelby at SEMA 2006 was a day I will never forget. I had to keep from getting choked up. He is a true gentleman and I am proud to of met him and spoken with him and now proud to drive a car Vin# 1ZVHT88S475347419 bearing his name.
Old 5/12/07, 09:46 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by upstate
Bottom line is Carroll Shelby is an icon. Most people feel that way. As other names have been mentioned his reputation has been built over 80 years. I have had the honor of meeting him and he is a gentleman. Ford felt that his name would add value to the car and it has. This demand would not be what it is today if it were not for his name. I know I would not of bought a GT 500 absent of his name. I feel I own a piece of history and that is why I spent over 43K. I think many agree with me. Proof is in the pudding. Look how many people are willing to donate to his charity just to have his signature. How many people do you know that can get $100 plus a signature all day long? I have had the honor of meeting many well known people, I have met and talked to more than 3 presidents, countless political figures, many household name athletes and the day I first shook the hand of Carroll Shelby at SEMA 2006 was a day I will never forget. I had to keep from getting choked up. He is a true gentleman and I am proud to of met him and spoken with him and now proud to drive a car Vin# 1ZVHT88S475347419 bearing his name.
Upstate I'm glad you are happy with your car and love shelby that's all good..evryone is entitled to thier opinion.
However Saying Most People feel this way is a stretch and the real question you should be asking is what person other than Shelby charges $100 for his signature?
Not even the president does. as a mater of fact I can't think of any celeb that i've met who has charged me for it. And I've met quite a few.
I know you are gonna say childrens charity blah blah but that only goes so far with me at least.

Anyway glad you like the car. I've driven Goerges and I have to say I like it to..but it would be an outstanding car even without Shelbys name on it IMO.
Old 5/13/07, 06:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am a big fan of Shelby. However, the car is not a piece of history just because his name is on it. His name on this car is a marketing plan only. He had very little to do with the design, manufacture or even sales of the car. This car is more of a Shelby tribute like the MAch 1, Bullitt, CS, etc.

If you wanted a piece of history you should have bought an original. IF you want modern Shelby, the Shelby GT is much more a "Shelby" than the GT500.
Old 5/13/07, 06:32 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
... How many people do you know that can get $100 plus a signature all day long?

With similar traits and icon status? How about Pete Rose?

Old 5/14/07, 10:37 AM
eci
Banned

I know I would not of bought a GT 500 absent of his name.

Wow, glad you like the car.

BTW, it's just a Mustang.
Old 5/15/07, 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
I think the point here is >> where is the 400 HP Mustang to fill the gap between the GT and GT500, one that average middle class people can actually afford? There's too much emphasis right now on Shelbys, Super Shelbys, Extra Super Shelbys, Extra Super Duper Shelbys, etc, etc.
Agreed. Where is the 400 hp Stang that is priced like a 350Z?
Old 5/15/07, 10:14 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by clockworks
Agreed. Where is the 400 hp Stang that is priced like a 350Z?
In Neverland.
Old 5/16/07, 05:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Many athletes charge for autographs as well as other "stars". At least Shelby donates the money to charity. I had this discussion on the Shelby boards the other day and its the same thing people p*ss and mona about Bill Gates. he has donated BILLIONS and some people just say "big deal he is filthy rich" but yet those same people dont donate anything and complain about others that do. He may still have billions left but I dare any one of us to donate 1/5 of your net worth to charity. Not likely happen, myself included. So love him or hate him he deserves alot of respect for at least his charitable work.
Old 5/16/07, 07:05 AM

+1

I saw a show on Mr. Shelby the other day and he said that while he was waiting for a heart transplant, he saw 2 children up there with him die waiting for a heart also.

He said that's when he made a commitment to God that if he were to get a new heart, he would do what he can for the children awaiting transplants in the future.

You have to admire that.

Quick Reply: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Package