Shelby GT500 Super Snake Package

Search this Thread

Old 4/30/07, 12:23 PM
eci
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Knight
ford did not sell all the 2003 cobras in 2003. The local dealer near me had 10+ that they had to put rebates on to move.

weather or not they would have sold with shelbys name on it i don't know.

oh and one more thing...if you think shelbys name was just for gt500 sales then you are wrong. its to bring people into the showrrom and sell them on a base gt or fusion or any other ford.
Oh, so since there were rebates the cars weren't moved? lol

BTW what is a "base GT"? The V6 is the base model. Is a GT500 a "base GT500"?
Old 4/30/07, 12:39 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by eci
Oh, so since there were rebates the cars weren't moved? lol
I was saying that the 04's were already out so they lost their asses on the remaining cobras so i wouldn't really consider thet 13000 a great selling.

Originally Posted by eci
BTW what is a "base GT"? The V6 is the base model. Is a GT500 a "base GT500"?
base meaning...just a gt rather then a gt500. you aren't that stupid...your just trying to make trouble now.

but it you are being technical a base GT would be a deluxe rather then premium.
Old 4/30/07, 12:44 PM
eci
Banned

18,000 Cobra's sold 03-04 with no Shelby marketing. Your point is what again?
Old 4/30/07, 12:45 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by eci
18,000 Cobra's sold 03-04 with no Shelby marketing. Your point is what again?
my point was that shelbys name was not on the car to only get people to buy GT500's...but to bring them in to see the rest of the Ford lineup.
Old 4/30/07, 02:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2006GT500
Look eci isn't trying to belittle Carroll Shelby, the man, but he and I came to the agreement last night, if you read through this thread, that yes had made great accomplishments and yes his name carries weight in the Ford community and the automotive industry, but SAI and dealerships are ruining his name.

On a different note how ridiculous do you guys think prices would have been for a Ford GT had it been a Shelby GT, not the Mustang the supercar? Or if Ford decides to go through with any of the other cars that Shelby has been 'involved' with how do you think the prices are going to be on those. Ford currently has the rights to the Shelby GR-1 and a Shelby Cobra roadster, I believe. These are both concepts but have made appearances at a few car shows. Just how insane or markups going to be on a supercar that carries his name.
I doubt the GT would have been any more money for having the Shelby badge on it somewhere. The GT had all the mystique it needed on it's own.

That said I would like to see Shelby's outfit make more sweeping changes to the cars they touch. For example the upcoming Super Snake would be the perfect excuse to drop in Sean Hylands short block and top the mill with a twin screw seriously improving the GT500 in myriad ways. A set of tasteful, Audi like fender flares would be welcome to since they would make way for the seriously wider rubber this car needs in even base trim.

Yeah, it would cost quite a bit, but if people can swallow the previously huge, and still hefty, ADM's for a standard GT500 I imagine they would line up for a car that offered the above even with a hefty price increase. As for the SVT verses Shelby debate, it just doesn't bother me. SVT has done some nice stuff, but they have also done most of the things people fuss about Shelby doing (contracting out development, etc) so I don't see the difference. And while SVT has pushed some nice street cars out the end of a factory or two that is more or less what they have managed.

Far more storied names, like Shelby and Boss, have been laid dormant before desdpite achievements like FIA and Trans Am Championships to their credit. I can appreciate why some would disagree but the SVT era was just okay for me until the 03 Cobra and last gen Lightnings came along. And if the newest version of Ford's skunkworks Mustang is going to look like a GT500, which is no bad things to say the least, it may as well be called one.
Old 4/30/07, 05:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Super Snake

Originally Posted by Motor Trend, Arthur St. Antoine
Perhaps you can't wait for the spring 2008 release of the Shelby GT500KR. Or perhaps a 540-horse supercharged Mustang is "merely adequate." What you need, then, is a Super Snake.

An ultravenomous version of the GT500, the Super Snake is a pure Shelby special-a limited-edition, hyperpowered Mustang built with mostly Shelby parts in the company's Vegas assembly facility. Deliver your GT500 to Shelby, fork over the requisite cash (pricing had not been set at press time, but expect to pay around $10K for the upgrade), and in a few weeks you'll have a Super Snake of your very own.

The bodywork closely mirrors the KR's-including a KR hood, hood pins, Shelby stripes, brake ducts, and the 20-inch forged Alcoa rims seen on the KR showcar. Inside, the Super Snake sports new gauges (boost/oil and fuel pressure), custom Shelby sill plates, a Ford Racing short-throw shifter, and a numbered dash plaque.

The best stuff lies under the hood. Utilizing the KR's cold-air intake and a new, larger-capacity Ford Racing supercharger, the Super Snake will romp with over 600 horsepower and 590 lb-ft of torque, standard. Not enough? With optional tuning, Shelby will provide up to 725 ponies providing you're prepared to give up your warranty. This special Shelby will also get the Ford Racing Handling Pack, including stiffer, adjustable dampers, lowering springs, a front strut tower brace, and beefier stabilizer bars. The lower 3.73 rear axle of the GT500KR should provide for some blistering acceleration figures and the Baer six-piston brakes with super-sized rotors are employed to bring the Super Snake back to a standstill.

Shelby says the Super Snake will be in even shorter supply than the GT500KR. Production will start late this year, with most required parts also available separately from both Ford Racing and Shelby Automobiles by June. Earsplitting burnouts soon to follow.

Old 4/30/07, 05:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just when you think things were going good , they get much much better
Old 4/30/07, 08:04 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 06 Screamer
Just when you think things were going good , they get much much better
I love the way Ford keeps bringing these names back....its so cool. I was born in 1970, pretty much the pinnacle of the muscle car era, so most of the info I know about older stangs came from books and research. I enjoy the history of this great car very much. To see it all coming back around is pretty exciting as far as I am concerned. Yeah....its marketing hype, but cool to see nonetheless.

That SuperSnake is going to be one badass stang....just like the original:

That is one rare pony....supposedly 1 of 1, but I have read literature where it is rumored that there were 10 more.

BTW...Unique performance is putting out some SuperSnakes of there own:

Old 4/30/07, 10:32 PM

I'm pretty sure there is just one original Super Snake as I have never heard any different and I know of a collector who had the opportunity to buy that car a while back and he said the same thing that it was a 1 of 1.
Old 4/30/07, 10:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, only 1 original Super Snake. 525hp 427 and 170mph.
Old 5/3/07, 06:38 PM
Cobra Member

I'm glad to see another Shelby coming out as it cant' help but stir up more interest in the Mustang name and the legend! It's about time that Ford got smart about the Mustang brand and did something exciting with it!! I'm middle aged (40's) and do remember how exciting it was to see and hear about all the cool Mustangs, Boss 302, Mach's, GT's, KR's....glad to see them back on the streets again!! And as far as pricing goes, it's like any other commodity - Ford will get what the market will bear - that's what our market economy is based on...we may not like it - but it's a fact of life. As far as being mad at Ford, last time I looked it was the dealers who were tacking on the ADM's - not Ford! And, like it or not the Shelby name is an automotive legend and he has as much right as anyone else to make a profit....as I stated above, I'm glad to see all the buzz and excitement around the Mustang/Cobra/Shelby name brands and think it can only help keep the Mustang alive and kicking and provide more performance options for all of us Mustang fans
Old 5/4/07, 12:06 PM
Bullitt Member

SVT badged Cobra's gave you real value. Shelby has destroyed that
I agree with that statement. I waited about 4 years for that car to come out, only to have the dealers screw me. The worst part is Ford isn't the one profiting by the Shelby name. The dealers and Shelby are. Ford would have sold all the SVT Cobras they made with out the Shelby name. Most of the people who buy these aren't loyal Ford customers. I am. It makes me want to start buying from another company.

I love that the KR and SuperSnake are coming out, maybe that will stop the Dealer markups on the 2008 GT500.
Old 5/7/07, 10:48 AM
President of Shelby Autos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharp
I agree with that statement. I waited about 4 years for that car to come out, only to have the dealers screw me. The worst part is Ford isn't the one profiting by the Shelby name. The dealers and Shelby are. Ford would have sold all the SVT Cobras they made with out the Shelby name. Most of the people who buy these aren't loyal Ford customers. I am. It makes me want to start buying from another company.

I love that the KR and SuperSnake are coming out, maybe that will stop the Dealer markups on the 2008 GT500.

You know I have seen this statement more then once and it is not true. Shelby, as in Carroll gets a fixed ammount per car regardless of what it sells for.

amy
Old 5/7/07, 04:28 PM
GT Member

i know several people that have purchased the gt500 for msrp. and if our audiance is as loyal as they say they are, they too could have found a deal such as these! there was one dealer selling gt500s for 1000 over invoice with the power lease(04 mustang svt and 04 f150 svt customers were both eligible).

and if your complaining about the price lets look at things logically. between 01 and 03 the msrp went up a little more than 4k. the only significant difference was the engine(stronger internals, blower). when taking out inflation(2-3% a year) thats a 2k difference.
from 04 to 07 there is a 7k increase in msrp. again take out inflation and its a increase of 4k. what did ford give you with that 4k? 5.4 blown engine, 6060 tremec that will now be in every 08 vette. twin disc cluth. bigger brakes. and its all riding on a brand new mustang chasis. all for 4k more than the previous mustang svt!

regardless of the name on the back of the car ford would still need to sell the 07 mustang svt with an msrp of 41k.
Old 5/7/07, 07:05 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by on d bit
i know several people that have purchased the gt500 for msrp. and if our audiance is as loyal as they say they are, they too could have found a deal such as these! there was one dealer selling gt500s for 1000 over invoice with the power lease(04 mustang svt and 04 f150 svt customers were both eligible)...
You are full of sheet.
Old 5/7/07, 09:06 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
You are full of sheet.

so how did all those people purchase at msrp or below?

the problem with the consumer is that they are just as greedy as the dealers now days. when ever they can save a couple hundred bucks they go buy from the dealer down the street. why do you think warehouse shopping is so big these days. the consumer has no respect for the mom and pop shops that have were thriving since the 50's!
Old 5/7/07, 09:31 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Is that right? Who are the fortunate ones?

There would be a lot more of our members with GT500s if you would be half right, there would be a lot more loyal Ford customers dealing with their own local dealers, and the power leases were less than three hundred, many which were sold for handsome amounts, others bought with the power lease and place their cars for sale as soon as they were delivered.

Those are facts.
Old 5/8/07, 09:40 AM
Bullitt Member

MSRP is coming on the GT500. There are more than a couple of $5,000 over deals out there right now. Do you think ADM is going UP? Of course not, nobody does.
In my mind, SAI is offering the GT500 SS as an alternative to the KR, as a customer can purchase this DIRECT from SAI, so the only ADM you have to worry about is the dealer on the GT500 itself.
As I have said before, I think the ADMs will disappear by late July/August. Then you can buy a '500 and turn it up to 11 without the dealer reamings that all of us-- you, me, FoMoCo and SAI included- hate to see happening in the marketplace.
Not so bad, IMO. You just have to be patient...
Old 5/8/07, 10:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by on d bit
so how did all those people purchase at msrp or below?

the problem with the consumer is that they are just as greedy as the dealers now days. when ever they can save a couple hundred bucks they go buy from the dealer down the street. why do you think warehouse shopping is so big these days. the consumer has no respect for the mom and pop shops that have were thriving since the 50's!
Well, as far as that's concerned, I got screwed by my local dealer who promised me MSRP for over a year. I would have kept the car. The dealer got greedy 2 weeks before the order banks opened and called looking for +$25,000. So, in my case, I WAS loyal, and the dealer screwe me over anyway. So much for loyalty.
BTW, I don't think it's every dealer, just my dealer in particular that I don't like.
Otherwise, I would be driving an '07. So, I understand what you are saying, but I don't entirely agree with your assessment...
Old 5/8/07, 06:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Put me down for the F'd by the dealer on the 500. And on the Shelby GT. But I found one willing to work with me and picked he up this weekend. So no offense to whomever was playing the violin for the dealers but HUGE PILE OF BS. Yea the loyality isnt what it used to be but IMO from my observations it isnt from my actions that caused my dealer to do this it is from THEIR greed. But as I told the sales guy I was dealing with. I am loyal and will pay more to be loyal within reason. I want them to survive and gong with the low price isnt all its cracked up to be. But now that you are screwing me on this GT when I buy my next company vehicles I am going to ho this thing to every dealer within 500 miles and buy from the lowest now. I will still service my vehicles with him because all the other ones in my area suck but now he will reap what he soes. Rant done. Oh btw, tell those many people you know who got their GT500 at MSRP to join the site. It is a great place with great people. And tell those imaginery people to bring their imaginery freinds too!

Quick Reply: Shelby GT500 Super Snake Package