I'll pay 10K over sticker

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/06, 10:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BC_Shelby @ April 19, 2006, 7:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Why not paint some stripes on that two-legged Pony in your avatar and call it a day?

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

In all seriousness, ignore the detractors and do what you want. It is, after all, your money and you should spend it as you see fit. I think it is unfair for people to condemn you for paying over MSRP, when it is your hard earned money that you will be parting with, after all.

It just wouldn't be my choice.

Good hunting...I hope you find what you are looking for. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Well spoken! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/20/06, 04:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

I do got to tell you guys some info I was told by a sales guy last night at my dealer. I was waiting to pick up my car.....finally pics to follow soon....and another sales guy and I were talking. He knows me from past dealings. He told me that they had a sales meeting with Ford and they were told this thing was going to go for probably 20K over MSRP. So he says "me and Gary were looking at each other like wtf is the commision going to be on that raping". The person doing the meeting told them the sales people selling this would get a flat $1K commision, no more. Now I never got to find out if it was the dealership saying this or the Ford rep. It was implied it was Ford but I may have taken it wrong. Either way I was just blown away they would screw the sales guy over too. Guess I shouldnt be surprised. They should rename the Car "GREEDY GT-500"....its more appropriate. Regardless, I have my GT finally and I am happy [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 05:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Are you still eager to pay 10k over sticker with the crankshaft problem?
Old 4/24/06, 09:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Flat pays are going to be common on this car.
Old 4/28/06, 01:02 PM

i dont know if you or anyone else is interested but i have a confirmed order with a dealer for a 2007 shelby vert. red with white side stripes and interior upgrade package. i am told the order can be modified up until the car is scheduled to be built. I WILL sell my order for the 10k you say you will pay. I have a signed contract with my dealer to only pay MSRP. I am getting the only car they are being allotted. In fact I have been the ONLY person to ask them about the upcoming car to date. contact me at: rmlove@gmail.com if and only if you are serious about buying my car. If no one wants it , I will keep the order as is in red and take delivery myself. The car will be taken directly off of the transporter and put in a "car bubble" filtered encapsule in storage as an investment.
Old 4/28/06, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't think you will have to pay 10K over unless you want to. When theses cars start hitting the streets with a sticker price of 45K?? I think people will really start thinking about making this purchase. If you are looking at storing this car away for an investment, you are going to retire a poor man.

Furthermore, If you are going to buy one, for petes sake, enjoy the darn thing. Drive the Snot out of it. Have a blast. This car is a throw-away. Five years from now you will looking at the next greatest thing...
Old 4/28/06, 03:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(incomingRPG @ April 21, 2006, 6:01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Are you still eager to pay 10k over sticker with the crankshaft problem?
[/b][/quote]

This appears to have been a miscommunication about something that happened to an early engine. See this post.
Old 4/28/06, 08:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

all this drama... ford should control their dealers, in the end they will only hurt their bonds with future customers by having their dealers play for every penny. Alot of the domestics could gain from better customer loyalty. Also.. poo for all this money, give me a darn z06, rape a GT500 and then some [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 4/28/06, 08:38 PM

In my humble opinion (everyones got one), You cant blame the guy. His only mistake was to take it to this forum and wave his money. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] I am bitter at him for jacking up the prices by paying over MSRP, but that is an emotion that is mine. That is my problem, not his. I wish to have the newest Porsche or Ferrari in my garage. Even if I could afford MSRP, I can't expect guys like him to not buy them over MSRP with all the money he has, so I can get one. If there are only so many going to be made, and some guy or gal got the money to spend, my only option is to wait. I still hate him for it. But to be humble, I would have to say that I am jealous that I cant do it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
My .02

PS: Without a set MSRP, even if I had the money, I would'nt just say "I'll pay 10K over or 30K over". It opens up new vehicle options when you're talking about $60K-90K autos
Old 4/28/06, 09:25 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dswhalen @ April 18, 2006, 6:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Is it some kind of immoral thing to work hard for my money and spend it as I like? Some guys have Harley's, boats, and other toys they pay lots of money for. I see you have a lot of mods and you spent money on them. Did anyone call you a moron when you kept adding stuff to your car?

[/b][/quote]

Amen, more power to you bro. I simply do not understand all the griping about the dealership markups, if you don't like it then stay away from the dealerships. Everyone wants a Shelby RIGHT NOW, but they don't want to pay a penny over sticker. Get real people, Ford is sucking wind just like GM is and who can blame their dealerships for trying to make a little profit when they can? And who do you all think you are flaming a fellow Mustang lover that wants to be one of the first to own one? He and the people like him are the ones that send a message to Ford to build more Shelbys! If they sell thousands of Shelbys over sticker, what do you think Ford will do? Make more!!!
Old 5/1/06, 11:04 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tres Wright @ April 28, 2006, 11:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
... And who do you all think you are...
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img]

The opposite of a dumbazz? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/what.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 5/1/06, 11:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

When I saw all of the GT's sitting on the dealer lot down in Phoenix last week a chill went through me. I realized that I could not get the FMV price that Edmunds claims (33K private party) because they were taking 3G's off of their GT's. I also realized that with high gas prices there has been a bucket of ice thrown on the muscle car market.

I am going to apply another coat of Zaino to my vert and wait this one out. If I don't get one this year I will still have a fun year in my GT Vert.

Perhaps a pool would be a better option for 06????????? Perhaps after the new feeding-frenzy the price will stabalize. Who knows some dealer in outback Oklahoma may sell one for sticker. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 5/1/06, 12:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

I put a pool in last fall and 35K later and many more to go I havent even put a foot in the darn thing yet. I still have all kinds of landscaping to do and lawn to replant. At least once this is done I am done as I told my wife and sons they are cleaning and maintaining it or im filling it in. On the bright side I did go get an 06 GT 2 weeks ago and I cant believe I have been missing out on a car this awesome [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 5/1/06, 03:42 PM
KBE
V6 Member

anyone paying 10K over AMV doesn't have to worry about financing.
Old 5/1/06, 04:52 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dswhalen @ May 1, 2006, 12:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Who knows some dealer in outback Oklahoma may sell one for sticker. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I resemble that! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]