I'll pay 10K over sticker

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/06, 07:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ds,

George's point is that we all need to stick together and refuse to pay AMV. You are a victim of the hype. He is trying to save you the $10Gs and save the rest of us from having to pay over or wait forever.

I'm one of those guys that got my deal pulled because the dealer saw suckers like you coming and decided to "see what the market bears" The sooner the over sticker suckers run out, the sooner the rest of us get our cars. An educated forum member should be able to see that.
Old 4/18/06, 08:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyhorse @ April 18, 2006, 8:35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
ds,

George's point is that we all need to stick together and refuse to pay AMV. You are a victim of the hype. He is trying to save you the $10Gs and save the rest of us from having to pay over or wait forever.

I'm one of those guys that got my deal pulled because the dealer saw suckers like you coming and decided to "see what the market bears" The sooner the over sticker suckers run out, the sooner the rest of us get our cars. An educated forum member should be able to see that.
[/b][/quote]
Yep my dealer won't even talk deal to me, his allocations are going straight to ebay for min of 15,000 over sticker.
Old 4/18/06, 09:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ April 18, 2006, 5:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It is evident you have not figure that one out either. Because, not too many members express their enthusiasm by bragging. You of all people should understand that. Weren't you the one that had a Big Gulp spilled in your white and blue vert's interior by some unknown admirer at a convenience store?

It might be deja vu but it seems we have had this conversation before.
[/b][/quote]
I'm a slow learner. Where is my Taurus and humilty. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 4/18/06, 09:41 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dswhalen @ April 18, 2006, 11:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
... Where is my Taurus and humilty. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Time is up 1 BULLITT! What is your final answer?

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img] ... at the convenience store? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/what.gif[/img]

DING, DING, DING! We have a winner!!!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fam24.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 4/18/06, 11:33 PM
Cobra Member

I am certainly in the minority on this one, and openly admit to working for a dealer (I am the Finance Director at a Ford dealership). If the original poster was "only" willing to pay sticker, his chances of getting a GT500 would be slim to none. To anyone who has secured such a deal, tally ho! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] There is no reason to belittle someone who is willing to pay X for an item that they want. It is all about the value to the buyer. Those who are willing to wait 1-2 years for these cars to come down to sticker, great! Enjoy your wait. I have yet to have a customer come back who paid over sticker on ANY car who was unhappy. They felt that the price was worth the enjoyment of the car. It is not too different from mods. They will net maybe 10% in resale value, but add enjoyment to the car. Think of AMV as a "time mod". You are buying more time/prestige/attention/exclusivity. How much does that cost?
We have a standing offer of $20000 over MSRP from someone who thinks it is worth it. Should we turn it down so that a TMS member can buy it for MSRP and drop $20000 from the bottom line? Would you do that in your business?
I would love to be able to sell one for invoice to every TMS member, but the reality is it will never happen. Paying over sticker assures that you can have yours first; sour grapes to those who won't/can't.

dswhalen, I hope you get your vert and give em' heck! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/16.gif[/img]
BTW, I can get the AMV financed W.A.C. (I'm good at my job!) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Flame away! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/flamethrower.gif[/img]
Old 4/18/06, 11:56 PM
Closet American

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PACETTR @ April 18, 2006, 10:36 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am certainly in the minority on this one, and openly admit to working for a dealer (I am the Finance Director at a Ford dealership). If the original poster was "only" willing to pay sticker, his chances of getting a GT500 would be slim to none. To anyone who has secured such a deal, tally ho! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] There is no reason to belittle someone who is willing to pay X for an item that they want. It is all about the value to the buyer. Those who are willing to wait 1-2 years for these cars to come down to sticker, great! Enjoy your wait. I have yet to have a customer come back who paid over sticker on ANY car who was unhappy. They felt that the price was worth the enjoyment of the car. It is not too different from mods. They will net maybe 10% in resale value, but add enjoyment to the car. Think of AMV as a "time mod". You are buying more time/prestige/attention/exclusivity. How much does that cost?
We have a standing offer of $20000 over MSRP from someone who thinks it is worth it. Should we turn it down so that a TMS member can buy it for MSRP and drop $20000 from the bottom line? Would you do that in your business?
I would love to be able to sell one for invoice to every TMS member, but the reality is it will never happen. Paying over sticker assures that you can have yours first; sour grapes to those who won't/can't.

dswhalen, I hope you get your vert and give em' heck! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/16.gif[/img]
BTW, I can get the AMV financed W.A.C. (I'm good at my job!) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Flame away! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/flamethrower.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Rapist!

BTW, I can get the AMV financed W.A.C. (I'm good at my job!)

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bs.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ April 18, 2006, 8:44 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Time is up 1 BULLITT! What is your final answer?

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img] ... at the convenience store? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/what.gif[/img]

DING, DING, DING! We have a winner!!!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fam24.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/box2.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bat.gif[/img]
This is entertaining guys. Don't stop. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/popcorn2.gif[/img]
Old 4/18/06, 11:57 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BC_Shelby @ April 19, 2006, 12:55 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Rapist!

BTW, I can get the AMV financed W.A.C. (I'm good at my job!)

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bs.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I'll fax you a credit ap. Or do you have some "credit challenges"? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 4/19/06, 12:01 AM
Closet American

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PACETTR @ April 18, 2006, 11:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'll fax you a credit ap. Or do you have some "credit challenges"? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Actually, I have a "citizenship challenge." Perhaps you should look under my avatar.

Even if I was idiotically wealthy - I am not - I would never pay over MSRP for a Mustang with a big engine, a few suspension upgrades, plastic stripes and a 90 cent "Shelby" badge. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Of course, there are those who do - and you see them coming from a mile away through those beady little eyes of yours, don't you? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ninja.gif[/img]

Old 4/19/06, 12:04 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BC_Shelby @ April 19, 2006, 1:04 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
And even if I was idiotically wealthy, I would never pay over MSRP for a Mustang with a big engine, a few suspension upgrades, plastic stripes and a 90 cent "Shelby" badge. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Of course, there are those who do - and you see them coming from a mile away through those beady little eyes of yours, don't you? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ninja.gif[/img]

[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/flamethrower.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/canadamoose.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/iwojima.gif[/img]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bowdown.gif[/img]
Old 4/19/06, 12:07 AM
Closet American

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PACETTR @ April 18, 2006, 11:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/flamethrower.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/canadamoose.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/iwojima.gif[/img]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bowdown.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Assault of the emoticons. Good comeback. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rofl2.gif[/img]
Old 4/19/06, 12:16 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BC_Shelby @ April 19, 2006, 1:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Assault of the emoticons. Good comeback. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rofl2.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/07.gif[/img] emoticons...

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/topic.gif[/img]

Old 4/19/06, 12:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Good luck for your GT500, if you can get it.
Personally, just for a matter of principles, I would never pay even a cent over MSRP, no matter how exciting or rare a car could be.

PS: I gotta admit that you come across a bit as the bragging type...and that ain't very nice.
Old 4/19/06, 12:38 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Legion681 @ April 19, 2006, 1:22 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
PS: I gotta admit that you come across a bit as the bragging type...and that ain't very nice.
[/b][/quote]
We all come across as the bragging type. Have you noticed all the threads of pictures of people's cars? He has every right to be excited to be able to afford his dream car. He isn't knocking anyone who isn't getting one. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 4/19/06, 08:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Adam2004 @ April 18, 2006, 3:58 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It's your money, do what you want. But it's suckers like you that the dealerships LOVE as well as the reason they continue to add dealer markups. For that kind of dough, I would own a C6.
[/b][/quote]

In December I bought an F150 Screw Cab, King Ranch. They didn't make a lot at $8000.00 under list price. So I guess they loved to see me coming.

Do you guys really think that getting a new Cobra makes me a sucker? There are several ebay bids for 20K over sticker.

Perhaps in my humility I will take the 10K+ AMV and find me a nice Taurus. Do they make stripe kits for that? Brad is there a thread for former Mustang owners that now drive Taurus'
Old 4/19/06, 08:32 AM
GT Member

Hey congrats on the car deal man, 10K over or not you are getting a Shelby I think its fantastic. If you are happy with the car, then the juice was worth the squeeze! In all honesty 10K over MSRP is not nearly as bad as what most are paying, I would say 15K is probably the average. My local dealer has 3 for 2007 all spoken for and they all paid more then 10K over MSRP. Oh yeah the 2008s they already have 10 guys on the waiting list. I think in one case someone paid as much as 30K over. I know we can all debate the ethics of delaers involved here, and we all will have different opinions on what the right price is. Bottom line the more you are willing to sacrafice the better your chances of making a deal. Good luck with the new ride I hope you enjoy it. Just make sure you dealer throws in a few oil changes or accessories for that price.
Old 4/19/06, 09:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Why even set an MSRP of supposed 40K in the first place? I know the official number isnt out yet but they stated it would be about 40. Why not just set it at 60k? Perhaps they are going to now since they havent released the number. The intent of the Shelby was an affordable race car off the showroom floor. It is not now. It is out of reach for the average joe, which again was the original intent of the car. Yes you may have gotten the truck for $8 under MSRP but rest assured the they still made $$. You sond like a good guy and I am not trying to bust your *****. It is your money and your decision and ultimately it is yourself that you have to please. I too can afford the upcharge and I have wanted one of these for years but Im not going to take it in the rear because of dealer greed. Whatever you do GL and if you do nothing enjoy the car you have now...it is very nice [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 4/19/06, 10:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Webba @ April 19, 2006, 7:04 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Why even set an MSRP of supposed 40K in the first place? I know the official number isnt out yet but they stated it would be about 40. Why not just set it at 60k? Perhaps they are going to now since they havent released the number. The intent of the Shelby was an affordable race car off the showroom floor. It is not now. It is out of reach for the average joe, which again was the original intent of the car. Yes you may have gotten the truck for $8 under MSRP but rest assured the they still made $$. You sond like a good guy and I am not trying to bust your *****. It is your money and your decision and ultimately it is yourself that you have to please. I too can afford the upcharge and I have wanted one of these for years but Im not going to take it in the rear because of dealer greed. Whatever you do GL and if you do nothing enjoy the car you have now...it is very nice [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the support. Finally some TMS members came to my defense. I still haven't found a dealer to take my order for 10K over so I may never get one in the first place.

I've worked hard for years and watch my money very closely. But once in a while I will splurge. Can you think of a better way to splurge?
Old 4/19/06, 12:30 PM
Bullitt Member

I worked very hard to get a great education and professional job. I also work very hard for what I have. Nothing was ever given to me ever. I like you will splurge on something I really want to have. I think you should at least while you are waiting go down and look at and drive a C6 Vette Conv. I did and wound up with a Z06. I love the car and am currently running 11.9 quarters. I was waiting for a Cobra but got sick of the long wait, so I pulled the trigger on the Vette. I was sick of the Cobra dealer "playing me". Do what you want but test drive the C6 Conv. first. Like the song says, "Better shop around". [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/19/06, 04:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dswhalen @ April 19, 2006, 12:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks for the support. Finally some TMS members came to my defense. I still haven't found a dealer to take my order for 10K over so I may never get one in the first place.

I've worked hard for years and watch my money very closely. But once in a while I will splurge. Can you think of a better way to splurge?
[/b][/quote]
<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">NO</span> I would wait and get the car you really want, and thats awesome to trade up like that.
Old 4/19/06, 06:15 PM
Closet American

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dswhalen @ April 19, 2006, 7:16 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
In December I bought an F150 Screw Cab, King Ranch. They didn't make a lot at $8000.00 under list price. So I guess they loved to see me coming.

Do you guys really think that getting a new Cobra makes me a sucker? There are several ebay bids for 20K over sticker.

Perhaps in my humility I will take the 10K+ AMV and find me a nice Taurus. Do they make stripe kits for that? Brad is there a thread for former Mustang owners that now drive Taurus'
[/b][/quote]
Why not paint some stripes on that two-legged Pony in your avatar and call it a day?

In all seriousness, ignore the detractors and do what you want. It is, after all, your money and you should spend it as you see fit. I think it is unfair for people to condemn you for paying over MSRP, when it is your hard earned money that you will be parting with, after all.

It just wouldn't be my choice.

Good hunting...I hope you find what you are looking for. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: I'll pay 10K over sticker