GT500's REAL Horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/06, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by futuresvt@January 20, 2006, 2:46 PM
Actually, my strong points were satirical sarcasm with intermittent bouts of persuasive positing...

Clearly, you missed the point of the post el literallo. If the ridiculousness of the comment alone wasn't enough to convey the chiding nature of the comment, get off the thread, don't vent your frustration that you'll never get one of these at me...

It's good to see that as this site grows we are starting to get more members blindly willing to go offensive jumping down someone's throat...

Ummm..Ummm...Ummmm.. Sorry I was meditating.

Did I hit a nerve??

If you want to call the car fat than I don't have a problem with that, but don't disguise your comment with 40 layers of sarcasm and expect me to believe you were joking. Please, I'm an intelligent guy, don't try and convince me that your post was something other than it was. You took a shot at the car.

I'll be the first one to agree with you that the car is overweight, but so is every other car in its class. The weight is a combination of a lot of different factors. I'm sure that Ford could have done something to lighten the load but they didn't so we are stuck with what we got. No amount of complaining will make the car weigh less.

Also don't miscalculate my ability to own the car. I have the means and desire to buy one but I refuse to pay a dealer markup. I'm sure I can be the first on my block to drive one but you would be the first one to jump all over me and call me an idiot because I paid the markup, while the whole time hiding your comments behind your so called sarcasm.

You don't like the car, fine, express yourself in an adult, mature manner. If not, the "I love my Ford Tempo" forum is somewhere else on the Internet..
Old 1/20/06, 04:06 PM
Cam Tease

I don't think he actually owns a Ford Tempo...
Old 1/20/06, 04:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mrsuds@January 20, 2006, 4:02 PM
Ummm..Ummm...Ummmm.. Sorry I was meditating.

Did I hit a nerve??

If you want to call the car fat than I don't have a problem with that, but don't disguise your comment with 40 layers of sarcasm and expect me to believe you were joking. Please, I'm an intelligent guy, don't try and convince me that your post was something other than it was. You took a shot at the car.

I'll be the first one to agree with you that the car is overweight, but so is every other car in its class. The weight is a combination of a lot of different factors. I'm sure that Ford could have done something to lighten the load but they didn't so we are stuck with what we got. No amount of complaining will make the car weigh less.

Also don't miscalculate my ability to own the car. I have the means and desire to buy one but I refuse to pay a dealer markup. I'm sure I can be the first on my block to drive one but you would be the first one to jump all over me and call me an idiot because I paid the markup, while the whole time hiding your comments behind your so called sarcasm.

You don't like the car, fine, express yourself in an adult, mature manner. If not, the "I love my Ford Tempo" forum is somewhere else on the Internet..
I had a Tempo in high school...good times, good times in that car.

Relax paco. Of course I took a shot at the car, that was point of comparing it to an Excursion, christ. Of course I was joking, have you ever seen an Excursion...and please, don't confuse a joke with complaining. I must reiterate, it was a joke.

I don't give a monkey's nuts if you can or do buy one of these, markup or no. Do what you like man, I'm not trying to hold you down.

I say relax, you came at me after you didnt get a joke. Flame on chief, but I'm done with this little spat. I like this board and these people.

Old 1/20/06, 04:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

PS, but if we could get the GT500 motor in a Tempo, you may be onto something there..what's that thing weight, 3000 lbs...

Old 1/20/06, 04:49 PM

Originally posted by futuresvt@January 20, 2006, 7:32 PM
PS, but if we could get the GT500 motor in a Tempo, you may be onto something there..what's that thing weight, 3000 lbs...

Finally, something I agree with.. eace:
Old 2/5/06, 09:12 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrsuds @ January 18, 2006, 7:46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The gas guzzler tax is not a function of HP but a combination of gas mileage. It a complicated formula that takes into account city mileage and highway mileage, and the airspeed of an unladed sparrow heading north in a southbound wind.
[/b][/quote]
Would that be a European or North African sparrow? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/5/06, 10:20 AM
GT Member

...With all due respect,I believe its going to take alot more than exhaust,tune,and pulleys to get near 640rwhp. I believe included in that list would be a higher boost of the S/C,(whether it be the current one or a new twin-screw one),along with maybe a different camshaft profile,...then,..just maybe,...I would believe the number 640 rwhp
Old 2/5/06, 11:21 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>...With all due respect,I believe its going to take alot more than exhaust,tune,and pulleys to get near 640rwhp. I believe included in that list would be a higher boost of the S/C[/b][/quote]

Thats what the "Pulley" is. He meant a SUPERCHARGER PULLEY to up the "BOOST". He didnt say "pulleys"

Brad quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>With a new pulley, exhaust and a tune.....638 rwhp[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/5/06, 12:16 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cobrasvt777 @ February 5, 2006, 2:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thats what the "Pulley" is. He meant a SUPERCHARGER PULLEY to up the "BOOST". He didnt say "pulleys"

Brad quote:
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote] That's what I meant when I said pulleys..(as in several shelbyGT500 owners, each one having a engine in them)not several pulleys on one car....Hello! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] Either way with up in boost(maybe twin screw) plus all the other mods I've stated then I might believe it,...as I've been racing for 25 years.
Old 2/5/06, 10:43 PM
GT Member

You may have been racing for 25 years, but these engines haven't been around for a long time. I believe it. On 03-04 cobras you could get alot of hp just by putting chip and pulley, and that was with the 4.6 now imagine this 5.4 that has better cams, pistons, & ect.
Old 2/6/06, 01:09 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Svtstinger @ February 6, 2006, 1:46 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You may have been racing for 25 years, but these engines haven't been around for a long time. I believe it. On 03-04 cobras you could get alot of hp just by putting chip and pulley, and that was with the 4.6 now imagine this 5.4 that has better cams, pistons, & ect.
[/b][/quote]OH,I agree,...that's why I say with mods of not just tune,pulley and exhaust,...but also with maybe a different twin-screw s/c,and cam profiles,along with the other mods I mentioned above,...then I would say that 640 rwhp is obtainable.That's just IMO of course.
Old 2/6/06, 09:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just a few more months and we can put it to the test.....

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 3/4/06, 09:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

anyone ever figure out whether "exhaust" meant full exhaust or just cat-back, or what???
Old 3/5/06, 10:22 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MilStang @ January 15, 2006, 9:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Let's see...where could Brad have gotten this information that would be reputable enough to post about.....
BC...Crazy,...anyone know where Brad has been the past few weeks? It MUST be someone he talked to in the last few weeks....
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I do not think he will compromise his source.