Does anyone have information on when we can order the 2008 GT 500?

Search this Thread

Old 3/21/07, 01:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
Have you received your allocations for '08 ??

Not yet.
Old 3/23/07, 08:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When will the first 08's begin to ship? I made a deal on a GT500 today and the order will go in next week. This will be an 07. I can't right now think of a reason to hold the order for two weeks and opt for an 08. They will look the same and cost $1,200-$1,500 more with the new gas tax and price increases. Am I looking at this right?
Old 3/23/07, 09:36 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

new gas tax
???
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...as+guzzler+tax
Old 3/24/07, 05:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by upstate
When will the first 08's begin to ship? I made a deal on a GT500 today and the order will go in next week. This will be an 07. I can't right now think of a reason to hold the order for two weeks and opt for an 08. They will look the same and cost $1,200-$1,500 more with the new gas tax and price increases. Am I looking at this right?
Job 1 is late June. Should begin to see cars late July or early Aug. When you get your car is based on when the dealer has an available allotment. If you are getting it from a small dealer that only gets one car, you won't likely see it until this time next year. IF it is a previous SVT dealer and you are getting the first car they get, you will likely see it late Summer/early Fall depending on how big the dealership is.

It all depends on multiple factors.

As AFBlue linked, I doubt the GGT will change much. Even if they changed the method of calculating, they would likely adjust to rate to make it similar to the current rate.

We have not seen pricing, yet. I doubt it will change very much. Prob not more than $500 -$1000.

If you are paying an ADM for an '07, the '08 will likely carry less of one (if any).

More options will be available for '08 such as HID headlights, ambient lighting, Vapor Silver color and black stripes will now be available for some of the colors.

Over the next 5-10 years the '08 will be worth more if you need/want to sell it as it is a newer car.

Some people speculate that the '07 will be worth more in the long run to which I say BS. As a potential collector car, the value is based on desirability and availabilty. I don't see a difference in the '07 or '08 for this. production numbers will be similar and performance will be identical. The only difference being the available colors (Tungsten has been replaced with Vapor and the black stripes) and the above options. I don't see either of those affecting desirability.

You would have the '07 much sooner. Might be a reason to choose that one if the above doesn't make you want to wait.
Old 3/26/07, 10:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Job 1 is late June. Should begin to see cars late July or early Aug. When you get your car is based on when the dealer has an available allotment. If you are getting it from a small dealer that only gets one car, you won't likely see it until this time next year. IF it is a previous SVT dealer and you are getting the first car they get, you will likely see it late Summer/early Fall depending on how big the dealership is...............

Over the next 5-10 years the '08 will be worth more if you need/want to sell it as it is a newer car.

Some people speculate that the '07 will be worth more in the long run to which I say BS. As a potential collector car, the value is based on desirability and availabilty. I don't see a difference in the '07 or '08 for this. production numbers will be similar and performance will be identical. The only difference being the available colors (Tungsten has been replaced with Vapor and the black stripes) and the above options. I don't see either of those affecting desirability.

You would have the '07 much sooner. Might be a reason to choose that one if the above doesn't make you want to wait.
These things, true;- go for the 07 if you desire the car earlier. For Resale Value, if it is an important consideration, perhaps wait for the 08. Collector Value, either year model is about the same. Of course this may take some years and is no guarantee, albeit the serial and sequence numbers may make a slight difference in the valuation of a Production Series car.
Old 3/26/07, 04:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Allocation is not a problem as the order is placed at Ford corporate and the GT500 will be dropped at whatever dealer I select. I guess I will go ahead now so I can be driving it by June 07. HID would be nice but I will sacrifice this for getting me into the seat sooner. Thanks for your thoughts, I'll call now to move forward.
Old 3/26/07, 07:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Allocation is not a problem as the order is placed at Ford corporate and the GT500 will be dropped at whatever dealer I select. I guess I will go ahead now so I can be driving it by June 07. HID would be nice but I will sacrifice this for getting me into the seat sooner. Thanks for your thoughts, I'll call now to move forward.
I'm sure you will be able to upfit HIDs later.
Old 3/26/07, 08:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I'm sure you will be able to upfit HIDs later.
I'll keep an eye out for that possibility but would expect this to be a $1,200 mod???
Old 3/27/07, 02:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'll keep an eye out for that possibility but would expect this to be a $1,200 mod???
Probably. IF it is that much, I'll likely cancel it off my order. I told the guy to put that on their depending on price. I'd rather drive with yellow lights and save the $1200 for performance mods.