Control Arm Issues

Old 1/26/08, 09:29 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Control Arm Issues

Last summer I installed a BMR adjustable UCA , BMR Control arm relocation brackets and Fiore lower control arms in my GT500 Vert. I have read a number of posts that complain about "Clunk" noises caused by either the UCA or the LCA's. I drove the car yesterday with the top up because it is cold here now in Texas. I can hear the noise very clearly now and I am $%^$%@. I just wanted to get rid of the wheel hop and have spent far to much time and money just getting these parts installed properly. Now, because I am admittedly compulsive, I have to figure out what is causing the noise and get it fixed. I would very much appreciate your help.

Also , I am interested in selling both my cars or trading for an M5 or M6 if anyone is interested. I have an 05 GT vert black with Red IUP , lower with Eibach springs, custom chrome deep dish bullets, with just over 3,000 miles and this 07 GT500 vert Black with Red IUP under 2,000 miles. Twins. They are in perfect condition.

I don't want to keep screwing with this car. I just like to drive it to shows and on Sunday mornings. Anyway thanks for letting me vent. Again if you can help me with the noise issue I would appreciate it. If not I will probably just put the stock parts back on.
Old 1/26/08, 10:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hate to see you get frustrated with a car because of a problem with something you changed on the car. It is my understanding that BMR had some bad bushings early on. I think I read that they were replacing them free. Check with them.

If you only drive the car to shows and Sunday mornings, wheel hop shouldn't be an issue anyway. As long as you are not drag racing, there is no need to excessively spin the tires. Changing it back to stock would likely help your clunk.

I never have wheel hop problems with my stock suspension. Of course, I rarely do burnouts. The only time the tires break loose is on a 1-2 or 2-3 shift. It is usually brief.
Old 1/26/08, 04:15 PM
GT Member

The more I think about it the more I agree with you. I think I over compensated by throwing these parts on for a problem that really wasn't a problem based on the way I drive the car.
Old 1/26/08, 05:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

This may seem a stupid question, but do aftermarket suspension components for the GT work for the GT500 as well? For example, does the same BMR LCA work for both? I know the GT500 has a different one than the GT, stock for stock, but are they the same dimensions?
Old 1/26/08, 05:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by scottma
The more I think about it the more I agree with you. I think I over compensated by throwing these parts on for a problem that really wasn't a problem based on the way I drive the car.
M5/M6 would be a fine car. I just hate to see you get rid of beautiful GT500 just because of a problem with an aftermarket part.

I'm sure you would have not problem selling the car if you decide to do so. Let us know what you decide. Post some pics of the M series if you go that route. They are pretty sweet. In fact, an M3 would even be a joy to own.
Old 1/26/08, 06:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
is your pinion angle set correctly?
Old 1/26/08, 10:27 PM
GT Member

Yes, I think it is but I am going to take the car back to the Ford dealer and have them put back on the stock parts unless they tell me they can get rid of the noise.