Alittle dis-pleased.......

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/08, 06:55 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alittle dis-pleased.......

I ordered my car from a dealer several hours away, so when it came in to the dealership, I was told by my salesman that it set in his warehouse (aprox 1 1/2 week) until I was able to pick it up this past week.

My dealer was told no one was to drive this car and leave all plastic and decals as is from the factory.

I neglected to ask for the mileage when it was delivered, It had 11 miles on her when I picked her up.

After getting it home I noticed that the plastic was removed from the back seat and the plastic that was supposed to be stuck to the carpet in the drivers floor board was pushed all the way to the center of the car. I also noticed dirty foot prints on the plastic on the passenger side. After looking around the outside of the car I noticed that the back tires have several tears in the rubber causing me to think that someone had spun the back tires, but no burnt rubber was found inside the wheel well.

So here is my question, can I take this car to any Ford dealship and hook it up to a computer and find out what maxium RPMs or any other information my engine has done prior to me picking her up?

Is it wrong for me to be this nit pickey over some of this?
Old 1/26/08, 07:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As nice as it would be to be nit-picky, it's hard to be. I wouldn't worry about it that much. I can say that because my car sustained a dent and a deep scratch during transport to me. I'm still upset about it, but what is done is done.

Just enjoy the car. You'll forget about that stuff soon enough.
Old 1/26/08, 07:33 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by Spider
...and find out what maxium RPMs or any other information my engine has done prior to me picking her up?

Is it wrong for me to be this nit pickey over some of this?
Eleven miles is no big deal. There will be another 35,989 miles of warranty.
Old 1/27/08, 03:01 PM
Bullitt Member

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The ford engineer/transport guy/salesman/prep guy/lot jockey all had access to the car so that's where the 11 miles and "shifted" drivers side plastic came from. Perhaps the guy prepping it climbed into the passenger side to check the seat adjustment and/or to gain access to the glovebox to place the screw set for the front license plate inside it for you. There could be a ton of reasons why you saw foot prints on the mat.

What about the rear tires don't you like? What tears do you speak of?

Again, i wouldn't worry about it. They had no boost anyway.

Just so you know, every car delivered from the factory has "mileage" on them. Mine had a tick over 5 miles. The prep guy put about 1 1/2 additional miles on it.
Old 1/27/08, 03:54 PM
Bullitt Member

don't forget it's got the "dealer tune" that limits RPMs etc for the first 50 miles or X number of starts...

Either complain and denand a free oil change or forget about it and enjoy your new baby
Old 1/27/08, 04:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Mine had 10 or 11 miles on it too. It gets moved around in the factory, on and off the transport trucks. Gets moved around in the holding lots, etc.

I'd just enjoy your new baby and not stress over it.
Old 1/27/08, 05:23 PM
Cobra Member

Mine had about 10 miles on it when I picked it up. You have to figure assembly line to FORD storage lot, storage lot to rail yard to destination auto carrier's lot, auto carrier lot to Ford Dealership.
Old 1/27/08, 07:23 PM
GT Member

Ok, thanks guys......

Thanks for the input guys, I was just curious if I should be concerned that someone had possible driven the car and me not knowing if any abuse had occured during a joy/ test drive........

I guess its mostly just me being alittle **** about her...........
Old 1/27/08, 07:27 PM
Cobra Member

We all get **** about our mustangs.

This is my mustang, there are many like her, but this one is mine!
Old 1/27/08, 08:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

I guess its mostly just me being alittle **** about her...........
Can't blame you for that. I'm the same way. With yours still having the "valet" tune, I doubt it was much of a joy ride.
Old 1/27/08, 09:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rarecat
don't forget it's got the "dealer tune" that limits RPMs etc for the first 50 miles or X number of starts...

Either complain and denand a free oil change or forget about it and enjoy your new baby
Hey Frank, its not 50 miles, but only 5 continuous miles turns on the blower or the 50 turns of the key. I know, as our stock GT500 just came in, and they told me to drive it 5 miles to get the blower working and to gas it up. The Ford GT was 50 miles to activate the blower.
Old 1/27/08, 09:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Frank, its not 50 miles, but only 5 continuous miles turns on the blower or the 50 turns of the key. I know, as our stock GT500 just came in, and they told me to drive it 5 miles to get the blower working and to gas it up. The Ford GT was 50 miles to activate the blower.

I really wish i knew if that is the case or not. When i picked up my car, it had no boost. I drove it continously for over 5 miles.....still no boost. It wasn't until i broke 50 miles that i had boost. I remember driving it at 46 miles (no boost) and keeping an eye on things. As soon as i clocked over 50 miles, i had a whole different car.

Question to the masses: How many miles until you had boost?
50 miles for me
Old 1/27/08, 10:10 PM

Picked my car up it had 16 miles on it. I had boost at about 23 miles.
Old 1/28/08, 06:43 AM
GT Member

This makes me fell a little better, I drove my car to the gas station and noticed that my PSI gauge didn't really move. As of now I have 14.9 on it........ but I would be curious if that is the fact it takes 5 continuios miles to activate th SC.
Old 1/28/08, 08:21 AM
GT Member

FYI on "dealer tune"

I just opened up my owners manual and read the "Shelby GT-500 Supplement" book and on page 8 it says.................

"Your Shelby GT-500 power train control module (PCM) strategy contains a feature to limit supercharger boost and pressure and engine speed to 4000 RPM for the first 5 consecutive miles of vehicle operation or 50 engine start / warm up cycles."
Old 1/28/08, 01:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just opened up my owners manual and read the "Shelby GT-500 Supplement" book and on page 8 it says.................

"Your Shelby GT-500 power train control module (PCM) strategy contains a feature to limit supercharger boost and pressure and engine speed to 4000 RPM for the first 5 consecutive miles of vehicle operation or 50 engine start / warm up cycles."
Don't want to be an "I told ya so"...bbbuuuutttt J/K. They do this so no one can mess with the car while they are in transit, and/or getting dropped off by carrier drivers.