Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

will 2011 have the 5.0 for sure?? how sure?

Search this Thread

Old 11/24/08, 03:27 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Even Steven
Okay, let me reiterate. Nobody on this forum knows for sure. I'm sure there are people out there who work for Ford and know for sure, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to join the forum and post the answer!
It's not just people working directly for Ford. There are folks who work for the various tiers of suppliers who are very much in the know; they may be the ones visiting these forums with such knowledge. I doubt they'd be as brazen as to openly post information that could cost them their jobs, though.

There are certain individuals on the various forums who have posted insider information, and they've been right on the money virtually 100% of the time. If they tell me there will be a 5.0L in MY 2011, I, including many others, believe them.

Last edited by MARZ; 11/24/08 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11/24/08, 06:24 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,077 Likes on 1,677 Posts
Originally Posted by Greywolf
JOIN TEAM MUSTANG SOURCE AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE
Hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question, but what are the requirements for joining Team Mustang Source ?
Old 11/24/08, 07:17 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question, but what are the requirements for joining Team Mustang Source ?
$$$
Old 11/24/08, 08:31 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,077 Likes on 1,677 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
$$$

That's exactly what I was afraid of
Old 11/24/08, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Greywolf
JOIN TEAM MUSTANG SOURCE AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE
Took your advice and joined.....glad I did!!
Old 11/25/08, 05:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MARZ
It's not just people working directly for Ford. There are folks who work for the various tiers of suppliers who are very much in the know; they may be the ones visiting these forums with such knowledge. I doubt they'd be as brazen as to openly post information that could cost them their jobs, though.

There are certain individuals on the various forums who have posted insider information, and they've been right on the money virtually 100% of the time. If they tell me there will be a 5.0L in MY 2011, I, including many others, believe them.
Okay, will the 5.0L indeed be 400 HP? If they are in the know, then they should have the details...
Old 11/25/08, 05:47 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Okay, will the 5.0L indeed be 400 HP? If they are in the know, then they should have the details...
Nope that number was pulled completely out of thin air....
Old 11/25/08, 05:51 AM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

We're all in the same boat in that we only know what we hear and / or see on the Internet. That said, I've heard the 400hp value for quite some time now.

Again, I doubt someone's going to create an account on this forum, for example, and say, "Hi, I'm so-and-so from Ford, and in 2011, the Mustang GT will have a 400hp 5.0L V8. And here is the spec sheet..." Because that likely isn't going to happen, I have faith in our "insiders" and their "inside information."

You're completely right, however, and the information regarding this engine could be completely bogus. I guess that's just an incurred risk

I believe you said it best when you stated the current, dismal condition of the Automotive Industry. Given that, I suppose anything could happen...
Old 11/25/08, 05:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boomer
Nope that number was pulled completely out of thin air....

You guys are going to be eating a lot of crap if it never happens.... just because you seem so sure. I still say anything can happen at this point.
Old 11/25/08, 05:53 AM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

You guys are going to be eating a lot of crap if it never happens.... just because you seem so sure. I still say anything can happen at this point.
Then he must be pretty darn sure...
Old 11/25/08, 06:15 AM
Closet American

2011...5.0L...400 HP. Believe it.
Old 11/25/08, 06:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
2011...5.0L...400 HP. Believe it.
So you're saying... Mission Accomplished™?
Old 11/25/08, 07:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll give you one reason why it WILL come out. Think about this, Ford spend Millions on the development on the motor, and Millions on testing and such. To have the motor be basically "ready" then to cancel it, would be a waste of all that capital that went into the program. Its one thing to cancel a project before the money really gets used, but to cancel a program when the item is about a year from going on sale is bad business. They'll come out with it, so they can make money with it, and get money back into the company.
Old 11/25/08, 07:44 AM
I Have No Life

Ya know, thats a reason why a lot of insiders don't really say much.
Things CAN and WILL change from time to time.
Look at how early they have to plan things...

Case in point,
I remember (and I still have the leaked documents from BON) that show the 2005 mustang having 2 engine options per level (2 V6s, 2 V8s GT and 1 Cobra 5L engine)
Obviously a lot of things changed, and the 3v 4.6 was created and done.

Now the same can be said for the 2010+
Remember, it was SUPPOSED to have the BOSS 5.8 and/or 6.2.
So we find outselves again with things changed halfway through the game.

Can things still change?
Absolutely... but at THIS point in the timeline, it would be STUPID.
It's coming...
I don't like the taste of crap either
Old 11/25/08, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

So what we have here is a quandary:

The T50 'Cammer 5.0 that Ford sells in crates costs mucho denero. The R50 version of the T50 'Cammer that equips the FR500C and the FR500GT4 is nearly twice the denero as the T50 in a crate.

The Hurricane/Boss/EcoBoost/Coyote/Whatever 5.0L is shrouded in mystery, except that it has greater bore spacing to make it possible to offer bigger displacements than can be achieved via the 4.6L/5.4L blocks.

The days of the big blocks are numbered--and maybe the days of the manufacturers who produce them as well...

All this seems to be counterproductive, or otherwise at odds one with another: a new engine whose only known advantage is greater bore spacing at a time when survival may hinge on producing vehicles whose mileage figures are higher than any figures even an extremely advanced 5.0 or 5.0+ V8 could probably ever achieve.

Any thoughts as to how a 5.0L engine in this environment can manage to escape the corporate axe?

Greg "Eights" Ates
Old 11/25/08, 11:18 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Eights
Any thoughts as to how a 5.0L engine in this environment can manage to escape the corporate axe?
People will buy it. That tends to help.
Old 11/25/08, 11:21 AM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

compared to a 6.2-7.0 LS engine, the 5.0 is the smallblock, heck i think GM still considers the LS a smallblock
Old 11/25/08, 12:05 PM
I Have No Life

The Hurricane/Boss/EcoBoost/Coyote/Whatever 5.0L is shrouded in mystery, except that it has greater bore spacing to make it possible to offer bigger displacements than can be achieved via the 4.6L/5.4L blocks.
Greg "Eights" Ates
Greg... ya gotta stop grouping those names together....
Boss/Hurricane and 5L(code: coyote) are completely unrelated
The only thing they have in common, is # of cylinders.

It won't have to escape the corp. axe...
its the future V8...

Its the 4.6 and 5.4 that will eventually have their lights shine dimmer.
They'll be missed, but the more efficient more powerful and more fuel economic 5L variants will shine.

Last edited by Boomer; 11/25/08 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11/25/08, 12:57 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

It's supposed to have direct injection which will give it fuel economy slightly better then the 4.6 liter V8!

So what we have here is a quandary:

The T50 'Cammer 5.0 that Ford sells in crates costs mucho denero. The R50 version of the T50 'Cammer that equips the FR500C and the FR500GT4 is nearly twice the denero as the T50 in a crate.

The days of the big blocks are numbered--and maybe the days of the manufacturers who produce them as well...

All this seems to be counterproductive, or otherwise at odds one with another: a new engine whose only known advantage is greater bore spacing at a time when survival may hinge on producing vehicles whose mileage figures are higher than any figures even an extremely advanced 5.0 or 5.0+ V8 could probably ever achieve.

Greg "Eights" Ates
Old 11/25/08, 01:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I'll give you one reason why it WILL come out. Think about this, Ford spend Millions on the development on the motor, and Millions on testing and such. To have the motor be basically "ready" then to cancel it, would be a waste of all that capital that went into the program. Its one thing to cancel a project before the money really gets used, but to cancel a program when the item is about a year from going on sale is bad business. They'll come out with it, so they can make money with it, and get money back into the company.
Not to say the 5.0L isn't coming out, but this isn't far fetched in today's automotive climate. All three are struggling for capital.

Quick Reply: will 2011 have the 5.0 for sure?? how sure?