2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 9/27/14, 08:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Installed MMD hood Struts as well as SHR push button start kit.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-image-2449432931.jpg  
Old 9/27/14, 10:10 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Moejoe_989
Installed MMD hood Struts as well as SHR push button start kit.
How's the wiring of that button, joe?
Old 9/27/14, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
How's the wiring of that button, joe?
I'm "somewhat" mechanically inclined. Took my an hour for the hood struts, which was the estimated time that AM said. Most of that time was spent removing and putting the new brackets in the correct locations because I put them in the wrong place at least twice.

For the install for the push button start, that took me 4 hours.
That was time spent looking for the last screw to remove the steering wheel column, and trying to find the appropriate wire for the parking brake ground.

All-in-all, the directions were clear, but could have used a little more info. I will hopefully do a write up tonight, but sadly no pictures so maybe I'll make a quick video?

Pros: -I think it was worth the headache in the end; definitely adds a cool factor to the car and it's kind of unique.
-you still need to use the key (no one can "easily" steal it)
Cons: -you still need to use the key. (Annoying, but I just tell people it's because I have the silver key and red key (ford track key) so I couldn't go keyless. If I went keyless then if probably lose out in the ability to use the track key.
-a ***** taking off the airbag.

Some tips:
Have your seats pushed all the way toward the rear.
Have a great flashlight.
Completely remove the glove box door.

Regards,
Joe
Old 9/28/14, 10:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Installed the Laguna Seca gauge pod (SpeedHut gauges).
Old 9/28/14, 12:03 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Took the green machine out finally after not driving it for over 2 weeks.
Felt awesome. Car is fast and strong and gets compliments EVERY single time I take her out. Awesome.
Old 9/29/14, 07:09 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Moejoe_989
I'm "somewhat" mechanically inclined. Took my an hour for the hood struts, which was the estimated time that AM said. Most of that time was spent removing and putting the new brackets in the correct locations because I put them in the wrong place at least twice.

For the install for the push button start, that took me 4 hours.
That was time spent looking for the last screw to remove the steering wheel column, and trying to find the appropriate wire for the parking brake ground.

All-in-all, the directions were clear, but could have used a little more info. I will hopefully do a write up tonight, but sadly no pictures so maybe I'll make a quick video?

Pros: -I think it was worth the headache in the end; definitely adds a cool factor to the car and it's kind of unique.
-you still need to use the key (no one can "easily" steal it)
Cons: -you still need to use the key. (Annoying, but I just tell people it's because I have the silver key and red key (ford track key) so I couldn't go keyless. If I went keyless then if probably lose out in the ability to use the track key.
-a ***** taking off the airbag.

Some tips:
Have your seats pushed all the way toward the rear.
Have a great flashlight.
Completely remove the glove box door.

Regards,
Joe
Looks great Joe... but I think that's a little too much work I'd want to tackle right now. As you know, I went mod crazy this year But who knows, maybe a winter project?

Originally Posted by Varilux
Looks fantastic. If it weren't for my roush vent gauge pod for boost, I'd probably add the LS pod, for boost, AF, and oil pressure??? hmmm

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Took the green machine out finally after not driving it for over 2 weeks.
Felt awesome. Car is fast and strong and gets compliments EVERY single time I take her out. Awesome.
Awesome Tony. I took her out yesterday and drove her today at work too. I love it when people crane their necks to see my car as I pass them. Love it.

p.s. probably going to store her for the season this weekend... dipping into the 40's / high 30's for a low.
Old 9/29/14, 02:59 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Awesome Tony. I took her out yesterday and drove her today at work too. I love it when people crane their necks to see my car as I pass them. Love it.
p.s. probably going to store her for the season this weekend... dipping into the 40's / high 30's for a low.
Yeah,.....it's a great feeling indeed.
Really?? Going to start storing her already? What if you get some nice days out here and there? You know you're going to want to rip it up! lol
Old 9/29/14, 05:56 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Yeah,.....it's a great feeling indeed. Really?? Going to start storing her already? What if you get some nice days out here and there? You know you're going to want to rip it up! lol
True. But then I'd have to detail her again, in the cold, prior to storage. We will see. I just hate Midwest weather. Ugh
Old 9/30/14, 10:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Varilux
Looks great!
Old 9/30/14, 01:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Went for a Joy ride during lunch with a Car Club member and work buddy. He has a 550hp Evo X. Rode in his car. Then rode in mine. Neither of us had done that before. Pretty cool. Oh and Burton I plan on flooding the forum with Daily snow day pics of the Mistress for you.
Old 9/30/14, 04:56 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

True. But then I'd have to detail her again, in the cold, prior to storage. We will see. I just hate Midwest weather. Ugh
Yeah,....I hear ya bro. The Northeast isn't that much better. Sucks.
lol
Old 10/1/14, 11:14 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
Went for a Joy ride during lunch with a Car Club member and work buddy. He has a 550hp Evo X. Rode in his car. Then rode in mine. Neither of us had done that before. Pretty cool. Oh and Burton I plan on flooding the forum with Daily snow day pics of the Mistress for you.
Steve don't you dare.
Old 10/1/14, 01:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Oh I dare. Too bad there is an error with the app so I can't post pics from my phone. LOL

I won Mustang of the Month for September by the way. Thanks to everyone who voted.
Old 10/1/14, 01:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Oh I dare. Too bad there is an error with the app so I can't post pics from my phone. LOL I won Mustang of the Month for September by the way. Thanks to everyone who voted.
I voted for you
Old 10/2/14, 12:13 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thanks.
Old 10/2/14, 12:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Oh I dare. Too bad there is an error with the app so I can't post pics from my phone. LOL I won Mustang of the Month for September by the way. Thanks to everyone who voted.
Go to the App Store and download IB Autogroup. It's the parent company of all these car/truck forum apps.

Then search under cars; mustang source is the first option. Enter your login credentials and bam!
No more problems with uploading photos.
Old 10/2/14, 10:46 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
IB owns TMS as well? I'm a mod on a couple of their other sites. I didn't know that. Either way I signed up for a new account (same screen name though).

Last edited by VIP1; 10/2/14 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10/3/14, 03:43 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Went to the last Cops and Rodders cruise nite of the season in Hackettstown NJ. Sadly, there seemed to be some looming weather so the turnout was light.

Worst part was that I drove both ways with the top up. It's going to be a long and lonely winter starting in November when it goes into hibernation.

But there's another cruise event that continues until Halloween, and at least one more show, so I'm stretching this as long as I can.
Old 10/3/14, 08:18 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Today I installed a Roush front splitter, and two days ago I had a set of black GT500 replica wheels (from American Muscle) installed.

Old 10/3/14, 09:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by John H
Today I installed a Roush front splitter, and two days ago I had a set of black GT500 replica wheels (from American Muscle) installed.
Lookin good!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?