2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Very nice. Congrats and enjoy!
Old 10/2/16, 04:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Grip
Purchased a 2014 oxford white GT 6spd "Track Pack" has brembo's, 3.73 gears, 275 wide rear tires, recaro seats and the rest of the things. Has 25k miles.

This is my first mustang (been many in my family, but this is the first one ive owned)

Today i filled it up with 91 octane and took a drive in the mountains during a good rain.

Got back from my drive and removed the front plate bracket, then ordered oxford white bumper plugs.
Congrats! Definitely need pictures. Would also like to here your opinion of the car and what modifications you have planned, if any. Hope you enjoy it!
Old 10/2/16, 05:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
wow... you have a 2013 and it died on you already? How many miles on her? Do you drive her in winter? I've had mine since fall/winter of 2012, and batter is still good/in the green.
Having worked at O'Reilly for a couple years in college, I can tell you, at least from my experience, that there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason when it comes to battery life. I saw people come in with 10-year-old cars with perfect batteries and people with two-year-old cars with batteries going bad.
Old 10/3/16, 06:35 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Absolutely nothing.
I haven't done anything with my car in 2 week now.
Maybe you should sell it then, Tony
Old 10/3/16, 06:36 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Having worked at O'Reilly for a couple years in college, I can tell you, at least from my experience, that there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason when it comes to battery life. I saw people come in with 10-year-old cars with perfect batteries and people with two-year-old cars with batteries going bad.
That's true. Our other car years ago, battery died after just a couple years or so.
Old 10/3/16, 10:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
subtle touches/changes are the best after cheap ones.
The "ROUSH" paint started to came off my calipers thanks to my power washer and OCD with washing:

Found a place on eBay overseas that sells high temp vinyl brake caliper decals. Sent them the ROUSH logo with the size and color I wanted. Scraped off the old paint with a plastic trim tool and various solvents trying not to hurt the powder coated calipers, and installed:

Color match is pretty close to the green on the car from ROUSH....

Now I need to figure out a way to remove the rust and keep it off the square bolt heads around the rotors.

Last edited by MADSCOTSMAN; 10/3/16 at 10:30 AM.
Old 10/3/16, 10:49 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
Calipers look great. Is there a high temp clear you could use on the bolts? I'd think you could clean them with some attachment on a Dremel, but not sure how to seal them afterwards.
Old 10/3/16, 02:40 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Maybe you should sell it then, Tony
LOL
What's funny is,........I haven't updated the thread in over a month () and it's still getting hits! TONS of people are checking it out. The post count goes up every day. lol

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
ROUSH!!!
Nice car and colors bro.
Old 10/3/16, 03:12 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
subtle touches/changes are the best after cheap ones.
The "ROUSH" paint started to came off my calipers thanks to my power washer and OCD with washing:

Found a place on eBay overseas that sells high temp vinyl brake caliper decals. Sent them the ROUSH logo with the size and color I wanted. Scraped off the old paint with a plastic trim tool and various solvents trying not to hurt the powder coated calipers, and installed:

Color match is pretty close to the green on the car from ROUSH....

Now I need to figure out a way to remove the rust and keep it off the square bolt heads around the rotors.
great upgrade man. I like it. I'm surprised you were able to "scrape" off the existing Roush paint without hurting the calipers. Nice work!
Old 10/3/16, 05:21 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,126 Likes on 808 Posts
Originally Posted by Grip
Purchased a 2014 oxford white GT 6spd "Track Pack" has brembo's, 3.73 gears, 275 wide rear tires, recaro seats and the rest of the things. Has 25k miles.

This is my first mustang (been many in my family, but this is the first one ive owned)

Today i filled it up with 91 octane and took a drive in the mountains during a good rain.

Got back from my drive and removed the front plate bracket, then ordered oxford white bumper plugs.
Congrats! Sounds like you found a very nice one. Enjoy!
Old 10/3/16, 05:34 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,126 Likes on 808 Posts
Well I have driven it some. Love to drive it, and storage time coming fast.

Took it in to the dealer after finding my left front marker light was loose, not too bad, but not tight like the drivers side. Warranty runs off in a couple weeks so need to get these little things all cleaned up. While I was there they ordered by air bag fix. Hope to get those to items taken care of soon.

While there got to talk with the mechanic who has worked on my car. He was all into a lightly used 2016 GT350 (5500k) they had just got in. He was pushing me pretty hard to take it out. They would not let me, still in detail. Must have just gotten it in. Avalanche and Black stripes. Hope it is still there when I go back in. May have to take a little drive.

Any way. Found out he was hoping I would trade so he could get his hands on my car. Said he would rather have mine than the GT350... Nice. Liked that.
Old 10/4/16, 07:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Found out he was hoping I would trade so he could get his hands on my car. Said he would rather have mine than the GT350... Nice. Liked that.
Must be nice to have your car wanted like that. The Ford dealer here will barely offer me 10k for my car because of the airbag recall they claim. They want nothing to do with my car, yet I see many people including some salesmen all looking at my car. Oh well...

I have been leaving my car in the garage lately. Wiping it down here and there. Preparing for my trip to NC and the tail of the dragon. Going up there for a week to drive all of the famous roads there. Having a second car helps tremendously on keeping the miles off the mustang. The damage has been done though since I have 57k miles on it now.
Old 10/4/16, 12:52 PM
I Have No Life

^ what's the deal with the low offer for an airbag recall? If it's recalled, and you did the recall/repair, what's the issue? Makes no sense... maybe you can explain why they are claiming that. Weird.
Old 10/4/16, 02:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
^ what's the deal with the low offer for an airbag recall? If it's recalled, and you did the recall/repair, what's the issue? Makes no sense... maybe you can explain why they are claiming that. Weird.
They do it because they can.
It's the whole "buy low, sell high" taken to a whole new level.
Old 10/4/16, 02:17 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Gabe
They do it because they can.
It's the whole "buy low, sell high" taken to a whole new level.
Yeah, that's crazy. Because I also just did the airbag recall on my 2012. So what's that mean, they're going to low ball me on the trade because I had it done? It was Ford's issue, and now its dealers are low balling customers on trade value for an issue caused by the manufacturer? Lol... that's stupid. Maybe it should be lower for people who did NOT do the recall. I can see that.

Heck my new Infiniti just got a couple of recalls - I haven't had time to take it in yet, so does that mean mine's worth 10k less?

You're right thought Gabe - this is the new low. I'm riding my bike henceforth.
Old 10/4/16, 02:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by killaz05
I have been leaving my car in the garage lately. Wiping it down here and there. Preparing for my trip to NC and the tail of the dragon. Going up there for a week to drive all of the famous roads there.
Did that trip in July. The Dragon is definitely cool and you should do it...but it's covered with cars, bikes and cops and it's all you can do to get beyond 3rd gear. I did basically the whole thing in 3rd. When you get to the south end of it and see the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort, hop on Hwy 28 and keep going south. That's called the Moonshiner and it is, no exaggeration, the most fun I've ever had in a car on public roads. Drove it the 30 or so miles down to Franklin, NC and it actually goes another 70 miles or so beyond that. 55 MPH speed limit the WHOLE time, very little traffic, and an unbelievable set of sweeping curves and straights. 3rd through 5th gears.

The one I really want to do but didn't have time for is the Snake, which starts up in Bristol, TN. Something like 485 curves in 35 miles.

Have a ton of fun!
Old 10/4/16, 07:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts

Heck my new Infiniti just got a couple of recalls - I haven't had time to take it in yet, so does that mean mine's worth 10k less?

Was it to update the GPS so it finds malls quicker?
Old 10/4/16, 08:46 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Gabe
Was it to update the GPS so it finds malls quicker?
You know it Gabe. In fact she's there with the wifey now lol
Old 10/5/16, 07:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kylerohde
Did that trip in July. The Dragon is definitely cool and you should do it...but it's covered with cars, bikes and cops and it's all you can do to get beyond 3rd gear. I did basically the whole thing in 3rd. When you get to the south end of it and see the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort, hop on Hwy 28 and keep going south. That's called the Moonshiner and it is, no exaggeration, the most fun I've ever had in a car on public roads. Drove it the 30 or so miles down to Franklin, NC and it actually goes another 70 miles or so beyond that. 55 MPH speed limit the WHOLE time, very little traffic, and an unbelievable set of sweeping curves and straights. 3rd through 5th gears.

The one I really want to do but didn't have time for is the Snake, which starts up in Bristol, TN. Something like 485 curves in 35 miles.

Have a ton of fun!
I have actually done the Dragon last year but I only stayed there for a weekend so it was a short visit. I am going for a week this year to really enjoy the area.

I am coming from FL and I am staying in Fontana Dam Resort which is off of Moonshiners 28, so I start in Franklin, NC and work my way through Moonshiners to get to the Resort. I mostly keep it in second to third to keep the RPMs relatively high since I have the v6. I am curious to see how my car comes back from this trip since right after my last trip, my transmission blew up.

I highly recommend this trip to everyone with a Mustang because even when I went for a weekend, it was a blast!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the trade in thing, well Brandon Ford doesn't have any used 2011-2014 Mustangs on the lot. They claim they can't sell them because of the safety recall. It is odd since they started fixing 2011-2012 Mustangs. Mine isn't available to be fixed yet. I know dealers are out to make money but I was willing to buy a brand new F-150 or Mustang GT for a monthly payment of 700.

I was going to trade in the Mustang and my Outlander Sport. They wanted to give me a total of 10k for each car. I still owe on both and their value doesn't come close to what I owe. The Mustang dropped in value hard. The Outlander I can see since it is what it is, but I expected more from a Mustang.

So I am going to keep both until both are paid off and at that time trade the Outlander for an F-150. Just have to have patience.
Old 10/5/16, 07:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ordered a boss 302 shift ****, alcantera shift boot and e brake boot, and a ford performance oil filter.

Looking into coilovers now. After its lowered...intake, LT headers, H pipe and cat back exhaust of some kind, and a tuner (BAMA) most likely.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?