Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/16, 07:05 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by imeyers302
Yeah, a coyote with 9lbs of boost and 600whp is an extremely fast street car. Extremely.
On that point, people keep asking me how well I could do in the quarter mile and 0 to 60 times. I keep telling them that I'd never race or drag, but I would think a very capable driver in my car or a similar car could do mid to high 10s for 1/4 and high 3 seconds in both. Keep in mind that I have drag radials as well. Would I be that far off in that assumption?

Last edited by FromZto5; 9/21/16 at 09:08 AM.
Old 9/21/16, 07:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
On that point, people keep asking me how well. I could do in the quarter mile and 0 to 60 times. I keep telling them that I'd never race or drag, but I would think a very capable driver in my car or a similar car could do mid to high 10s for 1/4 and high 3 seconds in both. Keep in mind that I have drag radials as well. Would I be that far off in that assumption?
Definitely not far off. And probably pretty accurate. I prefer max handling to all out traction so I will probably never be able to use the 600whp in 1st or 2nd gear. Have replaced just about every suspension part on the car. Wanted to make it able to handle the power before adding the supercharger. Did Steeda sports, Steeda HD strut mounts, steeda upper and lower control arms, bmr relocation brackets, steeda watts link, steeda sway bars, steeda g brace and x brace, mgw race spec shifter, and a DSS carbon driveshaft. It handles the power with ease. Working on a wheel and tire setup at the moment but the stock 255 P Zeros are holding up pretty good. 1st is usless and 2nd gear is spin city once the boost comes on but it holds third gear no problem. Probably going with a 295 michelin PSS for the rears.

Last edited by imeyers302; 9/21/16 at 07:34 AM.
Old 9/21/16, 09:17 AM
I Have No Life

Definitely not far off. And probably pretty accurate. I prefer max handling to all out traction so I will probably never be able to use the 600whp in 1st or 2nd gear. Have replaced just about every suspension part on the car. Wanted to make it able to handle the power before adding the supercharger. Did Steeda sports, Steeda HD strut mounts, steeda upper and lower control arms, bmr relocation brackets, steeda watts link, steeda sway bars, steeda g brace and x brace, mgw race spec shifter, and a DSS carbon driveshaft. It handles the power with ease. Working on a wheel and tire setup at the moment but the stock 255 P Zeros are holding up pretty good. 1st is usless and 2nd gear is spin city once the boost comes on but it holds third gear no problem. Probably going with a 295 michelin PSS for the rears.
Yeah that's a good idea - upgrade your tires asap! For reference, I drove my buddies Pony with a similar blower Maggie setup like mine, but he was putting down about 615whp to 625whp on STOCK 255 Pirellis all around. He was running 12lbs of boost on a similar setup. But I tell you what, compared to mine/my setup, it felt like he had much less power because I was spinning like CRAZY. 1st, 2nd, and some of 3rd were pretty much useless. I run 305 drag radials on mine, with Steeda springs and Koni yellows, and I hook WAY better than he does. And I even think my Nitto DR's SUCK. I'm switching to MT ET Streets next go around, or maybe even Toyo R888's (problem is those Toyos don't come in 305 20's).
Old 9/21/16, 09:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah that's a good idea - upgrade your tires asap! For reference, I drove my buddies Pony with a similar blower Maggie setup like mine, but he was putting down about 615whp to 625whp on STOCK 255 Pirellis all around. He was running 12lbs of boost on a similar setup. But I tell you what, compared to mine/my setup, it felt like he had much less power because I was spinning like CRAZY. 1st, 2nd, and some of 3rd were pretty much useless. I run 305 drag radials on mine, with Steeda springs and Koni yellows, and I hook WAY better than he does. And I even think my Nitto DR's SUCK. I'm switching to MT ET Streets next go around, or maybe even Toyo R888's (problem is those Toyos don't come in 305 20's).
Thats part of the reason I chose a Centrifugal over a PD. Much easier to launch and control wheelspin without drag radials.
Old 9/21/16, 10:20 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
Thats part of the reason I chose a Centrifugal over a PD. Much easier to launch and control wheelspin without drag radials.

That's why I chose the ProCharger too...I already had enough torque stock to roast the tires off the line.
Old 9/21/16, 11:29 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
On that point, people keep asking me how well I could do in the quarter mile and 0 to 60 times. I keep telling them that I'd never race or drag, but I would think a very capable driver in my car or a similar car could do mid to high 10s for 1/4 and high 3 seconds in both. Keep in mind that I have drag radials as well. Would I be that far off in that assumption?

What's stopping you from taking the car to a track? Almost every track has a street test/tune night where anyone can bring any street car and race. I've done it a few times in mine, always fun!
Old 9/21/16, 02:46 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Besides id1000 injectors, brisk spark plugs and a VMP bap, no. No internal upgrades yet. Only pushing 9lbs of boost right now. Plan on doing forged rods, pistons, and possibly cnc heads next season and upping the boost.
Awesome bro! I'm liking the Procharger more and more I see and read about them.

Yep same as me. No internal mods. Just doing about 9 - 9.5 lbs of boost, 600whp. I'm stopping there until I decide to either go all out on the car or leaving as is then investing in another toy.
If you get another toy Burton, do you have a big enough garage for all of them? You're lucky if you do!

Plus, I do believe the centri is a lot less tress on the engine as well.
Old 9/22/16, 05:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Awesome bro! I'm liking the Procharger more and more I see and read about them.

Plus, I do believe the centri is a lot less tress on the engine as well.
Yeah, I am not knocking PD blowers in any way but if you search for coyote motors that blew with superchargers, almost all of them were PD blowers. Most with an 82mm pulley or smaller which I believe is about 10lbs of boost. Their shining advantage of tons of torque at low rpm is very hard on rods, etc...
Old 9/22/16, 06:08 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
If you get another toy Burton, do you have a big enough garage for all of them? You're lucky if you do!
Funny you ask that. We're actually getting the house ready for sale in spring. Buying a used/Building a new 4 or 5 car garage house. Plus a drain so I can wash all year round. Plus heated so snow and winter is no issue with washing. Plus tall, so I can fit a lift. So knock on wood, hopefully all goes well.

Yeah, I am not knocking PD blowers in any way but if you search for coyote motors that blew with superchargers, almost all of them were PD blowers. Most with an 82mm pulley or smaller which I believe is about 10lbs of boost. Their shining advantage of tons of torque at low rpm is very hard on rods, etc...
Yeah, I read/researched that too when I was debating which route to go. I still decided on a Roots blower because I wanted that immediate torque. I also knew I would never race, track, or abuse the car in any fashion. Running "low" to mid boost was planned as well, knowing that I would never run more than 10 lbs of boost. Lastly, the install - at that time, the install I read on the Pro and Vortecs "seemed" to be more involved. I was a rookie back then, so I was intimidated with complex installs. Obviously knowing what I know now, it was super easy, and I'd take on anything now. Who knows, I may go PD on the next.
Old 9/22/16, 06:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, I read/researched that too when I was debating which route to go. I still decided on a Roots blower because I wanted that immediate torque. I also knew I would never race, track, or abuse the car in any fashion. Running "low" to mid boost was planned as well, knowing that I would never run more than 10 lbs of boost. Lastly, the install - at that time, the install I read on the Pro and Vortecs "seemed" to be more involved. I was a rookie back then, so I was intimidated with complex installs. Obviously knowing what I know now, it was super easy, and I'd take on anything now. Who knows, I may go PD on the next.
Bottom line is you can't go wrong with either a PD or Centrifugal blower setup. Either one is going to completely change the car into an animal. Both are a lot of fun. PD for their instant hit or the way a Centri builds power and just keeps pulling harder and harder and never let's up. With a solid tune and under 10lbs of boost the car should live a long time with either setup and be a hell of a lot of fun.
Old 9/22/16, 06:56 AM
I Have No Life

Bottom line is you can't go wrong with either a PD or Centrifugal blower setup. Either one is going to completely change the car into an animal. Both are a lot of fun. PD for their instant hit or the way a Centri builds power and just keeps pulling harder and harder and never let's up. With a solid tune and under 10lbs of boost the car should live a long time with either setup and be a hell of a lot of fun.
Agree!

btw, does the Procharger whine like a Whipple? I think from what I heard from a guy who has one locally, it sounds more like an airplane jet engine...sucking in air He just rev'd it for me at a local car show.
Old 9/22/16, 07:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Agree!

btw, does the Procharger whine like a Whipple? I think from what I heard from a guy who has one locally, it sounds more like an airplane jet engine...sucking in air He just rev'd it for me at a local car show.
Definitely not. The sound is completely different. I have the helical gears in my Procharger so it's a little quieter than one without. There is a slight whine at idle, enough to let you know something is there, but when into boost its more like a jet as you said. Plus when you let off you have the whoosh sound from the bypass valve which depending on the bypass valve chosen can be a little loud to obnoxiously loud.
Old 9/22/16, 07:42 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
My i-1 has a nice idle whine if it's in competition mode (changes the CVT ratio to simulate a small pulley for boost off the line.) A quick rev to 4K will make a nice woosh from the BOV when you let off. As others stated, at WOT, it's more like a jet.
Old 9/22/16, 08:01 AM
I Have No Life

Definitely not. The sound is completely different. I have the helical gears in my Procharger so it's a little quieter than one without. There is a slight whine at idle, enough to let you know something is there, but when into boost its more like a jet as you said. Plus when you let off you have the whoosh sound from the bypass valve which depending on the bypass valve chosen can be a little loud to obnoxiously loud.
Originally Posted by SpectreH
My i-1 has a nice idle whine if it's in competition mode (changes the CVT ratio to simulate a small pulley for boost off the line.) A quick rev to 4K will make a nice woosh from the BOV when you let off. As others stated, at WOT, it's more like a jet.
Very interesting... so it's almost like a Turbo sound, rather than a traditional SC sound. Probably sounded like my twin turbo RX7 I had back in the day, when the BOV hisses pssssshhhhhhhhhh... I miss that car.
Old 9/22/16, 08:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Very interesting... so it's almost like a Turbo sound, rather than a traditional SC sound. Probably sounded like my twin turbo RX7 I had back in the day, when the BOV hisses pssssshhhhhhhhhh... I miss that car.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FYiQDqvD33Q

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v5GD8T1Xwd4

Last edited by imeyers302; 9/22/16 at 09:11 AM.
Old 9/22/16, 10:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,528 Likes on 1,046 Posts
... so it's almost like a Turbo sound, rather than a traditional SC sound. . . . .
it is basically a belt-driven turbocharger
Old 9/22/16, 11:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bert
Exactly!
Old 9/22/16, 01:09 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Bert
Exactly!
That makes total sense... I never thought of it that way. lol. Duh. So rather than exhaust gas driven like a turbo is, it's belt driven off the crank.
Old 9/22/16, 03:11 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Yeah,....them PD blowers are great. Just need to make sure your engine can take the abuse!! lol
I'm pretty sure it goes,...turbo, then centri, like Procharger, and then the TVS as far as fastest for the S550 Mustangs.

Funny you ask that. We're actually getting the house ready for sale in spring. Buying a used/Building a new 4 or 5 car garage house. Plus a drain so I can wash all year round. Plus heated so snow and winter is no issue with washing. Plus tall, so I can fit a lift. So knock on wood, hopefully all goes well.
That's killer Burton! Good luck sir!
Old 9/23/16, 08:01 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Replaced the battery. Last oil change they said it looked like a bad cell on the original battery (June 2012). And I noticed yesterday the ammeter was only showing 13.5 volts cruising and pretty much stayed there.

It started hard this morning. Then I stopped for gas after 30 highway miles. It almost didn't start, and the electronic was strange; reset the radio and no compass.

Stopped by O'Reilly and tester said battery dead. Replaced it and all is fine now!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?