Received 2,139 Likes on 1,720 Posts
Very nice indeed, and they definitely look OEM factory
The following users liked this post:
BackroadGT (4/30/16)
Old 4/30/16, 08:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by VidPro
Nothing. I did nothing to my Mustang today or for the past 2.5 weeks. It's still in the shop getting a new harness and other stuff that rats decided was part of a well-rounded meal.
You're putting that through your insurance, right?
Old 5/1/16, 04:59 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
I cleaned broken glass off my Mustang.

Weirdest thing happened. Went into the garage last lite to put away a few tools I had laying around the house. I noticed some white stuff on my 'vert roof and hood. Huh? Bird crap? No way. The car hadn't been out of the garage in two days. Even if it had, I'd have noticed something.

Turns out a light bulb in the garage door opener exploded....not just burnt out...it friggin' exploded!!!! I've never had a light bulb explode before. I spent the next hour gently using masking tape and a small hand-held vac for the larger pieces and a blower for the tiny glass dust. Most of the glass slid down the windshield and accumulated in the plastic cowl area. Some of it was in the hood extractors. Often times I leave the roof down in the garage....that would have really sucked.

No scratches thankfully, but what a pain in the ****.
Old 5/1/16, 06:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14

Weirdest thing happened. Went into the garage last lite to put away a few tools I had laying around the house. I noticed some white stuff on my 'vert roof and hood. Huh? Bird crap? No way. The car hadn't been out of the garage in two days. Even if it had, I'd have noticed something.

Turns out a light bulb in the garage door opener exploded....not just burnt out...it friggin' exploded!!!! I've never had a light bulb explode before. I spent the next hour gently using masking tape and a small hand-held vac for the larger pieces and a blower for the tiny glass dust. Most of the glass slid down the windshield and accumulated in the plastic cowl area. Some of it was in the hood extractors. Often times I leave the roof down in the garage....that would have really sucked.

Glad it didn't scratch your paint or cut the top. Seems like some force of nature is always trying to get our cars dirty. The worst is right after you detail it and all the birds in the world try to put their mark on it.
Old 5/1/16, 08:31 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
That is a pain in the ***. Good thing you had the top up.
I think the sexiness of the TRIPLEBLACK Mustang made the bulb explode.
Old 5/1/16, 10:25 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
I like your reasoning.
Old 5/1/16, 10:32 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
I like your reasoning.
That is a pain in the ***. Good thing you had the top up.
Old 5/2/16, 10:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Changed the engine oil and filter, put in some fresh Amsoil 5W50 and a new Wix filter.
Looked up the mileage at the last change, it was exactly 3775 miles ago, almost exactly a year ago.
I'm pissed I'm not driving her more ... will have to make up for that this year.

Name:  20160502_LOF_35800mi.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  251.2 KB

Name:  Amsoil5W50.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  188.2 KB
Old 5/3/16, 03:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Today I finally picked up the intake tube, strut tower covers, and the fuse box cover from the hydro dip place, got all the parts re-installed, and fired it up.
Had to re-install the old throttle body for now since I still haven't been re-tuned for it, but that's properly scheduled for later this month.
Autocross this Saturday!

Name:  20160503_engine1.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  309.1 KB
Old 5/3/16, 09:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Today I finally picked up the intake tube, strut tower covers, and the fuse box cover from the hydro dip place, got all the parts re-installed, and fired it up.
Had to re-install the old throttle body for now since I still haven't been re-tuned for it, but that's properly scheduled for later this month.
Autocross this Saturday!

Nice man!

I'm heading to Thunderhill on Saturday to ride shotgun with my mechanic that does most my suspension and brake work. He drives a track-prepped MR2. He wants me to take my car out, but I wanted to ride with him first to see how the process is. The following week my club is doing Fast Fords in Sacramento - kinda the NorCal version of Fabulous Fords Forever. I plan to AutoX my car at that event! I've never done any kind of competitive driving with the car, so I'm excited and nervous lol.
Old 5/3/16, 09:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Nice man!

I'm heading to Thunderhill on Saturday to ride shotgun with my mechanic that does most my suspension and brake work. He drives a track-prepped MR2. He wants me to take my car out, but I wanted to ride with him first to see how the process is. The following week my club is doing Fast Fords in Sacramento - kinda the NorCal version of Fabulous Fords Forever. I plan to AutoX my car at that event! I've never done any kind of competitive driving with the car, so I'm excited and nervous lol.
Thanks Patrick!

Autocross is fun for sure ... we didn't do it at all last year, with the house renovation and the move going on ...
Old 5/4/16, 07:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Autocross this Saturday!

Gabe are you going to add a battery and master cylinder cover?

John
Old 5/4/16, 08:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Horspla
Gabe are you going to add a battery and master cylinder cover?

John
I have them, they're black and gonna leave them that way. Only using them for bigger shows ... They're both off for now since I have autocross scheduled this Saturday, they'll be inspecting those areas and I don't want heat building up in the brake fluid and clutch fluid area
Old 5/4/16, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I have them, they're black and gonna leave them that way. Only using them for bigger shows ... They're both off for now since I have autocross scheduled this Saturday, they'll be inspecting those areas and I don't want heat building up in the brake fluid and clutch fluid area

Gotcha. Black would be my choice too lest it should get too wild and colorful under the hood! The hydro dipped parts do look nice though.
Old 5/4/16, 10:54 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Well... I did the unthinkable today. After a year or so of planning/saving, I went ahead and literally just ordered my Kooks parts [LTH's, Quad hiflow green cat/H pipe, side pipes]. Of course I did this all with the wifey's (i.e. the boss) blessing.

It's my final "big" mod - sans replacing stock internals or a new motor. Marilyn is finally complete, bolt-on wise.

Parts come in 10-15 days, so hopefully by end of the month she will be all installed.
Old 5/4/16, 03:10 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Well... I did the unthinkable today. After a year or so of planning/saving, I went ahead and literally just ordered my Kooks parts [LTH's, Quad hiflow green cat/H pipe, side pipes]. Of course I did this all with the wifey's (i.e. the boss) blessing.
It's my final "big" mod - sans replacing stock internals or a new motor. Marilyn is finally complete, bolt-on wise.
Parts come in 10-15 days, so hopefully by end of the month she will be all installed.
Very nice!!
Going to sound awesome and give you some more power as well. Side pipes for the win! Are you planning on replacing the stock internals at some point Burton and going more boost and powaahh??
Old 5/5/16, 07:33 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
You're putting that through your insurance, right?
Yeah it's covered. They shop says they have the harness installed and they are waiting for the padding to get there so they can finish it. I'm hoping by tomorrow I get the call to pick her up.
Old 5/5/16, 08:04 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Very nice!!
Going to sound awesome and give you some more power as well. Side pipes for the win! Are you planning on replacing the stock internals at some point Burton and going more boost and powaahh??
thanks Tony! Not at this point - only if the engine implodes or explodes, then I'll forge it then or go with a new crate motor. But who knows, maybe I still will upgrade all that before then. lol. But I do have my eyes on a Shelby in a few years or the new ZL1 or an M3
Old 5/5/16, 11:25 AM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,139 Likes on 1,720 Posts

Uh-oh, we're all in trouble now Burton Jk.. Anyway congrats and don't forget to do something really special for your wife, as she really deserves it

-Rocky
Old 5/5/16, 11:44 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
But I do have my eyes on a Shelby in a few years or the new ZL1 or an ATS-V
fixed.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?