Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The Wait is OVER! The 2010 Mustang GT contest WINNER

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/09, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Especially when you don't know what they are doing and haven't even been able to build it yet. I have no dates or idea what the next step is!
Old 1/7/09, 10:12 PM
Cobra Member

not to sound dumb, but do you only have that one guy you mentioned above as a contact?
Old 1/8/09, 09:11 PM

Umm, yup. Pretty much. She is doing a wonderful job seeing as how she has to be the one dealing with Ford and they are "quite busy" and not too worried about my priorities. I feel for her as she has to be the one going back and forth between me and Ford.

I did finally get some info though!!! They wanted to know where I wanted it delivered so they could talk to the owner of that Ford and get the ball rolling. It seems I will have an allowance that they will cover and anything above and beyond that will be mine cost to cover. No problem what so ever!!!

I will have to work directly with the owner of the Ford dealership to build and spec it my way and handle all the remaining finances. It's a good thing I know the owner here in Daytona!

I will most certainly update you all as I find more info out. Thanks for all you kind words and any questions you all have I will be happy to answer.

PS-- I'm considering asking if it's possible to use that allowance towards a 2010 GT500 and just finance the remainder. I'm not sure if they will allow it so I'm not going to get my hopes up. How sweet would that be if they could!?
Old 1/8/09, 09:19 PM
Cobra Member

wow...if they would do that it would be sweeeeeeet....but I don't know how good the chances are...
Old 1/8/09, 09:45 PM

The way I was thinking is, I have to deal directly with the Ford dealer for all my ordering and specs and stuff. So, why would it matter what I use the allowance on, so long as it's a Mustang? I don't see why they wouldn't let me do it, but like I said, I'm not getting my hopes up either.
Old 1/8/09, 09:48 PM
Cobra Member

yeah, good point
Old 1/8/09, 09:51 PM

Anyone else think that it would be wrong of me to get a GT500 instead of the GT that is listed in the prize package? I feel like I'm taking advantage of the situation and feel a little guilty for even thinking it. Anyone else feel that?
Old 1/8/09, 10:43 PM
Bullitt Member

If that is what you want, then go for the GT500, it never hurts to ask. If they are just giving you a cash allowance, it really shouldn't matter which Mustang you get. I would be careful however, as the local dealer will know exactly how much allowance you get, and may try to charge you too much for the GT500. Now if you could get the GT500 at X-Plan pricing, I think you would be ok since they couldn't screw with the price. It is a win-win either way, either you get a GT500 for the price of a used car, or you get a GT for free so no problem either way. Good luck!
Old 1/9/09, 02:05 AM

Well, both the dealer and myself know how much Ford is giving me. I also have a cousin and uncle who both work for Ford Truck plant in Kentucky, so they could get me a pin, or I could just buy stock like I've wanted to for a while anyway. Whichever. So, I'm still stuck (before I get the answer to my question) as to whether or not to try and get the GT500 on X-Plan with the allowance and finance the remainder, or get a GT for completely free, minus any additional costs and TTL.

I should host a poll, ya think?
Old 1/9/09, 02:29 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ice Hawk
Anyone else think that it would be wrong of me to get a GT500 instead of the GT that is listed in the prize package? I feel like I'm taking advantage of the situation and feel a little guilty for even thinking it. Anyone else feel that?
I don't think so, you could have taken a cash prize winning too right. so anyone could have won that and just spent on anything or took the car and sell it. Spending your own money to upgrade your prize is perfectly fine. Think of it as adding mods to it. Same thing except they are factory mods.
Old 1/9/09, 06:12 PM

I LIKE your thinking Knight! So far, no reply on my request to upgrade, but I will sure let you know when I learn something.