Notices
Introductions Who You Are and What You Drive

Hi from Boulder

Old 7/10/15, 11:35 PM
  #1  
Cobra Member
Thread Starter
 
Ecostang's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 10, 2015
Location: Boulder
Posts: 1,102
Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts
Hi from Boulder

Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum although I have posted on some gt500 forums in the past. I'm a ford addict, also a mustang addict. I currently have in the stable 4 mustangs- 2014 gt500, 2004 cobra vert, 1997 cobra, and my project car which is a 2010 mustang. My DD is a 2013 fx4 supercrew f150 ecoboost which I love as much as my mustangs, I love the ecoboost engine so much I decided to use it in my project car.

I have all the parts to do this job, low mile 2010 candy red mustang, 20k mile f150 3.5 ecoboost engine, 6 speed mt-82, looking for a 8.8 rear end. I'll be buying the control pack August 1st when they are finally available. I joined this forum to share the build experience and also hopefully get some help with a few of the more complex aspects of the project...epas being one of them. After I get it running I will start modding the engine....with a full on 4.0 stroker kit in mind one day. After all the suspension is changed I want to autocross the car, I think it will be a blast with the massive amounts of torque from the ecoboost at low rpm.

There are some really creative intelligent people posting on this forum, hopefully you guys will be interested in my project and can share with me some of your wisdom!

Stephen
Attached Thumbnails Hi from Boulder-image.jpg  

Last edited by Ecostang; 7/10/15 at 11:38 PM.
Ecostang is offline  
Old 7/11/15, 12:01 AM
  #2  
Mach 1 Member
 
LEXiiON's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 29, 2012
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 786
Likes: 0
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Ecostang View Post
Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum although I have posted on some gt500 forums in the past. I'm a ford addict, also a mustang addict. I currently have in the stable 4 mustangs- 2014 gt500, 2004 cobra vert, 1997 cobra, and my project car which is a 2010 mustang. My DD is a 2013 fx4 supercrew f150 ecoboost which I love as much as my mustangs, I love the ecoboost engine so much I decided to use it in my project car.

I have all the parts to do this job, low mile 2010 candy red mustang, 20k mile f150 3.5 ecoboost engine, 6 speed mt-82, looking for a 8.8 rear end. I'll be buying the control pack August 1st when they are finally available. I joined this forum to share the build experience and also hopefully get some help with a few of the more complex aspects of the project...epas being one of them. After I get it running I will start modding the engine....with a full on 4.0 stroker kit in mind one day. After all the suspension is changed I want to autocross the car, I think it will be a blast with the massive amounts of torque from the ecoboost at low rpm.

There are some really creative intelligent people posting on this forum, hopefully you guys will be interested in my project and can share with me some of your wisdom!

Stephen
Hi Stephen,
We should chat. The EPAS is pretty easy. If your control pack comes without the EPAS connection, I have built a harness for it, that I won't need. I am in Erie, so we can help each other out pretty easy. I am doing a swap on my 2010, too. PM me..
LEXiiON
LEXiiON is offline  
Old 7/11/15, 12:08 AM
  #3  
Cobra Member
Thread Starter
 
Ecostang's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 10, 2015
Location: Boulder
Posts: 1,102
Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts
2010 mustang project car

This is my project car, 8k original miles glass roof.
Attached Thumbnails Hi from Boulder-image.jpg  
Ecostang is offline  
Old 7/11/15, 12:15 AM
  #4  
Cobra Member
Thread Starter
 
Ecostang's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 10, 2015
Location: Boulder
Posts: 1,102
Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by LEXiiON View Post
Hi Stephen,
We should chat. The EPAS is pretty easy. If your control pack comes without the EPAS connection, I have built a harness for it, that I won't need. I am in Erie, so we can help each other out pretty easy. I am doing a swap on my 2010, too. PM me..
LEXiiON
Hi Lexiion

I actually joined this forum after reading your posts, I was hoping we could chat about this project. I saw you mentioned Denver in one of your posts, I thought you were in CO. What even more interesting is that my company is in Boulder but I actually live in Frederick, 5 miles from Erie. Small world lol. I'll send you a pm tomorrow, thanks for replying!

Last edited by Ecostang; 7/11/15 at 12:17 AM.
Ecostang is offline  
Old 7/11/15, 05:14 AM
  #5  
FR500 Member
 
TripleBlack14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 22, 2014
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Posts: 3,241
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Welcome aboard Stephen. I admire you and all those members here who have the talent and knowledge to be able to do the heavy lifting on Mustangs and other vehicles. Many of us, myself included, lift with our checkbooks.

Hope to see more of your project.
TripleBlack14 is offline  
Old 7/11/15, 09:06 AM
  #6  
Cobra Member
Thread Starter
 
Ecostang's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 10, 2015
Location: Boulder
Posts: 1,102
Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14 View Post
Welcome aboard Stephen. I admire you and all those members here who have the talent and knowledge to be able to do the heavy lifting on Mustangs and other vehicles. Many of us, myself included, lift with our checkbooks.

Hope to see more of your project.
Thanks tripleblack that's a really nice thing to say. I'm certainly not a professional mechanic mostly just A little brave and kinda crazy lol. My job is very stressful and these kinds of projects keep me from losing my mind. By your name we defintely have something in common, black is my favorite color too!
Ecostang is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
unnoticedtrails
General Mustang Chat
3
2/20/14 09:16 PM
tukatz
Off-Topic Chatter
0
2/14/14 07:59 PM
unnoticedtrails
2005-2009 Mustang
2
11/12/09 11:46 PM
unnoticedtrails
General Vehicle Discussion/News
2
9/16/08 08:53 AM
unnoticedtrails
2007-2009 Shelby GT500
2
6/7/06 07:00 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hi from Boulder


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.