Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Two items I'm still not decided on...

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/10, 02:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eci
Hm voice activated, always ready, high res 7" screen tied into audio system or a smartphone while driving....hmmm....
Bluetooth integration?
Old 4/28/10, 02:03 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
I'm still thinking this whole order through and I've come to the final points that are still under consideration:

1 - Electronics Package - At $2400, it's a lot of money for a nav that I have via phone or Garmin, a hard drive I'd rarely use, HD radio, which would be nice, and dual zone climate control that would also be a nice luxury/upscale feature. That would lower my payment by at least $40 alone, and it wouldn't be a waste if I left it off. On the other hand, I do want it and I think it's a great setup for the car, and cleans up the center stack a lot. I like how seamless that system is, and the screen works well in the cars I've driven.

2 - Interior seat color - I was originally going to do black/cashmere, but now I'm giving the GB stripe a second look. Just not sure if going with a colored stripe vs. a neutral color is something I'd want to live with every day (mind you, the car will be Kona blue).

Just throwing this out for discussion and some other views on each topic. Discuss.
Two very personal decisions that are really up to you man.

1. The EP is nice. Way nicer than any Garmin and way more integrated than any aftermarket Pioneer or Alpine just like eci said. At this stage in my life I would get it, even though the car wouldn't be a daily driver for me. Gadgets are always cool and I don't feel like piecing together yet another aftermarket system that'll I'll end up spending $4k or more on. So if you can swing it, I'd get it.

2. This one is much tougher. Not sure about Grabber stripes inside a Kona car. Maybe white. But even then I would not. I'd stick with the black/cashmere on the dark blue Kona. FWIW. I think those grabber stripes in 5 years won't be as appealing as they are to you right now.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 4/28/10 at 02:32 PM.
Old 4/28/10, 02:04 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by RedWings
Bluetooth integration?
Audio over bluetooth is dogcrap. I also like to look at the screen. If you can drive and look at a little cell phone screen in your hand while driving be my guest.
Old 4/28/10, 02:04 PM
Bullitt Member

what is vhr?
Old 4/28/10, 02:05 PM
eci
Banned

vehicle history report.
Old 4/28/10, 02:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

And for #2 I personally wouldn't go with the GB stripe. But thats just me and I like things simple yet feature filled. Thats why I want a Sterling Gray with spoiler delete, 19" premium painted wheels, and a nice tint job.
Old 4/28/10, 02:07 PM
Bullitt Member

oh yea. i forgot bout that.

ill wiegh in with my opinion. the electronics package is nice but not worth 2k.

i would go with cashmere.
Old 4/28/10, 02:10 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by trick25
oh yea. i forgot bout that.

ill wiegh in with my opinion. the electronics package is nice but not worth 2k.

i would go with cashmere.
I'd pay $3k for it. Maybe more. Totally sets off the car and makes it perfect. Screw the shaker 500 and 1000 and that dim lit, tiny display.
Old 4/28/10, 02:10 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eci
Garmin SUCKS. So does TomTom, Magellan, and the rest. If you like little 4.3" screens with spotty voice recognition, lousy speakers, sure, go for it. The system in the electronics package is far better bar none.
I got a Garmin as a gift, and I really don't need nav much as I know where I'm going. The 10% of the time I do need directions or traffic, I have a phone and/or the portable nav unit in a pinch. I do agree with the other points, like voice integration that I like.

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Overboost, consider the Eleck Pkg is more than just Nav. It's sports score, gas prices, weather, etc. Of course not eveyone will use those features but I sure will...
I forgot about the Travel Link service. I need to find out how much that costs per month after the trial runs out.

Originally Posted by eci
NP!

Seriously though man, I have used them ALL. The system in the 2010+ kills them. Flawless operation, perfect voice recognition via sync, total integration, much higher resolution, much larger, the works. Screw hacking up your center console to put in some aftermarket stuff.

Plus, nothing says "BREAK MY WINDOW" like an expensive aftermarket in dash GPS unit.
I won't go aftermarket in the dash. I'd stick with the portable unit in a hidden spot until I need it. No reason to invite thieves with an aftermarket HU.

I'm still leaning on having both. This is a car I plan on keeping for a while, so these are things I want, not need. I'm pretty much set on black/cashmere as the interior color, although I'd prefer an all black or black/grey combo.
Old 4/28/10, 02:11 PM
Bullitt Member

your opinion. ill respect it. as you do mine.
eci
Banned

Overboost I use the Nav on car cruises, and when I decide to just go drive 500 miles. I love taking all the little roads that pop up.

Don't forget the 7" Phone display either with your contacts, phone dialer, call history. I leave my phone in the center console.

Last edited by eci; 4/28/10 at 02:12 PM.
Mach 1 Member

So is the elec package essentially the 500 shaker with the LCD screen and all the extra goodies? Or is it a different system from the 500/1000 shaker setups?
Old 4/28/10, 02:16 PM
GT Member

I think I prefer the perforated seats that come standard on the Premium models. I want to like the stripes, but I think I prefer leather that breathes better.
Old 4/28/10, 02:20 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by RedWings
So is the elec package essentially the 500 shaker with the LCD screen and all the extra goodies? Or is it a different system from the 500/1000 shaker setups?
It's a Shaker 500 with LCD, HDD and a crapload of useful apps that do everything from find you the closest/cheapest gas and movie theaters to enabling dual climate controls, on-screen dialing for your phone and more. I don't think I'd want to order a new car and NOT get this. Cool beans, man!
Old 4/28/10, 02:22 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by trane
I don't think I'd want to order a new car and NOT get this.
This. I won't ever buy another new car unless it has this or better. Seriously.
Old 4/28/10, 02:23 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by trane
I think I prefer the perforated seats that come standard on the Premium models. I want to like the stripes, but I think I prefer leather that breathes better.
Same here!
Old 4/28/10, 02:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yea i've been sold on the elec package from the beginning and I just can't see ordering the car w/o it. I spend A LOT of time in my car each day (35mi commute each way) so it'll be used.
Old 4/28/10, 02:27 PM
Bullitt Member

I wanted the clean install the Electronics Package gave me for the navigation.

I have XM Radio and GPS in my car now, both aftermarket installs. Wires EVERYWHERE I tell you. With the built-in Sirius and Navigation, those days are gone. The only wire I'll need is the Ipod cable once the HD is full of music The wires just add more "clutter" to the car that I'm not fond of.
Old 4/28/10, 02:36 PM
GT Member

#1. I debated over the e-pkg for a long time, even got a TOM-TOM wide screen at a very good price but it is not as nice as my large computer screen with garmin. I anticipate the built-in nav unit to be much better. So I did change my order to include it.
Also, even though it is not a big car, I wanted the dual zone comfort controls. I spend most of any time in the car freezing my toes off because my wife is always too warm. This way I hope to get a little personal comfort. Heated seats I've never had but look forward to trying.

#2. Black/cashmere for sure over GB.
Old 4/28/10, 03:05 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm going against the grain here, but I'd take the Grabber Blue stripes. I guess I'm just a colorful guy.

Quick Reply: Two items I'm still not decided on...