2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Toronto dealer recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/10, 01:46 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by NIXTANG
Ooops, my bad! Sorry about that. It's been awhile......

Why don't you upgrade to a 2011 GT? That's what I did!
I'm waiting
moreso because of finances...just not ready... but the future is bright!
Old 8/22/10, 09:38 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a short update: I went to Donway Ford on Eglinton and had a pretty good experience with Larry. He took me for a test drive in a white GT/CS coupe. Afterwards I ordered a red candy GT coupe. With employee pricing I got a 7200 discount. Probably could have gotten more since I suck at haggling, but I am pretty happy with it.

So far it has been great. They sold 9 cars that day. At least one other couple was looking at a Mustang.
Old 8/22/10, 10:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Looks like you already found one. I was going to give a +1 to Bill at Heritage Ford.
When it comes down to it you will find good and bad stories from people for the same dealer.

Anyways. Congrats on the new ride. Check out GTAMC for some local Mustang nuts.
Old 8/22/10, 10:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by romendo
Just a short update: I went to Donway Ford on Eglinton and had a pretty good experience with Larry. He took me for a test drive in a white GT/CS coupe. Afterwards I ordered a red candy GT coupe. With employee pricing I got a 7200 discount. Probably could have gotten more since I suck at haggling, but I am pretty happy with it.

So far it has been great. They sold 9 cars that day. At least one other couple was looking at a Mustang.
if it helps,i was told that there's nothing more they can take off ontop of employee discount...it's well below invoice...with 7k off you must have loaded it up? what options did you get? btw congrats!
Old 8/22/10, 12:45 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by R3troGT
Looks like you already found one. I was going to give a +1 to Bill at Heritage Ford.
When it comes down to it you will find good and bad stories from people for the same dealer.

Anyways. Congrats on the new ride. Check out GTAMC for some local Mustang nuts.
Heritage Ford is a bit far from where I am. At least Donway Ford is a bit closer - plus it is close to our favourite supermarket.

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
if it helps,i was told that there's nothing more they can take off ontop of employee discount...it's well below invoice...with 7k off you must have loaded it up? what options did you get? btw congrats!
What can I say? I am geek and like my toys. So I got:

Red Candy GT coupe
Premium interior (black/cashmere)
Brembo package
Glassroof
HID
Rearview camera
Navigation system

Car should come sometime in October.

The dealer said that on the employee pricing they get 4% commission from Ford. He gave me a few hundred bucks off. I am happy with that. I never thought I'd get a loaded GT. When I first looked at a Mustang I was happy with a 2010 V6 but then I heard about the 5.0...

I guess there are good and bad experiences with every dealership. It was a pretty painless experience and can only recommend them so far. I also like that they upgrade the dealership after having been in business for 52 years.
Old 8/22/10, 11:32 PM
Cobra R Member

interesting...he gave you a few hundred off ontop of employee discount???

maybe because you loaded it up...........

your pre interior...does that make the seats have a blue center section? (im playing with ford.ca)
Old 8/23/10, 06:07 PM
V6 Member

Yes, he did give me a bit off the employee pricing (plus delivery allowance). It was about 350 bucks.

I had a hard time deciding which colour to get - both exterior and interior. I kind of wanted a red interior but that is only available in gray and silver (didn't consider black, white, race red, grabber blue, or yellow), which are a bit too plain for my taste.

Ford's web site really sucks when it comes to figuring out which colours work together - they don't even list all four premium interior combinations. When you play with the configurator first select the exterior colour and then the interior one. If it deselects the exterior colour it is not available.

From what I can tell Red Candy comes only with the cashmere stripe - no blue or red. I would recommend the American configurator. The only combination that we don't get in Canada is the kona blue / red interior which I wanted.