Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

For those with cold air intakes and no tune...

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/14, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its crazy how ,money these companies want for CAI $200-500 dollars. And they dont do much if any for power over the stock air intake. Talked to our local speed shop they tested a bunch of the CAI's and most hp gain they have seen is 8hp. For your bang for the buck a CAI aint worth it. Some of the top named ones made next to nothing. If you want the sound pull the baffles out of your sound tube. For performance Just cap off your sound tube and run the stock system. IMO
Old 6/3/14, 03:16 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
I think im going to return the intake and get the Roush axlebacks... everybody seems to love them so much and its probably for good reason too.
GET THE ROUSH!

Get so many fcking compliments its ridiculous.

My town (central florida) is pretty muscle car centric and evry time we do road rallies or little car meets everyone thinks I have some extensive exhaust setup and just go googly eyes when I rev... they're always surprised when I tell them I just have axlebacks. Luuuls
Old 6/3/14, 11:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo
GET THE ROUSH!

Get so many fcking compliments its ridiculous.

My town (central florida) is pretty muscle car centric and evry time we do road rallies or little car meets everyone thinks I have some extensive exhaust setup and just go googly eyes when I rev... they're always surprised when I tell them I just have axlebacks. Luuuls
Name:  BSqHMPx.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  508.3 KB

cant wait to get these thrown on
Old 6/4/14, 09:55 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,126 Likes on 808 Posts
Im tempted to get the Roush axlebacks...

Do it! Love mine.
Old 6/4/14, 10:02 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,126 Likes on 808 Posts
Nice move. Love my Roush exhaust. Get lots of complements and I don't understand that others feel they are raspy. I love the rumble, and it can be softer if you don't have your foot in it. Cruising down the highway, I can have a conversation with my wife. But, I do turn the radio off a lot to hear the car roar. Love it!

Last edited by shaneyusa; 6/4/14 at 10:03 PM.
Old 6/4/14, 11:38 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Nice move. Love my Roush exhaust. Get lots of complements and I don't understand that others feel they are raspy. I love the rumble, and it can be softer if you don't have your foot in it. Cruising down the highway, I can have a conversation with my wife. But, I do turn the radio off a lot to hear the car roar. Love it!
Just got it put on today and man is it loud LOL.

Was driving around downtown today and everybody was just turning their heads glaring.
Old 6/5/14, 06:32 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just got it put on today and man is it loud LOL.

Was driving around downtown today and everybody was just turning their heads glaring.

any regrets? you can be honest, its your input.
Old 6/5/14, 06:44 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Id say best baseline mods to do in order would be gears, intake, exhaust, tune.
I had an intake in my 02 gt and it really deepened the tone and improved throttle response
Old 6/5/14, 09:23 AM
V6 Member

Personally I just like the looks of a CAI in my engine compartment.
Old 6/5/14, 11:40 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
any regrets? you can be honest, its your input.
I would not say regrets but i honestly did under estimate how loud these things are. There is no quiet operation with them. Even shifting at 2.5k rpm everybody will turn their heads and look.

Especially driving downtown with the sound bouncing off the concrete and surrounding buildings. Im pretty sure i woke up every single crack head within a 5 block radius.

Its funny though because allot of the ricers no longer want anything to do with me, its as if the sound makes them think twice about trying to act hard in their honda civics.
Old 6/5/14, 11:58 AM
Cobra Member

Oh and i probably should mention that i smashed a half tank of fuel yesterday "cruising" around
Old 6/5/14, 12:50 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I would not say regrets but i honestly did under estimate how loud these things are. There is no quiet operation with them. Even shifting at 2.5k rpm everybody will turn their heads and look.

Especially driving downtown with the sound bouncing off the concrete and surrounding buildings. I'm pretty sure i woke up every single crack head within a 5 block radius.

Its funny though because allot of the ricers no longer want anything to do with me, its as if the sound makes them think twice about trying to act hard in their honda civics.
Thats good! as long as you'll be happy with them! I once too had an Ractive full exahaust on my one of my integra's with 2.5" piping. The stupid exhaust cost me a fortune and it was LOUD no matter what shifting points i was going through. I was ALL Chome and looked beautiful from the underneath, but I regretted doing all of that. I probably have pictures of the car at home still. it was definitely one of my ricer days hahahahaha! I was planning on turbocharging it but after dropping so much money into it, i sold it and never bothered.

those mufflers I'm sure sound great, but I think that I'd get tired of it, I dunno.... in my experience, i wouldn't buy anything like that without hearing them first, that was my lesson from 15 years ago.

On the upside, you no longer have the temptation from ricers anymore
Old 6/5/14, 01:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Especially driving downtown with the sound bouncing off the concrete and surrounding buildings. Im pretty sure i woke up every single crack head within a 5 block radius.

That's my only problem with the Roush mufflers, people probably think i'm getting on the gas when i'm really taking it easy. Love them though.
Old 6/6/14, 12:06 AM
Cobra Member

This was a text i just got from one of my friends...

I was going down a main road, and the suburb of his neighborhood is about 1-2 miles away.

Name:  ZZ7jojr.png
Views: 229
Size:  79.1 KB