Sponsored By:

performance pack

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/14, 05:50 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
performance pack

Hello Ladies and Gents,

This is going to be the quickest and shortest life a thread has ever seen. I know that this is going to be a "yes" or "No" response. I believe that its a "No" response but, I figured I would still throw this out there and see if anyone with experience knows this!

When you get the performance pack on a V6 or GT, does this extras that your get with it include a factory tune with "performance enhanced tweaks" that is difference from the mustang that were not ordered with the Performance pack?

I'm pretty sure that it isn't, I wasn't able to find any solid proof that it is or isn't which is why I'm bringing this up. I also searched the forum and didn't easily find an answer.
Old 6/5/14, 06:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The answer is NO.
Old 6/5/14, 06:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the GT, the GT Brake Package (55D) gives you the Brembo's, the wheels and the suspension tweaks, and the Track Package (55R) adds the Torsen diff, 3.73's, Boss oil cooler and Boss radiator to the brake pack. No changes to engine or transmission.

Sorry I don't have the specifics on the Performance Package on the V6 but from what I remember reading, it's the same sort of thing. Brake/suspension upgrades, engine/trans remain the same.

55D Specifics: http://brembo50.com/Default.aspx?pageId=1130035
55R Specifics: http://dirtyhipporacing.com/2013/02/...y-part-number/
Old 6/5/14, 06:12 AM
Cobra Member

That's too bad and just as I suspected.

considering how much feedback is received by anyone who has gone with an custom tune and how much "alive" the car becomes after that, its too bad that Ford hasn't added something like this to that performance pack.
Old 6/5/14, 06:16 AM

As a 2014 V6 owner I'd consider the performance package in hindsight. The front oversteers a fair bit on the standard model and could do with a firm up. I was put off by the 19" wheels and stiffer ride as my car is a daily driver. However, I doubt it would be much worse.

Just something to consider if looking at the V6.
Old 6/5/14, 06:30 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by lakeguy77
On the GT, the GT Brake Package (55D) gives you the Brembo's, the wheels and the suspension tweaks, and the Track Package (55R) adds the Torsen diff, 3.73's, Boss oil cooler and Boss radiator to the brake pack. No changes to engine or transmission.

Sorry I don't have the specifics on the Performance Package on the V6 but from what I remember reading, it's the same sort of thing. Brake/suspension upgrades, engine/trans remain the same.

55D Specifics: http://brembo50.com/Default.aspx?pageId=1130035
55R Specifics: http://dirtyhipporacing.com/2013/02/...y-part-number/
Yeah - I was aware about the suspension tweaks and "unique upgraded brakes" and other extras along with wheels and other hardware upgrades. I was actually referring to the ECU.

Originally Posted by Bob554234
As a 2014 V6 owner I'd consider the performance package in hindsight. The front oversteers a fair bit on the standard model and could do with a firm up. I was put off by the 19" wheels and stiffer ride as my car is a daily driver. However, I doubt it would be much worse.

Yeah, I got the performance pack and am going to drive it as a daily commuter. I think that the refinement you get from the hardware tweaks in the performance pack, will just make the drive that much better IMO. This is of course subjective to who you ask. In my test drive vehicle, I only drove a V6 Auto (Blah) Premium version and was found the ride very soft and was really smooth. I'm looking for a little bit stiffer I haven't had 19's before, but i have driven on 40 series tires before as a daily commuter and I thought it was great!
Old 6/5/14, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Yeah, I got the performance pack and am going to drive it as a daily commuter. I think that the refinement you get from the hardware tweaks in the performance pack, will just make the drive that much better IMO. This is of course subjective to who you ask. In my test drive vehicle, I only drove a V6 Auto (Blah) Premium version and was found the ride very soft and was really smooth. I'm looking for a little bit stiffer I haven't had 19's before, but i have driven on 40 series tires before as a daily commuter and I thought it was great!
I was too focused on the daily driver bit and felt the V6 premium package was good enough. Guess I didn't rip the car enough on the test drive. .

Like I said. If I were ordering again, I'd probably go performance package. Too late now. lol
Old 6/5/14, 06:39 AM
Cobra Member

Guess I didn't rip the car enough on the test drive. .

Like I said. If I were ordering again, I'd probably go performance package. Too late now. lol

hehehehehehe,I think that, that's why they didn't let me take out their GT models (it was the only manual gearbox's they had). Heck, if they did, I may have been sold on a GT instead!! I REALLY wanted to test drive a manual gearbox but ended up test driving an V6 auto and then placing a build order with manual trans. They likely new that I was going to rip it up and down those back roads
Old 6/5/14, 07:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned, but the Perf Pack and Brembo/Track Packs do include a unique calibration to the ESC to let you have a little bit more fun before the nannies kick in. It's not anything ECU related, but at least it let's you have a little wheelspin before cutting the power.
Old 6/5/14, 07:55 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned, but the Perf Pack and Brembo/Track Packs do include a unique calibration to the ESC to let you have a little bit more fun before the nannies kick in. It's not anything ECU related, but at least it let's you have a little wheelspin before cutting the power.

Oh! I did not know this and thanks for bringing this up. This is the sort of thing that I was also looking for. Its too bad though that they didn't let loose a bit with a "more aggressive" tune on the ECU though. It should be a given that if someone ORDERS the "Performance Package" they want a little give more out of the cars performance and by the sounds of it, aftermarket tunes have a huge impact on the car driveability with very little impact on causing any issues...
Old 6/5/14, 07:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Oh! I did not know this and thanks for bringing this up. This is the sort of thing that I was also looking for. Its too bad though that they didn't let loose a bit with a "more aggressive" tune on the ECU though. It should be a given that if someone ORDERS the "Performance Package" they want a little give more out of the cars performance and by the sounds of it, aftermarket tunes have a huge impact on the car driveability with very little impact on causing any issues...
Agreed. The Perf/Brembo/Track Pack should *come* with the Track Key with a more aggressive tune built in.
Old 6/5/14, 08:23 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
I got a 2014 GT TP and I think it's worth it just for the stiffer springs and brakes. Really changes the handling of the car. All the other Boss goodies are just an added bonus. Then again twice a year I track my car. So I appreciate the Brembos, Torsen, and Boss radiator/oil cooler.
My buddy has a GT premium without the Brembos, and it's like driving a different car. A lot more roll, less acceleration (3.31 vs 3.73) and overall a lot less composed.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 6/5/14 at 08:24 AM.
Old 6/5/14, 08:45 AM
GT Member

Do you mean understeer? Oversteer is when the back tires lose traction first and understeer is when the fronts lose traction first.
Old 6/6/14, 01:57 PM
GT Member

^ I'd say my V6 premium/MCA oversteers too...quite unsettling since I've never had a car that does that before. I'm still not certain it isn't something partly in the traction control etc. nannies, just haven't had the chance to check as it's not something I enjoy intentionally doing. You can feel the back end wobbling around a bit. Easy enough to avoid doing it, but you get on the gas when the stock Zero Neros aren't pointed almost straight ahead and they're useless for grip at the front and rear. IMO/E.

Last edited by cfraser; 6/6/14 at 01:59 PM.
Old 6/6/14, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by cfraser
^ I'd say my V6 premium/MCA oversteers too...quite unsettling since I've never had a car that does that before. I'm still not certain it isn't something partly in the traction control etc. nannies, just haven't had the chance to check as it's not something I enjoy intentionally doing. You can feel the back end wobbling around a bit. Easy enough to avoid doing it, but you get on the gas when the stock Zero Neros aren't pointed almost straight ahead and they're useless for grip at the front and rear. IMO/E.
I'm not all that familiar with the options or Performance Pack on the V/6, but I assumed that it had the 3-way adjustable power steering mode, as does my GT. Setting it in the least sensitive position (Sport) on a twisty road doesn't necessarily take out any over-steer, but slowing the input does result with the same effect. Great tool and I set mine according to the conditions. In town, curvy road, etc.
Old 6/6/14, 02:43 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Laserred you are spot on..

There is a different tune.The suspension is totally different, Look under the car and then look at the Ford Performance book. I was wanting to order the new suspension parts and they are already there. LOl It has the BOSS 302 suspensions arms and goodies. Also the tune is totally different. I am betting there is more that Ford is not telling anyone.

Anyone how knows a tuner and has the equipment to look at the ECM will know.

I love the Track Pack.
Old 6/6/14, 03:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
Laserred you are spot on..

There is a different tune.The suspension is totally different, Look under the car and then look at the Ford Performance book. I was wanting to order the new suspension parts and they are already there. LOl It has the BOSS 302 suspensions arms and goodies. Also the tune is totally different. I am betting there is more that Ford is not telling anyone.

Anyone how knows a tuner and has the equipment to look at the ECM will know.

I love the Track Pack.

you would think though that if there was something enhanced with the ECU with Ford with the performance packs, they would tell us. they would have nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing so!

My understanding is that car manufacturers really make most profits on packages and such on selling cars.

Last edited by JoeMidnight; 6/6/14 at 03:20 PM.
Old 6/6/14, 03:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
I got a 2014 GT TP and I think it's worth it just for the stiffer springs and brakes. Really changes the handling of the car. All the other Boss goodies are just an added bonus. Then again twice a year I track my car. So I appreciate the Brembos, Torsen, and Boss radiator/oil cooler.
My buddy has a GT premium without the Brembos, and it's like driving a different car. A lot more roll, less acceleration (3.31 vs 3.73) and overall a lot less composed.
I love my track pack, but I'm still not that happy with the suspension. It was worth it for everything else though - I'm going to swap it all out for the FR adjustable set.
Old 6/6/14, 03:29 PM
Cobra Member

that's cool. I'm personally not going to alter any of the already upgraded components of the car that I specifically paid to have upgraded. Not unless there is a legitimate need to.... The ONLY things i'm really interested in at this moment is

1- Tints
2- Different shifter
3- Upgrade the clutch line with a better performance one.

This all depends on how I like/dislike the mustang in its current state.
Old 6/6/14, 04:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have loved the Track Pack since I first bought mine but there are some things that I WILL be changing. The stock shocks gotta go. They aren't damped enough, too much pitch, roll, squat, and dive when I'm really getting on it in the twisty parts.

Quick Reply: performance pack