2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Sync 4.4 Update.

Search this Thread

Old 3/24/16, 06:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Me too, still having issue , and have to master reset every 2-3 weeks......

Hope it will get fixed in 4.4 !
Old 3/24/16, 08:23 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Newchamp
Still no E.T.A. on an update? I still have issues with mobile apps. Master reset, pulling SYNC fuse, different phones, nothing seems to work. Just wondering?
Originally Posted by Dineau
Me too, still having issue , and have to master reset every 2-3 weeks......

Hope it will get fixed in 4.4 !

Hey Newchamp & Dineau,

Appreciate your patience! We still haven't gotten any new information. Please continue to check your Owner account.

Shaay

Last edited by FordIVTteam; 3/24/16 at 08:31 AM.
Old 4/3/16, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey Newchamp & Dineau,

Appreciate your patience! We still haven't gotten any new information. Please continue to check your Owner account.

Shaay
Hi Shaay, I see a new update was recently released, for my '13 Stang. I'm having issues trying to get SYNC to see the update however. I have tried 3 different USB sticks, one of which was used to hold and play my music, so I know it was a good USB stick. Each time I get to the Install Application option, it says no files were found, check they are in the root directory.,
They are, I followed the listed steps and downloaded the update to drive C first, unzipped it, copied the 2 files and one folder, never works tho. Tried the steps listed here which are a little different than the SyncMyRide website, but everything atill says the same thing, there is nothing to update. Any suggestions? I do not want to pay a dealer to update SYNC, so that is not an option :-)
Old 4/3/16, 08:10 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Hades, it looks like a similar issue that I had when I (finally) got Sync to update. Here's my story:
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ttempt-538371/
Old 4/3/16, 08:24 PM

Thanks for the reply junkman9096. I have tried to reformat the USB sticks (2 of them), and gotten no further. I'll go try with just turning the key to ACC, not actually start the car, se if anything changes.
Old 4/3/16, 08:38 PM

Well poo, same issue. I'll format again tomorrow and try a few more times. So frustrating!!!
Old 4/5/16, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by hades
Hi Shaay, I see a new update was recently released, for my '13 Stang. I'm having issues trying to get SYNC to see the update however. I have tried 3 different USB sticks, one of which was used to hold and play my music, so I know it was a good USB stick. Each time I get to the Install Application option, it says no files were found, check they are in the root directory.,
They are, I followed the listed steps and downloaded the update to drive C first, unzipped it, copied the 2 files and one folder, never works tho. Tried the steps listed here which are a little different than the SyncMyRide website, but everything atill says the same thing, there is nothing to update. Any suggestions? I do not want to pay a dealer to update SYNC, so that is not an option :-)
Hi hades,

Which system do you have: owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/all/get-started-with-sync/how-to-identify-your-sync-version.html?model

Shaay
Old 4/5/16, 01:37 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
My 2011 GT Premium with Nav was eligible for this update, I did it last year. All improvements noted and working well. I wonder what the reasoning is for some folks not being eligible for this...?
Old 4/5/16, 06:45 PM

Hi Shaay,
I have the basic Sync system, just the radio displays the prompts digitally, no touch screen, NAV, etc. I've followed the steps on the Ford site, and Google searches for how to's, nothing seems to work :-(
I even purchased a new 4 gig USB stick last night, same issue, no files are found via the System Settings/Update Application menu option.
Old 4/6/16, 02:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by PJRManagement
My 2011 GT Premium with Nav was eligible for this update, I did it last year. All improvements noted and working well. I wonder what the reasoning is for some folks not being eligible for this...?
Me too. Only negative is that the number of songs it can handle on a USB device went down so I can no longer search for specific tracks on my iPod that I still keep plugged in at all times.
Old 4/6/16, 06:58 PM

I give up, I tried using my old Windows 7 system, in case Windows 10 did something funky (downloaded, unzipped, copied to USB after each was re-formatted) and still, no files found! I have tried 5 USB sticks, from 2 different computers, none work...
Tried with Fords steps of starting with the USB out, select line in, etc. to having the USB in and going thru the menus, same result on each attempt. Plays mp4's fine tho! Just can utilize my Galaxy S7 text message feature, S6 works fine...
Old 4/7/16, 09:50 AM

Hi hades,

Please send your VIN and the time stamp of the last attempt to download the update in a private message. I'll look into this further.

Shaay
Old 4/7/16, 06:32 PM

Hi Shaay,
PM sent with the info, thanks in advance for your help! :-)
Old 4/8/16, 09:46 AM

Anytime, hades! I'll check your PM shortly.

Shaay
Old 4/10/16, 05:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by hades
I have the exact same issue. I have a 4gig usb stick formatted to fat32 with the unzipped two files and folder, but the system display a "No file found" message when I press Install application. I have tried to format the usb stick on two different computer with the same outcome. I have sent a PM to Shaay with my vin to see. Hades, if it works for you can you please share how you finally managed to install?
Old 4/10/16, 08:13 PM
V6 Member

Anyone having trouble getting the download? I get an error message whenever I tried to simply download it. I used Ford's chat feature and they said that they knew about it but I don't know if anyone else is having the the problem?
Old 4/11/16, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Kotenukimen
I have the exact same issue. I have a 4gig usb stick formatted to fat32 with the unzipped two files and folder, but the system display a "No file found" message when I press Install application. I have tried to format the usb stick on two different computer with the same outcome. I have sent a PM to Shaay with my vin to see. Hades, if it works for you can you please share how you finally managed to install?
Still not able to install, wish I had gotten it to work!
Old 4/11/16, 09:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I will give a last try at reformatting the usb stick. This time I have formatted to FAT32 using a higher Allocation per unit (means that all the files are less compressed in the stick and take more space, but I don't care since the stick has 4 go) and also I have tried this time to format not using the speedy version. I will try tonight to see if the **** car can read my usb stick. I know it's not the usb port's fault, since its works with my other stick where I have all my music, which is usually in usb2 port.

I have followed all instructions perfectly so it must be a compatibility thing between Sync and my usb key, but what?

My next option would be to buy another usb key, but I will try every possible thing before throwing more money in the garbage on another stick that would probably not work either with Sync.
Old 4/11/16, 10:08 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
I am fairly satisfied with how Sync has worked in my car. However, after I installed an Apple Carplay-enabled Alpine unit in my wife's Miata recently, I really wish I could just scrap my system and go that route....or have a Sync update that allowed Carplay to work.
Old 4/11/16, 08:06 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SpectreH
I am fairly satisfied with how Sync has worked in my car. However, after I installed an Apple Carplay-enabled Alpine unit in my wife's Miata recently, I really wish I could just scrap my system and go that route....or have a Sync update that allowed Carplay to work.
I absolutely 100% could not agree more. Unfortunately anything except for sync 3 cannot do it. Have to wait for some aftermarket solution that somehow also lets you control the other things that sync controls like climate

Last edited by jonser; 4/11/16 at 08:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Sync 4.4 Update.