2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Sync 4.4 Update.

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/15, 06:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
The other lousy part I've found now is that my plugged-in iPod with about 3,000 songs on it will no longer fully index. I can play by artist and album but not by track anymore, which is ridiculous. Not thrilled with that but otherwise am happy with it.
Old 4/4/15, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have done the update on my 2011 GT500 with no problems
Old 4/4/15, 09:00 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Yellow Mustang Man
I have done the update on my 2011 GT500 with no problems

Hmm, i need to git er done, just so i can see the song and artist name during bluetooth playback.

Where do you download it from?
Old 4/4/15, 09:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So I updated my sync to 4.4 last night. Few observations so far, when I select bluetooth as the source, it says unknown. When I select Mobile applications/Pandora, it shows the artist/song title, but I can not change the station. To change station, I had to quit Pandora on the phone, start it again, and change the station. Now on the car radio, it won't find Pandora in Mobile Application. I had to unpair/repair the phone before Pandora shows up again in Mobile Application.

Am I doing something wrong or am I missing a step in here?
Old 4/4/15, 09:59 AM

Hey DarrenGT

Here is the web site that you log into. It will let you know if and when you need to do a sync update.

https://owner.ford.com
Old 4/4/15, 12:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dohc97
So I updated my sync to 4.4 last night. Few observations so far, when I select bluetooth as the source, it says unknown. When I select Mobile applications/Pandora, it shows the artist/song title, but I can not change the station. To change station, I had to quit Pandora on the phone, start it again, and change the station. Now on the car radio, it won't find Pandora in Mobile Application. I had to unpair/repair the phone before Pandora shows up again in Mobile Application.

Am I doing something wrong or am I missing a step in here?

after the installation did you turn the car off completely and opened the driver door (to cut power to radio) then tried again? alot of things dont work properly until you cut the power off completely
Old 4/5/15, 01:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

This update has been beast for me. I have a subscription to Beats Music and use Soundcloud and Milk Music regularly, and being able to see whats playing as opposed to having to turn my phone on is great. Also it seems the bluetooth quality has gotten better, but maybe thats my ears? And having the car automatically pick up bluetooth as the last source when i power the car back on saves me a whole lot of time and headaches.
Old 4/5/15, 02:12 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Did the update last night. Seemed like it could have went a lot quicker if all the steps were published. There were a few missing critical steps from the instuctions for my car. I assume that those on 4.2.x would all be similar, but took me a while to find the install application option. Once I got there it was a piece of cake.

Being in software development my opinion is that the install feedback could be much better. Kinda leaves you hanging after the reboot. Could at least tell you it is installing... Maybe there is a limited amount of space or memory or maybe they just did not care.

But anyway it went on without any problems and no issues so far.
Old 4/5/15, 04:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Being in software development my opinion is that the install feedback could be much better. Kinda leaves you hanging after the reboot. Could at least tell you it is installing... Maybe there is a limited amount of space or memory or maybe they just did not care.
Being in software development, you should realize that this system is 6+ years old, and consists of several stacks stitched together, each written by a different company. I count at least Microsoft, Clarion, and Ford. I'm pretty sure the first two haven't touched the code in 6 years. Ever wonder why "4.4" is never displayed anywhere, and why there are at least 4 different screens showing version numbers that don't correlate with each other?
Old 4/5/15, 05:29 PM

Update Information

Still no update for me. I even got a phone call from a Ford representative that said it should be available 3 or 4 days ago. 2012 With the navigation screen. I think I am mostly caught up and looking forward to the BTST data, but can anyone with the navigation screen able to tell me if the backup camera boots any faster? That is probably the only thing I am jealous of on a MFT vehicle is it seems to boot as soon as you open the door and by the time you start and hit reverse it is almost instantaneous. Ours seems to have the ability as there is still power to the Sync unit when the car is off. If you hit the power button with the car off the screen powers on and the time is displayed for a few seconds and then it shuts off. I tried that the other day because that is how you put my wife's MFT car into accessory mode. Also another question I have is when you are on the phone and a text is received is there anyway to not clear the message from the phone until it is actually viewed in the car. It is easy to miss when you are on the phone and if you get out without getting off the phone it is still cleared from the phone even though the car never actually prompted the message. I promise I am appreciative of this update, but it is long overdue.
Old 4/5/15, 08:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by DudeChaos
Still no update for me. I even got a phone call from a Ford representative that said it should be available 3 or 4 days ago. 2012 With the navigation screen. I think I am mostly caught up and looking forward to the BTST data, but can anyone with the navigation screen able to tell me if the backup camera boots any faster? That is probably the only thing I am jealous of on a MFT vehicle is it seems to boot as soon as you open the door and by the time you start and hit reverse it is almost instantaneous. Ours seems to have the ability as there is still power to the Sync unit when the car is off. If you hit the power button with the car off the screen powers on and the time is displayed for a few seconds and then it shuts off. I tried that the other day because that is how you put my wife's MFT car into accessory mode. Also another question I have is when you are on the phone and a text is received is there anyway to not clear the message from the phone until it is actually viewed in the car. It is easy to miss when you are on the phone and if you get out without getting off the phone it is still cleared from the phone even though the car never actually prompted the message. I promise I am appreciative of this update, but it is long overdue.
I have a 12 no nav and also haven't been able to download it. I also received an email saying it was available. I'm glad I'm not alone.
Old 4/6/15, 04:42 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I went from v3.1 to 4.4, my backup camera doesn't boot any faster with the new update. Still 8-15 seconds.....
Old 4/6/15, 02:19 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by rctfenix
Hello, new user here!

I recently just updated to 4.4 Sync Basic and I've run into an issue where if my phone (Samsung Note 3) is connected via Bluetooth and 911 Assist is set to OFF (either with or without reminder) that the Sync system keeps turning the center console on and off repeatedly until you either turn on your radio or disconnect the Bluetooth.
YEP me too. I thought it was working fine but it gets into this flashing loop at start up with my 9810 Blackberry. Worked 100% before, maybe a revert is my future.

Is there a fix or capitulate to 911 ?

Thanks everyone....
Old 4/6/15, 08:54 PM

Please tell me that you have found a fix for your problem. I updated mine over the weekend and everything seemed to be going just fine then, but I only really got to test the bluetooth out tonight and this is exactly what is happening with mine.

2013 V6 Premium, MCA edition trying to connect to a Moto X 1st Gen (2013). Aside from not the best sound quality from the bluetooth and some random disconnects here and there, it worked just fine before the update.

-Phil

Hello, new user here!

I recently just updated to 4.4 Sync Basic and I've run into an issue where if my phone (Samsung Note 3) is connected via Bluetooth and 911 Assist is set to OFF (either with or without reminder) that the Sync system keeps turning the center console on and off repeatedly until you either turn on your radio or disconnect the Bluetooth.

I've tried pulling the Sync fuse, re-installed the 4.4 update and used different phones with the same result. If I leave Bluetooth disabled on the phone, Sync/center console does not exhibit this issue. This seems like a software bug that managed to get through the release patch, has anyone else observed this issue since updating?

The video below is exactly what is happening and the documentation of what does/doesn't trigger it. It seems like Sync is attempting to alert the driver that 911 Assist is set to off, but because all audio is off, the notification is cancelled and tries again over and over (the previous build would always play the notification even with the radio/AUX turned off fully.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVCbDUOEU9U

What has been documented:

- If bluetooth is disabled, Sync runs fine.
- If the radio/AUX is left on, even if muted, the 911 Assist alert displays/plays correctly
- If bluetooth is enabled and the radio/AUX is left off, the 911 Assist goes through an on/off loop cycle that does not end.
- The On/Off cycle can be "broken" by turning on the radio/AUX.
- If you turn on the radio/AUX quick enough, the 911 Assist alert will display/play correctly.
Old 4/6/15, 09:39 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the same year with nav did you use the right vin to register?
Old 4/7/15, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by philennium
Please tell me that you have found a fix for your problem. I updated mine over the weekend and everything seemed to be going just fine then, but I only really got to test the bluetooth out tonight and this is exactly what is happening with mine.

2013 V6 Premium, MCA edition trying to connect to a Moto X 1st Gen (2013). Aside from not the best sound quality from the bluetooth and some random disconnects here and there, it worked just fine before the update.

-Phil
I haven't been able to find a fix sadly. I sent the IVT representative a message about it and this thread with the documentation, haven't heard anything back. The only "fix" that will prevent Sync from doing this is to leave your audio on before turning your car off (even if muted). It appears to be an issue where because the center console is turned off, when 911 Assist tries to notify you that it is turned off, the console turns it right off again.
Old 4/7/15, 07:58 AM

I haven't been able to find a fix sadly. I sent the IVT representative a message about it and this thread with the documentation, haven't heard anything back. The only "fix" that will prevent Sync from doing this is to leave your audio on before turning your car off (even if muted). It appears to be an issue where because the center console is turned off, when 911 Assist tries to notify you that it is turned off, the console turns it right off again.
I sent the rep a message too, linking to your research. I didn't have time to test it last night, but does it only do this with the 911 assist off? I could turn it on for now if it would make things work right...
Old 4/7/15, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by philennium
I sent the rep a message too, linking to your research. I didn't have time to test it last night, but does it only do this with the 911 assist off? I could turn it on for now if it would make things work right...
Yes, this will only occur with 911 Assist Off WITH or WITHOUT reminder.

If 911 Assist is enabled, this will not occur.
Old 4/7/15, 09:41 AM

No Update For You!

Originally Posted by HizliBullet
I have the same year with nav did you use the right vin to register?

Yep. I've Updated the car twice in the past from 4.0 to 4.0.2 and to 4.2.1.4 The IVT said the update is available for my vin and website has released the update to me as well. It got to the point where I guess they didn't believe I was competent enough to check the website properly and they asked for my login credentials to the website. They navigated to the update page only to find that it says I have the latest and greatest version of sync (@4.2.1.4). My issue was re-escalated and they advised me that they took a screen capture and sent it to the website development team. They also told me there are a few SUVs with the same issue, but it is primarily Mustangs and that it is not a unique issue. I'm still waiting to hear back at this time, but this issue has been in their hands now for 3 weeks today to release this update. If I had to guess I've spoken to at least 10 different people. Four in that last phone call alone, so it would appear they really are trying to figure it out.
Old 4/7/15, 10:26 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Figuring it out and getting a fix pushed are two totally different things. It may be months or never before we see a fix. When Ford first introduced Sync they would update it about every 90 days for stability and updated functionality. Obviously that has changed.

Quick Reply: Sync 4.4 Update.