Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Sync 4.4 Update.

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/15, 06:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DudeChaos
Yep. I've Updated the car twice in the past from 4.0 to 4.0.2 and to 4.2.1.4 The IVT said the update is available for my vin and website has released the update to me as well. It got to the point where I guess they didn't believe I was competent enough to check the website properly and they asked for my login credentials to the website. They navigated to the update page only to find that it says I have the latest and greatest version of sync (@4.2.1.4). My issue was re-escalated and they advised me that they took a screen capture and sent it to the website development team. They also told me there are a few SUVs with the same issue, but it is primarily Mustangs and that it is not a unique issue. I'm still waiting to hear back at this time, but this issue has been in their hands now for 3 weeks today to release this update. If I had to guess I've spoken to at least 10 different people. Four in that last phone call alone, so it would appear they really are trying to figure it out.
listen, would it help if I uploaded the zipped file I downloaded, for you? its 94mb. mines a 2012 with nav and theres only 2 versions for this update, with nav and without nav all through 2010-2014
Old 4/8/15, 11:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by HizliBullet
listen, would it help if I uploaded the zipped file I downloaded, for you? its 94mb. mines a 2012 with nav and theres only 2 versions for this update, with nav and without nav all through 2010-2014
Can you send that file to me? I have issues with my Sync version.

Thanks,

LEXiiON
Old 4/8/15, 11:35 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LEXiiON
Can you send that file to me? I have issues with my Sync version.

Thanks,

LEXiiON
okay try this..

downloaded for 2010-2014 with voice-activated navigation
https://app.box.com/s/xz5952sryrt580ml3p918yv7xe07okkg

Tip: Make sure you do not download the file directly to the USB drive. If your browser prompts you to do so, choose SAVE and save the file to your Desktop instead.

Next, insert the empty (formatted to FAT32 preferably)USB into the computer’s USB port. Locate the .zip file, which should be saved to your desktop.

Bluetooth© Connectivity Improvements:
• Enhanced Bluetooth phone connection stability
• Enabled track information to be displayed for Bluetooth-streamed media including metadata such as song title, artist name and album title
• More robust Message Access Profile (MAP) functionality to handle SMS reception and Text2Speech output

Media Connectivity Improvements:
• Improved media connectivity for USB-equipped Apple devices, as well as streamlined device initialization and authentication process
• Previous USB or Bluetooth media source playback now resumed after ignition cycle

Last edited by HizliBullet; 4/8/15 at 11:40 AM.
Old 4/8/15, 12:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool. Thanks. Got it. Will try later... Hopefully that solves my issues.

Thanks,

LEXiiON
Old 4/8/15, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the 2nd video documenting Voice Command and AM/FM button control issues for Sync Basic 4.4 per request of IVT. The radio button seems to override the 911 Assist voice message reminder, however the Voice Command button has no effect in the On/Off loop cycle unless you spam mash the button. I was also having issues where Sync wouldn't even connect to the bluetooth at all while recording at different times.

Old 4/8/15, 08:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

So do you copy the zip file to the USB stick? Or unzip the files then copy them to the USB stick ?

okay try this..

downloaded for 2010-2014 with voice-activated navigation
https://app.box.com/s/xz5952sryrt580ml3p918yv7xe07okkg

Tip: Make sure you do not download the file directly to the USB drive. If your browser prompts you to do so, choose SAVE and save the file to your Desktop instead.

Next, insert the empty (formatted to FAT32 preferably)USB into the computer’s USB port. Locate the .zip file, which should be saved to your desktop.

Bluetooth© Connectivity Improvements:
• Enhanced Bluetooth phone connection stability
• Enabled track information to be displayed for Bluetooth-streamed media including metadata such as song title, artist name and album title
• More robust Message Access Profile (MAP) functionality to handle SMS reception and Text2Speech output

Media Connectivity Improvements:
• Improved media connectivity for USB-equipped Apple devices, as well as streamlined device initialization and authentication process
• Previous USB or Bluetooth media source playback now resumed after ignition cycle
Old 4/8/15, 08:12 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by dmhines
So do you copy the zip file to the USB stick? Or unzip the files then copy them to the USB stick ?
You unzip it and copy the files to the usb stick.
Old 4/8/15, 08:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thanks .. I have same issue other other folks ... website says my 4.2.1.4 is the most current version.
Old 4/8/15, 09:35 PM
Cobra Member

unzip the file first, copy the ingredients on to usb drive.. I think theres like 3 items in the zipped files, 1 folder and 2 files.. dont rename or modify them whatsoever

first attempt might seem like a flop i did it twice to get it to work perfectly.. no complaints

Last edited by HizliBullet; 4/8/15 at 09:39 PM.
Old 4/8/15, 09:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by rctfenix
Here is the 2nd video documenting Voice Command and AM/FM button control issues for Sync Basic 4.4 per request of IVT. The radio button seems to override the 911 Assist voice message reminder, however the Voice Command button has no effect in the On/Off loop cycle unless you spam mash the button. I was also having issues where Sync wouldn't even connect to the bluetooth at all while recording at different times.

Sync Basic 4.4 Update Part 2 - YouTube
did you try installing the update again? and in that video you're not allowing enough time between key-out key-in I noticed... i.e you havent opened the driver door and let few seconds pass before trying again.. it seemed like you were trying to overload with commands before allowing it to have a chance to boot
Old 4/8/15, 10:18 PM
GT Member

Mine was like 113MB, I think there's more than two versions of this update.
Old 4/9/15, 08:43 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by msqr
Mine was like 113MB, I think there's more than two versions of this update.
That was the exact size of my update as well. I have everything but the Navigation screen.

There should be at least three different versions. Those with Navigation, Those with everything but Navigation, and those with the basic Sync with no voice activation.

Last edited by CriticalmassGT; 4/9/15 at 08:45 AM.
Old 4/9/15, 08:56 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by CriticalmassGT
That was the exact size of my update as well. I have everything but the Navigation screen.

There should be at least three different versions. Those with Navigation, Those with everything but Navigation, and those with the basic Sync with no voice activation.
Hmm mine was 113MB with navigation.
Old 4/9/15, 09:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I downloaded the zip ... its 112.6 MB when it gets uncompressed.
Old 4/9/15, 10:05 AM
Cobra Member

I downloaded the zip ... its 112.6 MB when it gets uncompressed.
Hope everything goes smoothly!!
Old 4/9/15, 01:53 PM
GT Member

Yeah, same here, I was wondering why they are so insistent about a 2GB stick. I suppose somebody could have an old smaller one... Mine only took 5 minutes to update, ~106MB, '13 V6 no nav. Edit: probably because in Canada we don't have any of the data services you get in the U.S. with Sync, so no related updates are done = shorter time.

Thanks to the OP for the instructions. That bit where it announces it's complete right away would have been very misleading, a smarter "designer" would have had some icon or notice or anything at all come up on the display so you could at least tell something was ongoing. Once in a while I could see my stick flash its LED, but lots don't have them anymore.

Last edited by cfraser; 4/9/15 at 01:57 PM.
Old 4/9/15, 04:53 PM

did you try installing the update again? and in that video you're not allowing enough time between key-out key-in I noticed... i.e you havent opened the driver door and let few seconds pass before trying again.. it seemed like you were trying to overload with commands before allowing it to have a chance to boot
Yes, same results. For some reason this after the latest re-installation the center console was not turning "off" when the key was removed (the clock for example should move from the center of the display to the top right) until the door was open/closed. Near the end of that 2nd video, Sync decided to stop connecting via Bluetooth to the phone.

Going to do Master Reset troubleshooting, document, re-install 4.4, document and Master Reset again. Will report results.
Old 4/9/15, 05:36 PM
Cobra Member

Yes, same results. For some reason this after the latest re-installation the center console was not turning "off" when the key was removed (the clock for example should move from the center of the display to the top right) until the door was open/closed. Near the end of that 2nd video, Sync decided to stop connecting via Bluetooth to the phone.

Going to do Master Reset troubleshooting, document, re-install 4.4, document and Master Reset again. Will report results.
thats a good point, I went through master reset and factory defaults before my second try, that helped fix text notification and usb streaming
Old 4/9/15, 06:14 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by solscooter
thanks for responding Kim. SYNC with navigation and an iPhone 6+ running iOS 8.2. already tried restarting the phone with no luck
Try performing a master reset to your system. The instructions can be found on page 156 of this Navigation Supplement: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo.../12ngnsn3e.pdf

If you don’t notice an improvement after the reset, send me a PM with your full name, VIN, and current mileage. I’d like to report this internally.

Originally Posted by LEXiiON
Hi Kim,
i did a Master Reset and no it did not change ... still falling back to Line In ... I am using an iPhone 6..
LEXiiON
I just sent you a PM.

Hello, new user here!
I recently just updated to 4.4 Sync Basic and I've run into an issue where if my phone (Samsung Note 3) is connected via Bluetooth and 911 Assist is set to OFF (either with or without reminder) that the Sync system keeps turning the center console on and off repeatedly until you either turn on your radio or disconnect the Bluetooth.

What has been documented:

- If bluetooth is disabled, Sync runs fine.
- If the radio/AUX is left on, even if muted, the 911 Assist alert displays/plays correctly
- If bluetooth is enabled and the radio/AUX is left off, the 911 Assist goes through an on/off loop cycle that does not end.
- The On/Off cycle can be "broken" by turning on the radio/AUX.
- If you turn on the radio/AUX quick enough, the 911 Assist alert will display/play correctly.
Hi rctfenix,

Thanks for taking the time to document this. All of your information is helpful. I’ve responded to your PM.

Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
Ditto. X2 to this
Originally Posted by Richiezoom
YEP me too. I thought it was working fine but it gets into this flashing loop at start up with my 9810 Blackberry. Worked 100% before, maybe a revert is my future.

Is there a fix or capitulate to 911 ?

Thanks everyone....
Hi 2014GHIGGT and Richiezoom,

Please send me a PM with your name, VIN, phone number, and current mileage. Let me know if you’ve already tried performing a master reset. Also include the type of device/devices being connected in the message.

Originally Posted by Reminisce
This update has been beast for me. I have a subscription to Beats Music and use Soundcloud and Milk Music regularly, and being able to see whats playing as opposed to having to turn my phone on is great. Also it seems the bluetooth quality has gotten better, but maybe thats my ears? And having the car automatically pick up bluetooth as the last source when i power the car back on saves me a whole lot of time and headaches.
That’s great, Reminisce. I’m glad you’re enjoying the update!

Originally Posted by Mr. V
I have a 12 no nav and also haven't been able to download it. I also received an email saying it was available. I'm glad I'm not alone.
Thanks .. I have same issue other other folks ... website says my 4.2.1.4 is the most current version.
Originally Posted by DudeChaos
Yep. I've Updated the car twice in the past from 4.0 to 4.0.2 and to 4.2.1.4 The IVT said the update is available for my vin and website has released the update to me as well. It got to the point where I guess they didn't believe I was competent enough to check the website properly and they asked for my login credentials to the website. They navigated to the update page only to find that it says I have the latest and greatest version of sync (@4.2.1.4). My issue was re-escalated and they advised me that they took a screen capture and sent it to the website development team. They also told me there are a few SUVs with the same issue, but it is primarily Mustangs and that it is not a unique issue. I'm still waiting to hear back at this time, but this issue has been in their hands now for 3 weeks today to release this update. If I had to guess I've spoken to at least 10 different people. Four in that last phone call alone, so it would appear they really are trying to figure it out.
Hey there! Our team is still looking into this. I’ll update you via PM once I have an update to your cases.

Originally Posted by philennium
Please tell me that you have found a fix for your problem. I updated mine over the weekend and everything seemed to be going just fine then, but I only really got to test the bluetooth out tonight and this is exactly what is happening with mine.

2013 V6 Premium, MCA edition trying to connect to a Moto X 1st Gen (2013). Aside from not the best sound quality from the bluetooth and some random disconnects here and there, it worked just fine before the update.

-Phil
Thanks for reporting. I’ve sent a reply to your PM.

Kim
Old 4/10/15, 12:43 PM
Cobra Member

on another note, i was curious about 2015 mustang's sync features, mind you they use myford touch, but still.. the amount of info was astonishing, this is their latest update.

Date Confirmed: Mar 21, 2015
Version: Gen2 - V3.7.11

EA5T-14D544-AB

ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE UPDATE

The latest SYNC® update includes all of the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits, such as:

Language and Driving
0. Language support for UK English, EU Spanish, EU French, German, EU Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Turkish, Swedish*, Polish*, and Australian English
0. Right-hand drive occupancy mode Navigation

Navigation
0. Map content for Europe and Australia/New Zealand regions
0. Traffic Message Channel (TMC) Support (Europe and other markets)
0. Mute button added to Navigation map screen
0. Estimated Time of Arrival instead of Time to Destination now displayed on map screen
0. GPS Coordinate entry (Europe only)
0. Hazard spot warnings

Radio
0. Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB)
0. Radio Data System (RDS) support

*Only graphical text is supported for these languages. UK voice prompts are only supported with these languages.

Quick Reply: Sync 4.4 Update.