Old 3/23/15, 06:45 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did it wasn't there.
Old 3/23/15, 06:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SpectreH
So far I haven't been able to reply to a text...but it came from another iPhone so I wonder if it has to do with iMessage vs a normal SMS text.

Edit: Phone info now showing up for texts and emails, so replying might work now. Also, I rebooted my phone and I can pause/play over streaming Bluetooth.
Tried again tonight with iPhone restart, deleting phone in sync, enabling MAP, notification "ON" in the phone but no luck.

I can receive text OK but no luck to reply or send text messages !

I'm running out of idea and patience...
Old 3/23/15, 06:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 12GTCS
I did it wasn't there.
Erase your stick, reload the downloaded files and restart the update it will re-write the file. The process should be very quick.

I did this today to ensure the update was performed and it worked

Last edited by Dineau; 3/23/15 at 06:59 PM.
Old 3/23/15, 07:03 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
I haven't had a chance to see if I can reply with one of the canned texts yet. Stinks that this update process isn't straight forward for everyone. I wonder if this is a Ford or Microsoft issue. Microsoft having issues would not surprise me.
Old 3/23/15, 07:05 PM
GT Member

...this is a Ford and Microsoft issue...
Agreed!
Old 3/23/15, 07:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This process was not easy (at least in my car). My car did not recognize the USB was in there (so I went the phone/advanced/install route suggested by the OP).

After getting the quick "installation complete" message, the system rebooted, and told me "installation complete" again. However, nothing seemed to work (no media or even radio). So, I tried again... and again had to go the phone/advanced/install route.

This time, Samantha (SYNC's "voice") goes on a rather long spiel about how the system may reboot several times, ignore the initial "complete message," yada, yada, yada. She then said the update was downloading and wait for the final complete message. This time I just sat and waited. 5 minutes later, "Installation Complete" (no reboot this time).

So far, so good! My car has steadfastly refused to find Pandora on my phone for a week or so now (I just had version 4.2.1.T installed), and would never recognize text messages (from a Samsung S4). Now, the car seems to have no problem pulling up Pandora, AND I received a text about 2 minutes into tinkering and was surprised to hear it come through my audio system! Sure enough there it was- so I responded (and got a text back asking "Why is your Ford sending me texts?!?").

Anyway, thanks to the OP for making everyone aware this update was out there (it must have JUST become available, when the dealer checked last week, the best version was the 4.2.1.T).
Old 3/23/15, 08:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i have to re-do too, my USB mp3 is officially not working atm

my text feature is funky; shows me downloaded text for a split second then automatically goes back to the list of text senders

Last edited by HizliBullet; 3/23/15 at 08:08 PM.
Old 3/23/15, 08:15 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't had a chance to see if I can reply with one of the canned texts yet. Stinks that this update process isn't straight forward for everyone. I wonder if this is a Ford or Microsoft issue. Microsoft having issues would not surprise me.
Microsoft hasn't worked on the Auto platform in years. The team hasn't existed in years lol.
Old 3/23/15, 08:25 PM
Cobra Member

where do I find the link to re-download sync 4.4??
Old 3/23/15, 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by HizliBullet
where do I find the link to re-download sync 4.4??
I think once you report your installation as "Successful" on the website it disappear from your download list.

I think the only solution would be to find someone who as not deleted their downloaded files
Old 3/23/15, 11:38 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Dineau
I think once you report your installation as "Successful" on the website it disappear from your download list.

I think the only solution would be to find someone who as not deleted their downloaded files
luckily gen1 zip file was in my recycle bin, i formatted my usb to FAT32 and unzipped files into it once again..

this time when i turned the ignition my media usb worked

did your text replying worked?
Old 3/24/15, 01:21 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HizliBullet
luckily gen1 zip file was in my recycle bin, i formatted my usb to FAT32 and unzipped files into it once again..

this time when i turned the ignition my media usb worked

did your text replying worked?
Installation files, eh? I wonder if they work on other cars.. Specifically those of us whose units Ford is claiming to be already up to date and aren't offered 4.4,.
Old 3/24/15, 06:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
I have a 5S. I could never get it to work until I scrolled further and activated MAP "something". After that, everything fell into place as advertised.

So I tried this again last night. I deleted the phone from sync, deleted sync from the phone. Turned map profile on, paired the phone and for the first time ever my phone had the show notification option under sync within the Bluetooth menu. However sync stills says phone not supported.

But on the way to work today my music lowered and I received a text message alert. Sure enough it was for a text I received. I didn't know what to do next so I read the text on my phone but at least something is working now lol.
Old 3/24/15, 06:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

By the way previously I emailed back and forth with a member of the Ford sync team about text messages and they had me do a master reset of sync and re-pair the phone. Never mentioned anything about MAP profile.
Old 3/24/15, 06:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thank you for letting us know about the update! this updated cured A LOT of the things I was griping about!

I had a 64GB FAT32 flashdrive. I didn't bother removing previous contents. I just put the sync update on the root of the flashdrive and did the update. it worked with other stuff on my flashdrive.
Old 3/24/15, 06:07 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tom281
So I tried this again last night. I deleted the phone from sync, deleted sync from the phone. Turned map profile on, paired the phone and for the first time ever my phone had the show notification option under sync within the Bluetooth menu. However sync stills says phone not supported.

But on the way to work today my music lowered and I received a text message alert. Sure enough it was for a text I received. I didn't know what to do next so I read the text on my phone but at least something is working now lol.

this never worked for my iphone, works on my xperia Z3 ... the thing I found is that even though your car notifies you that you've received a text and read it on your phone, the notification on your radio won't go away unless you let sync read the text back to you. it's still not perfect but.... its better than nothing I guess
Old 3/24/15, 06:24 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
SYNC now reads texts and emails I receive. If the car is moving, the only option is to listen to the message. When stopped, it will pull the message up on screen to read.
Old 3/24/15, 06:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

How do you have sync read it to you?
Old 3/24/15, 06:45 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tom281
How do you have sync read it to you?

Yeah, all you have to say is "read Messages"

and she'll read it back to you

and it will clear the little envelope from your dash.
Old 3/24/15, 06:47 AM
Cobra Member

even before this update. she would read messages back to you. you can also respond to a text via preprogrammed settings through sync. its pretty useful, but very distracting just the same.

just word of caution. use the "read messages" feature when you're by yourself in the car. you never know what type of text she'll read back. I've had a couple of awkward moments in the car already with having passengers! lesson learned.

Quick Reply: Sync 4.4 Update.