2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

So who hates the 2013's?

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/12, 06:08 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BigR
Who says they are not the same car...the GTR is nissans muscle car...the new Ferrari F12 is their new muscle car...the r8 is audi's muscle car...

I compare my 2013 5.O ragtop to a Lexus is350 ragtop, to the Benz 350 ragtop......the BMW 335 ragtop ......all similar in size, all similar seating...just better value in the 5.0 for the price and power.
just because thats how you see the cars doesnt mean that how they compete in the market. They are designed and built for very different things. The lexus/benz/bmw will never see a track or the quater mile.

Ferrari is a super car.. its a not brainer. The gtr is pac muscle and only is a mandarin orange to the mustangs apple. The R8 is a german super car thats also a flagship car. These cars are a hundred thousand dollars apart for very many and very very good reasons.
Old 3/15/12, 06:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
just because thats how you see the cars doesnt mean that how they compete in the market. They are designed and built for very different things. The lexus/benz/bmw will never see a track or the quater mile.

Ferrari is a super car.. its a not brainer. The gtr is pac muscle and only is a mandarin orange to the mustangs apple. The R8 is a german super car thats also a flagship car. These cars are a hundred thousand dollars apart for very many and very very good reasons.
Benz and BMW have long racing history, maybe their production cars don't see as much track use....but they could , as far as the r8 and Ferrari , the only thing exotic about them is the price tag in parts, trust me I know .

It's not that ford would ever listen to the few like me , but I think they could and should ...and I would happy if they did. I also feel they should have made the lincoln truck a sport version to compete with the amg truck, and not the edge sport ( but thats another discussion).

Btw, if I bought comparing this way, I'm part of the market...then others might see it the same as well.

Last edited by BigR; 3/15/12 at 06:14 PM.
Old 3/15/12, 07:00 PM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
While it would be cool to see an F1 style transmission and AWD on the GT500 (SVT by '15) it wouldnt hold very well with heritage. The Mustang was never really known for having very advanced equipment. However, it would definitely be a giant leap deep into the territory of supercars like the 911 Turbo, GTR, R8, 458/F12, Gallardo, and the like. Mid/high 2-sec 0-60, great handling numbers, etc.

I would be happier seeing higher quality materials and better finish on the interior, like Alcantara trimmed wheel, seats, door panels, etc., and a solid SelectShift tranny with rev matching. And adjustable shocks from the factory along with handling packages for all models.
Old 3/15/12, 07:24 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I would like to see a more simple model offered as well.

2300 lbs

400 hp V6 ecoboost motor

a better tranny

a real track pack option with cage, tires, battery relocation, interior delete option and a higher end coilover system.

more rear end options
Old 3/15/12, 07:29 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Tailights are an improvement over the candycanes for sure. Still hate the angle of the rear panel and the nose IMO is freaking horrendus..they tok the part i hated the most about the GT500 and made it standard across the board. Oh and I still hate Sheblys name being all over that car.
Old 3/15/12, 07:31 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by burningman
Tailights are an improvement over the candycanes for sure. Still hate the angle of the rear panel and the nose IMO is freaking horrendus..they tok the part i hated the most about the GT500 and made it standard across the board. Oh and I still hate Sheblys name being all over that car.
Old 3/15/12, 07:33 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

and don't get me started on those standard issue cross eyed moronic looking HID lights....
Old 3/15/12, 07:41 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by burningman
Those 2 spots are ALL OVER? LOL
Old 3/15/12, 07:45 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

TWSS
Old 3/15/12, 07:48 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Those 2 spots are ALL OVER? LOL
2 is 2 too many for my taste.
Old 3/15/12, 07:49 PM

I really like the 11-12 V6 performance package wheels and hate hate hate the 2013 V6 performance package wheels. I blow hot and cold on everything else I "don't like" about the 2013's, but those wheels... I can't get over them. I'm really sad about it
Old 3/15/12, 08:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 3/15/12, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by cinque35
Thanks cinque35... good to know others share my pain! Wow, that's a good looking package--A lot better than the new stuff

Old 3/15/12, 09:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dont think AWD is viable in a Mustang b/c even though it might appeal to those afraid of RWD, Id think a good percentage of those buying a Mustang are OK with or prefer RWD or might be priced out of one due to the extra cost of AWD, including repairs. Ford could offer an option, but it would be pricier production-wise and their goal to date has been affordable horsepower.

Paddle shift seems like a no-brainer to me though if its all about performance. You can shave off some serious time.
Old 3/15/12, 09:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

All 2005-2012 owners..
Old 3/15/12, 09:51 PM
FR500 Member

I think i mentioned this on another thread but heres my wishlist

Exterior:
Better looking HID's
LED DRL's
Better rim options
Optional decklid panel color/finish (ex. Flat black)
10-12 front design (similar)
Optional painted rockers/fascias
Body color mirrors standard

Interior:
Alcantara options
Illuminated cup holders standard (why not?)
Sunroof or T-top option
Window locks (pesky passengers)
Shaker standard
Rearview with compass/temp reading
Body color accents/trim option
Tilt to open rear quarter windows (again why not?)
Contrast stitching

Performance:
Ecoboost 4 or 6 cylinder models
High power v8 for GT and Boss models
Re-tweaked supercharged motor for GT500
Manumatic style tranny for auto (with rev matching)
Close ratio manual trannies
Functional hood designs (scoops, vents)
Functional side scoops (cool rear brake temp)
Brake cooling ducts standard on Boss/GT500
Torsen Diff. Standard on all models
9" rear on Boss and GT500
Freer flowing exhaust from factory
Upgraded intakes from factory
No sound tube
Functional rear spoilers/diffusers/splitters

Thats about all i can think of right now but i still think its a veryy good and very feasable list. What do yall think?
Old 3/15/12, 09:53 PM
GTR Member

Post those in the 15+ forum, there's a big thread there about a wish list for the 2015 car.
Old 3/15/12, 10:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
The "options" a lot of you are mentioning would put the GT500 well over $75k base, the GT well over $40k base and well into the $50k for a loaded GT. That's just not going to happen two years from now. Maybe ten years from now, but not two. You want to put a bullet in the Mustang's ear? Run the price up with alcantara leather options, AWD, paddle shifting/rev-matching tranny, etc.

That's not a Mustang. There are a handful of cars that already do that, and do it very well. And none of them do it well for less than supercar money.
Old 3/15/12, 10:39 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
The "options" a lot of you are mentioning would put the GT500 well over $75k base, the GT well over $40k base and well into the $50k for a loaded GT. That's just not going to happen two years from now. Maybe ten years from now, but not two. You want to put a bullet in the Mustang's ear? Run the price up with alcantara leather options, AWD, paddle shifting/rev-matching tranny, etc.

That's not a Mustang. There are a handful of cars that already do that, and do it very well. And none of them do it well for less than supercar money.
I never said AWD, i would never want that on a Mustang. And these are just ideas in my head and they are of course realistic. Not sayin i want all these options but a few here or there. Of course with the Mustang going global some of these options are inevitable. I wouldnt be surprised if several of these are on the 15 models
Plus the only real cost would be developing anything under the hood or axle. Interior options (like alcantara) would raise the price much.

Last edited by CCTking; 3/15/12 at 10:40 PM.
Old 3/15/12, 11:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ian517
Thanks cinque35... good to know others share my pain! Wow, that's a good looking package--A lot better than the new stuff

The wheels are gray in that picture probably to show the contrast between the dark shadow of the wheel well and the wheels. The actual wheels are painted black, like the previous year's.

I'm hoping that it looks more like this, seeing as how I have it on order:

Last edited by SlowRiderr; 3/15/12 at 11:18 PM.

Quick Reply: So who hates the 2013's?