2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

So who hates the 2013's?

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/12, 01:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Every fiber of the GT500 says muscle, not euro-refinement.
Yes, especially the touch screen nav, back up camera, leather seats, my color, and sync system!

The Mustang is already competing against Euro cars, look at all the people who switched out their BMWs for 5.0s, quite a few.
Old 3/15/12, 03:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
awd in a mustang? thats a crap idea at best. I have hated every single paddle shifter I have ever used. The shelby already hangs with those cars. The mustang V6 competes with the genesis and beats it currently. The 5.0 boss already handles the m3.

Not trying to be mean.
Awd should be an option just like the BMW /Audi....as the paddle shift....just because you dont want it, others may on there Shelby, I know i would.

Again, they need to think Ferrari paddle shift with the Shelby to make that car to the next level , and Lamborghini awd .... Not low budget awd and gimmic paddle shifting.
Old 3/15/12, 03:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BigR
Awd should be an option just like the BMW /Audi....as the paddle shift....just because you dont want it, others may on there Shelby, I know i would.

Again, they need to think Ferrari paddle shift with the Shelby to make that car to the next level , and Lamborghini awd .... Not low budget awd and gimmic paddle shifting.
They literally ARE low budget compared to Ferrari and Lamborghini.
Old 3/15/12, 03:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if i don't want it.. NOBODY GETS IT
Old 3/15/12, 04:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by jedikd
Yes, especially the touch screen nav, back up camera, leather seats, my color, and sync system!

The Mustang is already competing against Euro cars, look at all the people who switched out their BMWs for 5.0s, quite a few.
Mine won't have the touch screen...leather is pretty much standard on everything these days...so are systems like sync. The heart of the car is still a muscle car.
Old 3/15/12, 04:52 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think you have good taste in cars but what you can talking about isnt a mustang. AWD in a mustang is just as silly as a V6 FWD mustang. If that what you want they make a car currently that does that. Make a mustang into some its not is just going to take away from the true soul of what a mustang really is meant to be. Its the every mans car and not the euro bmw wannabe some would have it become.

long story short if you want fast and awd buy a taurus sho. If you want Ferrari paddle shifters buy a *wait for it* Ferrari. I hear mitsu makes a car that has a great AWD system..
Old 3/15/12, 04:55 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by TheLeech
You jelly of my Recaros, my Torsen, my coated pistons with those four holes, my extra 8 HP, or my catfish snout?
Nope. Hoof vents? Yep.

The 2013's look fine to me.
Old 3/15/12, 04:55 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Retarded paddle shifting
Old 3/15/12, 04:59 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

paddle shifters are very poser'ish. If someone wants that kind of care its already being made.

FYI

if AWD was that much better true mustang race cars would have it but they dont. AWD is in mostly like a set of training wheels for those who cannot drive.
Old 3/15/12, 05:02 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by jedikd

it might be up against those cars because of similar options but I believe thats where the comparison ends. Pretty much all F350 super duties have those options but I am more then sure that are not up against euro cars.
Old 3/15/12, 05:09 PM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
The mustang is still a muscle car. Every fiber of the GT500 says muscle, not euro-refinement. I don't think the '15 mustang would sell well if it was designed to compete with beamers and benzes...it would require an entirely new customer base, as most mustang fans would go elsewhere for their pony cars. I don't want a BMW in a ford body. I want a mustang. I think the IRS is as "Euro" as it's going to get. Just my 2EUR
Possibly better refinement or more luxury options for top end models. As it sots now the Mustang is on the fast track to dominance, especially in its class. IRS is going to be enough to take it to the next level and the Shelby will be competing with the likes of Corvette and Porsche. Maybe Auto's with a select shift like the 13 models, but more refined and enginered to be better overall than a full manual transmission. Lighter materials, higher end options, and of course new technology. I cant wait to see what Ford really has in store for the world. Without a doubt, it will be a shocker
Old 3/15/12, 05:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Quite comical on the backlash of a Shelby with 650 hp having a awd option is for those that want it is like having training wheels....or paddle shifters should never be offered....Lamborghini should never be owned by a German company, Ferrari should never make over 5,000 cars a year...and Mc Donald's having healthy food choices should have never happened, but in reality companies and products need to change to fit the market.

Unfortunately, whether a few believe it never should, in an ever growing population and demanding consumer base for product improvement....ford mustang and others will need to adapt....the buyer of the original mustang,is not the same buyer today....just like the other brands.

Don't be too disappointed if your future mustang goes electric one day .... Hopefully I'm around for that thread ....I'm sure similar comments will happen
Old 3/15/12, 05:48 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

the point is that if you are looking to buy such a car you are simply not looking at buying a mustang.

I do not think we will see a bentley dub edition..

AWD isnt that great unless you drive the car in snow. How many F1 cars have AWD?

Last edited by Flagstang; 3/15/12 at 05:50 PM.
Old 3/15/12, 05:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
electric Mustang is fine.. as long as it's RWD

4WD does = training wheels
Old 3/15/12, 05:50 PM
Bullitt Member

I dont hate it but I prefer the styling of the 10-12. I cant wait for the 2015.
Old 3/15/12, 05:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mikes5.0
I dont hate it but I prefer the styling of the 10-12. I cant wait for the 2015.
So they can really jack it up!
Old 3/15/12, 05:52 PM
Bullitt Member

the point is that if you are looking to buy such a car you are simply not looking at buying a mustang.
Never say never

You don't think a Shelby with awd and f1 shifting wouldnt sell well against a Nissan gt/r, or a Porsche 911, or Audi r8 .... I know I would place my order for 85grand ...and I know a few others as well that would join in
Old 3/15/12, 05:54 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

but those cars are not the same kind of car.. its like comparing a mini van and a truck and asking if you can fit the same amount fo 2x4's in the rear.

its like buying a trailer(mobil home) and wanting a two story house so you buy another trailer to stack on top.

Last edited by Flagstang; 3/15/12 at 05:56 PM.
Old 3/15/12, 06:00 PM
Banned

Never say never

You don't think a Shelby with awd and f1 shifting wouldnt sell well against a Nissan gt/r, or a Porsche 911, or Audi r8 .... I know I would place my order for 85grand ...and I know a few others as well that would join in
You just leave my AMERICAN MUSTANG alone!!!
Old 3/15/12, 06:02 PM
Bullitt Member

but those cars are not the same kind of car.. its like comparing a mini van and a truck and asking if you can fit the same amount fo 2x4's in the rear.

its like buying a trailer(mobil home) and wanting a two story house so you buy another trailer to stack on top.
Who says they are not the same car...the GTR is nissans muscle car...the new Ferrari F12 is their new muscle car...the r8 is audi's muscle car...

I compare my 2013 5.O ragtop to a Lexus is350 ragtop, to the Benz 350 ragtop......the BMW 335 ragtop ......all similar in size, all similar seating...just better value in the 5.0 for the price and power.

Quick Reply: So who hates the 2013's?