Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

So who hates the 2013's?

Search this Thread

Old 3/14/12, 04:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
It's funny.....when the first photos of the '10s hit the internet, the Mustang faithful were unhappy with many of the styling cues.

1 - Many preferred the V6 front end (which was GT500-esq - that's irony, right there!) and didn't like the GTs "mutton chops"

2 - The black plastic, unpainted, side skirts were almost universally disliked

3 - The rear lights were probably the most controversial aspect

4 - Closely followed by that "full diaper"

So, Ford listens, makes changes after just a few years.........and you all keep *****in'

For me, the '13 is what the S197 has been leading up to since '05 and is, in terms of looks, power and equipment, the perfect modern Mustang.

I mean.....this makes me go weak at the knees

I can only hope the '15MY makes my heart beat as fast.
I have to say, as someone who is in the process of ordering a near-as-makes-no-difference-loaded '13 GT500, that Boss is one of the prettiest things on four wheels--or three or two or one wheel--I've ever seen. What a car.
Old 3/14/12, 04:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
I do not like them. I might buy a hot hatch for my next car in a few months.The styling is going away from what I like.

the 05-09 were my fav.
Yuck...
Old 3/14/12, 04:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They should have had the 5.0 in the 2010 and it should have looked like a 2013.

Last edited by yugoboss; 3/14/12 at 06:06 PM.
Old 3/14/12, 04:59 PM
Cobra R Member

2013 Hyundai Mustang

2013 Ford Mustang
Old 3/14/12, 05:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
I think Ford is making a mistake making so many changes every year or two. Its frustrating the owners Im sure. I know when they came out with the 05, it stayed the same till 09, leaving owners to enjoy their look without feeling obsolete or outdated six months after a large purchase. Make a design/style and stay with it for a few years, then do your refresh.

Look at the '65-'66 to '67-'68 to '69-'70 to '71-'73 changes...there is precedent. It won't be a mistake if sales spike up.
Old 3/14/12, 05:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

So, Ford listens, makes changes after just a few years.........and you all keep *****in'
Because some people, as my dear grandmother (God rest her soul) used to say, "like to talk to hear their head roar".

AMEN!
Old 3/14/12, 06:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Because some people, as my dear grandmother (God rest her soul) used to say, "like to talk to hear their head roar".

AMEN!
Hahaha, I know a lot of those types of people. There are many on here as well.
Old 3/14/12, 06:31 PM
Bullitt Member

The mustang is a disposable car....sales have not been as strong as they want, hence the changes to try and upgrade it....to get more sales.

The 13 is what the 10 should have been .... Hence why the change so quick...as the 05-09 had a longer shelf life....it happens.

I ordered a 13 because its the best value for the dollar for a convertible for 48 grand taxes in on the road in Canada for a v8.....it will make a great daily driver....and the build quality is great....watch out Lexus Isc , and BMW cabs...

Finally a product to compete with higher end models .... I was getting sick and tired of these imports ....can't wait for the 15, hope its the next level up.
Old 3/14/12, 06:47 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
2013 Hyundai Mustang

2013 Ford Mustang
Seriously?

Originally Posted by BigR
The mustang is a disposable car....sales have not been as strong as they want, hence the changes to try and upgrade it....to get more sales.

The 13 is what the 10 should have been .... Hence why the change so quick...as the 05-09 had a longer shelf life....it happens.

I ordered a 13 because its the best value for the dollar for a convertible for 48 grand taxes in on the road in Canada for a v8.....it will make a great daily driver....and the build quality is great....watch out Lexus Isc , and BMW cabs...

Finally a product to compete with higher end models .... I was getting sick and tired of these imports ....can't wait for the 15, hope its the next level up.
Um...no. Ford announced a few years back that they would keep their products fresh by going to a 3-year product cycle, instead of the traditional 5-year plan. They are still doing a full redesign every 5 years, but the mild changes keep things fresh enough for buyers and help solidify each era a little more unique. The Mustang is NOT the only car that this applies to.
Old 3/14/12, 06:51 PM
Bullitt Member

^

3 yes , but not what I was suggesting

Last edited by BigR; 3/14/12 at 06:52 PM.
Old 3/14/12, 07:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
I think Ford is making a mistake making so many changes every year or two. Its frustrating the owners Im sure. I know when they came out with the 05, it stayed the same till 09, leaving owners to enjoy their look without feeling obsolete or outdated six months after a large purchase. Make a design/style and stay with it for a few years, then do your refresh.
Totally agree with this. I have a 2004 Solara convertible. Toyota kept this design for 7 years.
Old 3/14/12, 07:31 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
It's funny.....when the first photos of the '10s hit the internet, the Mustang faithful were unhappy with many of the styling cues.

1 - Many preferred the V6 front end (which was GT500-esq - that's irony, right there!) and didn't like the GTs "mutton chops"

2 - The black plastic, unpainted, side skirts were almost universally disliked

3 - The rear lights were probably the most controversial aspect

4 - Closely followed by that "full diaper"

For me, the '13 is what the S197 has been leading up to since '05 and is, in terms of looks, power and equipment, the perfect modern Mustang.

I mean.....this makes me go weak at the knees

I think the 13 will be THE mustang to have for a while, I also hope the 15 is as likeable or more

I dont 'hate' anything styling wise about the 13 or the 05...the 10, well hate is a pretty strong word, but I disliked it so much the day after the reveal ordered a 09.

all just personal preferences/opinions, but I think the 13 will suffer very very little negativity in the enthusiast forums... the things I dont love about the 13 are still like-able in my minds eye...

I liked everything about the 10 except for the backend, afraid that one never grew on me even a little...the 13 rear looks like a mustang to me again for some reason, but I do think the shiny black plastic might be a long term cosmetic hassle.

the only thing about the 13 that I do hate is >30k for a basic V8. I am very worried Ford is moving the mustang out of its market...25 IMO should be plenty of margin, but then again, perhaps CAFE is factored in there, especially as the V6 is way more than capable... just that to me a mustang with a stickshift and a V8 rumble is 'it'. I didnt buy mine to race, or for practicality, but for just a reasonably practical fun to drive car- test and tune nights are fun(13.78 bone stock is 'enough', still havent bought a tuner) and 24mpg aint bad enough for me to complain- but rowing thru the gears listening to the incredible sound of the V8 is just 'it' for me. I drove the wifes V6 auto pony tonight, still a nice handling, great looking car, but if it only had the sound of the GT it would add so much(to me anyway- she could care less)

Last edited by ford4v429; 3/14/12 at 07:35 PM.
Old 3/14/12, 08:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ford4v429
the only thing about the 13 that I do hate is >30k for a basic V8. I am very worried Ford is moving the mustang out of its market...
Im wondering if theyre not making room for the 4cyl Ecoboost in the line, with the V6 already pushing GT #s from not too long ago. Add boost + IRS and its hard to argue.

Oh and to stay on track, I hate the '13 license plate surround thingy.
Old 3/14/12, 08:08 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by dmhines
Hate is a harsh word ... The front styling is not to my liking .. too bulbous and Chrysleresque. I like the rear tailights ... but do not like the new rear valance and license plate surround. I also prefer the black side skirts to give the car a sleaker look.

I also like the fact the Ford might have fixed the Piston Popping issue ...
-------------------
/\ AGREE! I do not hate, because so much of the styling remains that I love from the 2010-2012 refresh. But I do not like the front end, the blackout rear, the black plate surround, the new hood, or the body-colored lower pieces all around. But I do like that all models now get HIDs, cool new taillights, lighted vanity mirrors, and HomeLink. That's about it. Oh, and I LOVE the styling of the outgoing 2010-2012...the front end mean-ness cannot be duplicated.
Old 3/14/12, 08:14 PM
Cobra R Member

i hate everything about it, the '13 is stupid and ugly and anyone who likes it is mentally retarded!

btw my window sticker showed up today.. being built on 3/20
Old 3/14/12, 08:28 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by cinque35
i hate everything about it, the '13 is stupid and ugly and anyone who likes it is mentally retarded!

-------------
Dude, that is funny!
Old 3/14/12, 08:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
The back end looks like some nice cheap chinese plastic not even hyundai would use.
Old 3/14/12, 09:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by cinque35

I hate you! Well not really, I'm just a lil jealous. Us track pack suckers are still waiting. Congrats! Can't wait to see the pix when you get it.
Old 3/14/12, 10:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xtc.inc
The back end looks like some nice cheap chinese plastic not even hyundai would use.
I agree, i dont like the shine.
Old 3/14/12, 10:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by traxiii
I just wish they offered the Shaker Pro with the electronics package. This car is going to be my daily driver and our vacation cruiser, so power, handling and comfort are needed in equal amounts. Can't wait to get mine!
New for this year you *can* get the Shaker Pro with the electronics package. We'll put you down as a 'non-hater'.

Quick Reply: So who hates the 2013's?