2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Shipping my GT to Europe

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/13, 10:43 AM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice! Can't wait for it, gonna sound mean. Then it will be time to save for cams.
Old 4/1/13, 11:12 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
I still have the summer only PZero's on it so I have to wait till the weather warms up a bit. Don't wanna take any chances with my new car. I'm going to take some video and pictures when I start hitting the autobahn and some of the back roads.
I've found myself in muddy ditches often enough to appreciate that lol. Can't wait to see what the nicer weather brings
Old 8/1/13, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also moving to Germany

Hi Stevedotmil,

I will be in the same boat in a couple of months and will also be shipping my 2012 GTCS Conv. to Germany.

I’ve been over here in the US for an assignment and this is possibly the best souvenir I could possibly get .

So, I was wondering if you or some of the other guys that have gone through the same process could help me out with some of my questions, …

What kind of modifications did you have to make to get the German TUEV sticker? Looks like my car will need headlight washers for the HIDs, yellow turn signals and a rear fog light. Would that be it?

Are there any TSBs I should ask a dealer to apply prior to leaving (e.g. I saw the update for the oil life monitor)?

Would it be a good idea to stock up on some parts since everything is more expensive in Germany (or not even available)?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks!
Old 8/1/13, 08:28 AM
Cobra Member

Are you in the military? Because most here are in the military and they ship our cars. We're not required to change anything or at least I didn't have to when I shipped mines to Germany. I did have to get it inspected to make sure it was operating good and you also can't have a loud exhaust on your car.

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 8/1/13 at 08:30 AM.
Old 8/2/13, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Are you in the military? Because most here are in the military and they ship our cars. We're not required to change anything or at least I didn't have to when I shipped mines to Germany. I did have to get it inspected to make sure it was operating good and you also can't have a loud exhaust on your car.
Unfortunately I am not and will be importing the car myself. Even with the modifications that will have to be done and the costs for shipping it's a great deal given the fact what imported cars are worth in Germany. I'm from the Cologne area and will move back there early next year.
Old 8/2/13, 09:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is a shop down south of Nurnberg that specializes in importing new Mustangs to Germany. It's called Mustang-deutschland.de They have a website. They do modifications for Germans that buy Mustangs new from them. All the above mentioned modifications and I believe they can even do your inspection there. Hope this helps out.