2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Shipping my GT to Europe

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/13, 11:32 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A GoPro is on the list of stuff to get while I'm over here. Not much longer. I can hardly wait till she gets here next month.
Old 1/28/13, 05:41 AM
INKY

I bought the Drift HD, pretty happy with it, just didn't like the shape of the Go Pro. I've used the drift for the car an snowboarding.
Old 1/29/13, 10:30 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Where did you pick up the Drift HD and what do you like about it more than the GoPro? I just checked out the site and the Ghost is sick. I'm already saving for a video camera. I like the fact that it's waterproof without a housing and you can operate it via remote. The other cool thing I like is that you can stream the video to your phone using the app. Win win.

Last edited by Stevedotmil; 1/29/13 at 10:50 AM.
Old 1/29/13, 11:12 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember Germany. Bought my 08 from AAFES and had it shipped over. If you haven't figured it out already don't blow off the speed limits on the autobahn. Polizei enforce them pretty well. Of course, you're not authorized to drive above 130km/h anyway so that should never be an issue . I will say the autobahn thing gets old pretty quickly but Germany has some fantastic backroads. Those never get old. You'll have a lot of fun on those. Hell, you'll have a great time in Germany period. Take advantage and get out when you can and see Europe. You'd be amazed at the # of Joe's that stay in their barracks rooms or go to the clubs and that's it.
Old 1/29/13, 01:51 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
Since I am not Baller enough to buy my car outright, I would feel like I would be kind of wasting money if she just sat in there looking longingly out every time I took the recycling out if I stored her.

I just checked today and she is on the way here now. It said she was "In Transit" when I looked it up. She's supposed to get here on the 19th but probably will be here sooner. I only have 5 annotations on my inspection sheet so I will be super **** about when I pick her up. I might make some loot if there is even one ding anywhere. And, I would be pretty angry.
Make sure you post some pictures, Stevedotmil!

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 1/29/13 at 01:52 PM.
Old 1/29/13, 02:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Deysha,

Sure thing. I plan on documenting the whole journey while I'm here on my post in the DIB section.
Old 1/29/13, 10:18 PM
INKY

Where did you pick up the Drift HD and what do you like about it more than the GoPro? I just checked out the site and the Ghost is sick. I'm already saving for a video camera. I like the fact that it's waterproof without a housing and you can operate it via remote. The other cool thing I like is that you can stream the video to your phone using the app. Win win.
B&H Photo and Video. They have great prices, miltary discount, and fast shipping. I wanted a camera I could use for different things and liked the shape of it vs the Go Pro. Have a friend that owns one too and he liked it so I decided to go with it. Also has a remote, which is great when snowboarding.
Originally Posted by tbi0904
I remember Germany. Bought my 08 from AAFES and had it shipped over. If you haven't figured it out already don't blow off the speed limits on the autobahn. Polizei enforce them pretty well. Of course, you're not authorized to drive above 130km/h anyway so that should never be an issue . I will say the autobahn thing gets old pretty quickly but Germany has some fantastic backroads. Those never get old. You'll have a lot of fun on those. Hell, you'll have a great time in Germany period. Take advantage and get out when you can and see Europe. You'd be amazed at the # of Joe's that stay in their barracks rooms or go to the clubs and that's it.
If you are talking about the fact that driving over 130km/h even in an unrestricted zone then yes, but you will not get pulled over or flashed. Still not tired of the autobahn, but I do agree there are some awesome backroads too.
Old 1/29/13, 11:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm looking forward to getting out and going places. I have already made a list. Thanks for the info on the camera. I'm going to check them out more. Did you go to a store or did you order online? I checked online and they even have used stuff you can buy at a discount and can include a warranty on. Pretty cool I thought. Drift HD 1080 for $175 used and then a warranty would be another $50.

Last edited by Stevedotmil; 1/29/13 at 11:27 PM.
Old 1/30/13, 01:22 AM
INKY

I'm looking forward to getting out and going places. I have already made a list. Thanks for the info on the camera. I'm going to check them out more. Did you go to a store or did you order online? I checked online and they even have used stuff you can buy at a discount and can include a warranty on. Pretty cool I thought. Drift HD 1080 for $175 used and then a warranty would be another $50.
Got mine online, think I paid $160 and they included an extra battery.

www.bhphotovideo.com/armedforces

They have discounts, up to 25%, always worth looking at.
Old 1/30/13, 05:53 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

The link sent me to the regular site. I sent them an email about it. We will see what they say. My birthday is next month so that's what's up.
Old 1/30/13, 10:51 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Boss 1409
B&H Photo and Video. They have great prices, miltary discount, and fast shipping. I wanted a camera I could use for different things and liked the shape of it vs the Go Pro. Have a friend that owns one too and he liked it so I decided to go with it. Also has a remote, which is great when snowboarding.

If you are talking about the fact that driving over 130km/h even in an unrestricted zone then yes, but you will not get pulled over or flashed. Still not tired of the autobahn, but I do agree there are some awesome backroads too.
I was poking fun at USAREUR regs limiting US personnel to no more than 130km/h on the autobahn that no one pays any attention to. Kinda like the Army's "missionary position" reg.
Old 1/30/13, 10:59 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

That reg isn't in effect in ref the speed limit. There are some ridiculous regs out there. There are a couple more than the last one you mentioned that get broken hourly but I'm trying to keep the thread clean. Ha ha.
Old 1/30/13, 11:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Don't know where in Germany you are based, but the trip down the Romantic Road from Würzburg to Füssen is a must. It goes through Augsburg, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Dinkelsbühl and Nördlingen. We wandered into Nördlingen when they were having a celebration - their eleven hundredth anniversary. We followed a band into the town hall square and listened to the mayor give a speech. We didn't understand a word of it, but it was a cool experience.
Old 1/30/13, 11:38 AM
INKY

Originally Posted by tbi0904

I was poking fun at USAREUR regs limiting US personnel to no more than 130km/h on the autobahn that no one pays any attention to. Kinda like the Army's "missionary position" reg.
Ahhh, figured there may have been something out there like that, lol.
Old 1/30/13, 09:53 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by tukatz
Don't know where in Germany you are based, but the trip down the Romantic Road from Würzburg to Füssen is a must. It goes through Augsburg, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Dinkelsbühl and Nördlingen. We wandered into Nördlingen when they were having a celebration - their eleven hundredth anniversary. We followed a band into the town hall square and listened to the mayor give a speech. We didn't understand a word of it, but it was a cool experience.
Rothenburg was amazing. Definitely a must see. That and Garmisch/Innsbruck (Austria).
Old 1/30/13, 10:05 PM
INKY

I'm actually looking to a couple of rides on the bike this summer too. Took the Boss on a couple decent drives last year, summer was a little messed up for a "deployment" and personal stuff though.
Old 1/30/13, 11:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm compiling a list of all the stuff I want to go see and which places I'm going to drive to versus using the train.
Old 1/31/13, 12:01 AM
INKY

Great idea! I've had one in my head and never wrote it down. Only looking at a few months to do any trips.
Old 1/31/13, 02:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Im also going to see if I can organize a base muscle car gathering and do drives around here when I'm not busy. We will see. I'm stoked.
Old 1/31/13, 02:55 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Deysha,

Sure thing. I plan on documenting the whole journey while I'm here on my post in the DIB section.
Awesome! I can't wait to see it!

Deysha

Quick Reply: Shipping my GT to Europe