Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Selling 2012 V6 to get used 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 9/26/12, 02:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenCars
I got to page 5 and stopped reading.. at age 54 I could have bought a GT etc.. All of you are missing the point. Speed is relative to what.. Cylinders absolutely not!! its power to weight. But that aside I live in NY where the speed limit is 55.. i do go faster than that.. but where can you go 160+ etc.. Not everyone buys a Mustang to go to the track.. If I wanted a track car i would get a notch and build in a turbo and go 9's. For me is was about the look, the features and the enjoyment of the drive. Not to race like the local ricers who want to race anything..On the the street to boot. buy what you enjoy and want to spend your paycheck on each month. if the OP wants to go in the hole money wise with the GT only to be where he can't even afford to drive it.. go for it. Otherwise if you are not going to be going around with your huge check book paying the 10 grand difference for every potential V6 owner to get the GT.. STFU Please!!!! V6 owners stop defending your choice.. it was your choice and the GT owners at the end of the day don't get laid because they have the mighty V8 even though in their mind they believe they do...
I think the V6 owners will still get some love because most woman don't care about the size of the engine or how many cylinders we have. Lol
Old 9/26/12, 02:27 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got to page 5 and stopped reading.. at age 54 I could have bought a GT etc.. All of you are missing the point. Speed is relative to what.. Cylinders absolutely not!! its power to weight. But that aside I live in NY where the speed limit is 55.. i do go faster than that.. but where can you go 160+ etc.. Not everyone buys a Mustang to go to the track.. If I wanted a track car i would get a notch and build in a turbo and go 9's. For me is was about the look, the features and the enjoyment of the drive. Not to race like the local ricers who want to race anything..On the the street to boot. buy what you enjoy and want to spend your paycheck on each month. if the OP wants to go in the hole money wise with the GT only to be where he can't even afford to drive it.. go for it. Otherwise if you are not going to be going around with your huge check book paying the 10 grand difference for every potential V6 owner to get the GT.. STFU Please!!!! V6 owners stop defending your choice.. it was your choice and the GT owners at the end of the day don't get laid because they have the mighty V8 even though in their mind they believe they do...
I think its more about V6 owners not getting why the v8 guys got the V8. The car feels different simple.. I think the V6 guys jump in to topics that have nothing to do with why a person would buy a V6. Example.. If the V8 guys are talking about mod X and the V6 owner feels the need to jump in and say "my cars almost as fast and I get better mpg".. who give a crap! No one asked for V6 point of view. It happens often and the GT guys are more then bored with the V6 owner issue. I know tis not fair to say its all V6 owner and thats because its not.. but! if w have 20 or so V6 guys that all make a single commment and then a single follow up that 40 posts and it makes the issue(v6 vs v8) look like a bigger deal then it really is...
Old 9/26/12, 03:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well back on the topic. To the OP, if you want a 5.0 and that's important too you, if you are willing to pay for the cost differences to have the 5.0, then I say sell your V6 and get what makes you happy.
Old 9/26/12, 03:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Flagstang
I think its more about V6 owners not getting why the v8 guys got the V8. The car feels different simple.. I think the V6 guys jump in to topics that have nothing to do with why a person would buy a V6. Example.. If the V8 guys are talking about mod X and the V6 owner feels the need to jump in and say "my cars almost as fast and I get better mpg".. who give a crap! No one asked for V6 point of view. It happens often and the GT guys are more then bored with the V6 owner issue. I know tis not fair to say its all V6 owner and thats because its not.. but! if w have 20 or so V6 guys that all make a single commment and then a single follow up that 40 posts and it makes the issue(v6 vs v8) look like a bigger deal then it really is...
Couldn't say better myself -no really i couldn't. I get annoyed when V8 guys make fun and give the V6 owners a bad time but just as annoying is V6 guys trying to convince people that the V6 is just a good as the current GT or 2010 GT, is just isn't, they feel totally different. Look, I'm a V6 owner. Buying a V8 was never in my mind, if the Mustang was only available with a V8 I would have never bought it. I didn't grew up in this country and was never into American cars until now so I don't have that "V8" craving that a lot of Americans seems to have. Do I love my car? Absolutely. For my situation, budge and what I wanted from a car it was and still is the right choice, for me. The new V6's are plenty fast and a blast to drive but in not way I think is as fan as the V8's, not even the 05-99 versions. I was a passenger on a friend's 07 or 08 GT and there is not way my car feels the same as his cars. I may have the same HP and my car may handle better than his but the torque makes the difference in terms of feel. I also test drove a coworker SS and couldn't believe the force of that car even in 5 gear!! C'mon we V6 owners need to be realistic. Personally I blame it on Magazine reviews that kept telling everyone that hyped V6 so much by stating that the V6 makes as much HP as the 2010 GT and thus is as much fun. No it ain't. Again low end tourqe makes a big difference.

Of course for me coming from a 2010 Honda Accord VTEC V6 that has ZERO torque the my Mustang V6 feels like a V8 to me, well almost

Last edited by newpony; 9/26/12 at 03:31 PM.
Old 9/26/12, 03:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear ya.. but you also have to remember before 2011 all V6 owners heard was V8 guys calling them *****'s, get a mans car.. What a disgrace to the Mustang and on and on.. when the bad blood should have been towards ricers, chevy's and mopar not other Mustangs that helped keep the Mustang alive and healthy. if it was not for the V6 I am positive the Mustang would have died like the Camaro line did. As far is a GT superior to a V6.. Well Yes it is.. Is it worth the Extra 10 Grand for me just to get the extra HP.. Hmmm not for me.. not everyone but not me. I could have bought just a base GT Premium for a few grand more but then loose the daily features i wanted and looked for. I was looking to put the features I had in my 2000 Audi TT 5 Speed, Leather, Heated seats the works, and what I had in my 2006 Mustang, The looks, the Mustang feel, the friends i have made with my Mustang and the enjoyment of the drive oh and be Green.. I found all the audi handling, Speed, and comforts with the 2013 v6 without even going into the 30 grand area. A used newer TT would run me in the 40ies and at that point the GT is a better buy bar none. I understand both angles and the GT owners should to. I never see a GT500 owner pick on the GT owner and giving them a hard time. Why should the GT owner do that to the V6 owner when you understand how the v6 owner was never giving a fair shake till the new 3.7's came along and I am sure you know that.
Old 9/26/12, 03:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

I hear ya.. but you also have to remember before 2011 all V6 owners heard was V8 guys calling them *****'s, get a mans car.. What a disgrace to the Mustang and on and on.. when the bad blood should have been towards ricers, chevy's and mopar not other Mustangs that helped keep the Mustang alive and healthy. if it was not for the V6 I am positive the Mustang would have died like the Camaro line did. As far is a GT superior to a V6.. Well Yes it is.. Is it worth the Extra 10 Grand for me just to get the extra HP.. Hmmm not for me.. not everyone but not me. I could have bought just a base GT Premium for a few grand more but then loose the daily features i wanted and looked for. I was looking to put the features I had in my 2000 Audi TT 5 Speed, Leather, Heated seats the works, and what I had in my 2006 Mustang, The looks, the Mustang feel, the friends i have made with my Mustang and the enjoyment of the drive oh and be Green.. I found all the audi handling, Speed, and comforts with the 2013 v6 without even going into the 30 grand area. A used newer TT would run me in the 40ies and at that point the GT is a better buy bar none. I understand both angles and the GT owners should to. I never see a GT500 owner pick on the GT owner and giving them a hard time. Why should the GT owner do that to the V6 owner when you understand how the v6 owner was never giving a fair shake till the new 3.7's came along and I am sure you know that.
I hear ya loud and clear. I also made the same choice in terms of GT base vs fully loaded V6.
Old 9/26/12, 03:55 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

first off I love the early 2000-05 audi TT's.. I was shopping them this and last time around.. love them! anywho

You need to read more if you do not think the GT500, cobra, termi, boss, saleen and roush guys do nto give the GT guys a ton and I mean a TON of crap. I think its just some people cannot joke around without getting angry and some of those people own GT's and V6 mustangs.. when things come to a head it when a v6 that cant joke around meets a GT guy thats poking to much fun. Thats when the V8 card is played and bad goes to worse.

oh man a 2004 TT vert stick awd with the grey exterior and baseball interior is heaven!
Old 9/27/12, 01:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
first off I love the early 2000-05 audi TT's.. I was shopping them this and last time around.. love them! anywho

You need to read more if you do not think the GT500, cobra, termi, boss, saleen and roush guys do nto give the GT guys a ton and I mean a TON of crap. I think its just some people cannot joke around without getting angry and some of those people own GT's and V6 mustangs.. when things come to a head it when a v6 that cant joke around meets a GT guy thats poking to much fun. Thats when the V8 card is played and bad goes to worse.

oh man a 2004 TT vert stick awd with the grey exterior and baseball interior is heaven!
Most of these guys are new to the Mustang world and don't have a clue about v8 vs v6 owner issues of the past,

We all know that the GT owners are the coolest.
Old 9/27/12, 01:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TheReaper
Most of these guys are new to the Mustang world and don't have a clue about v8 vs v6 owner issues of the past,

We all know that the GT owners are the coolest.
Been around long time.. def not new to Mustangs..
Old 9/27/12, 03:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am just wondering....is the v6 underpriced or the v8 overpriced. I do not remember when I bought my 87 GT the price between the base i4 and v8 being so large. I looked online and it was about $3,300 difference between the base LX fastback and the GT...that I would have paid but when i bought my 2012, it was around $7,000.
Old 9/27/12, 03:37 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
They are all overpriced.
Old 9/27/12, 04:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JCStang
I am just wondering....is the v6 underpriced or the v8 overpriced. I do not remember when I bought my 87 GT the price between the base i4 and v8 being so large. I looked online and it was about $3,300 difference between the base LX fastback and the GT...that I would have paid but when i bought my 2012, it was around $7,000.
yeah and in the 80s gas was a dollar and milk was less than $2 a gallon
times change
Old 9/27/12, 04:51 PM

I had no idea!! Omg next thing your going to tell me is Hall and Oates are not touring this year!

Last edited by Getportfolio; 9/27/12 at 04:53 PM.
Old 9/27/12, 04:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
I had no idea!! Omg next thing your going to say is Hall and Oats are not touring this year!
Nothing can stop Hall & Oates from touring
Old 9/27/12, 04:54 PM

Except his mustache. Lol
Old 9/27/12, 05:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

The V8 should be maybe tops 4,000 more than the V6.
Old 9/27/12, 05:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
The V8 should be maybe tops 4,000 more than the V6.
Engine, suspension, brakes, upgraded auto trans, and I'm sure I missed something. That would be some nice mods for a V6 owner.
Old 9/27/12, 06:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by TheReaper

Engine, suspension, brakes, upgraded auto trans, and I'm sure I missed something. That would be some nice mods for a V6 owner.
Yep, all those extra upgrades. $4,000 tops.
Old 9/27/12, 06:48 PM
Bullitt Member

OP, personally, I wouldn't take the hit, that is a very nice car you got there
Old 9/27/12, 08:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
I think the V6 owners will still get some love because most woman don't care about the size of the engine or how many cylinders we have. Lol
exactly and half the ppl out there wouldn't know the difference between a v6 & a GT500

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
They are all overpriced.
^ This

Quick Reply: Selling 2012 V6 to get used 5.0