2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Selling 2012 V6 to get used 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/12, 02:24 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
You seem like a cool guy. I was a graphic designer/illustrator for years. We have an eye for detail and notice certain design and styling cues that other people don't. Its not that we care what other people think but we do care for appearances. That doesnt make us trendy, superficial, or envious. It's just how we are.

I really hope it works out but don't sell the car you have for any less than your ad! No matter what. Your car is worth it. Like I said if its meant to be, it will be. Don't give your car away! I remember saving for two years just to put the down payment on the S281. I feel you but seriously, if you have to wait a bit longer it's better than being upside down.

Being considerably upside down on a car loan while it depreciates everyday is one of the worst feelings IMO. Especially when it's time to get another car. Those who have been there will understand.
Old 9/20/12, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mopar?
X plan plus $500 off if i left the deposit that day and the $750 off mail in brochure. Pays off to do homework.

Im 20 and doing it all on my own too...

That still doesn't explain the 3k difference, thats 1.25k. Pays off to do your math too you know.
I said my age to explain why I was hesitant to have a 500-600$ payment not to try and brag.
Old 9/20/12, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
You seem like a cool guy. I was a graphic designer/illustrator for years. We have an eye for detail and notice certain design and styling cues that other people don't. Its not that we care what other people think but we do care for appearances. That doesnt make us trendy, superficial, or envious. It's just how we are.

I really hope it works out but don't sell the car you have for any less than your ad! No matter what. Your car is worth it. Like I said if its meant to be, it will be. Don't give your car away! I remember saving for two years just to put the down payment on the S281. I feel you but seriously, if you have to wait a bit longer it's better than being upside down.

Being considerably upside down on a car loan while it depreciates everyday is one of the worst feelings IMO. Especially when it's time to get another car. Those who have been there will understand.

Definitely people talk about the different years and I point out all the little details that people thought were the same but they aren't.

Thank you. I hope to sell it too. I am a bit impatient, impulsive, and when I get something in my head it doesn't go away. When I went to the lot I was actually looking at two completely different cars than a Mustang because I wanted better gas mileage but one they wouldn't sell because it didn't pass their inspection to be certified and the other was already being sold. I went in looking to spend $350 or less on a payment and needless to say I surpassed that. Impulse buying at its best.
Old 9/20/12, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by GreenCars
Old 5.0 and the new 5.0 are not the same.. You talk about your Foxbody V8's being so fast.. But the 2012+ V6 are way faster than a N/A foxbody.. hell some of the 05-10 4.0 can just about beat a N/A foxbody.. Don't get a 5.0 just to say you have a 5.0 if it is going to financially burden you and you end up loosing it anyway. But its your dime..
I know they are different but the old 5.0 was head of the pack for a while. Yeah 13 years later a smaller engine can compete. I even stated that my V6 had more horsepower and that is one of the reasons I even settled to begin with.
There is a stigma about a GT/5.0 let alone just driving a Mustang. I'm young and I'm single and I'm power hungry. I am out of the doing donuts in the high school parking lot phase but I still want to go fast. You know I will probably get my 5.0 and whenever I do and won't be satisfied so I will upgrade it until I am. Hell maybe eventually I will be fortunate enough to get the next step up one day. You make sacrifices for the things you want in life and at this point a 5.0 is my priority.
Old 9/20/12, 04:16 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm old, married and power hungry lol. Hopefully you can find a dealer with the right used 5.0 with a fair price on your trade. I always consider that I don't have to pay tax on the trade in value ($1,294 less tax off the new car for a $15,000 trade in NY).
Old 9/20/12, 05:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by vertblkmustang92
I know they are different but the old 5.0 was head of the pack for a while. Yeah 13 years later a smaller engine can compete. I even stated that my V6 had more horsepower and that is one of the reasons I even settled to begin with.
There is a stigma about a GT/5.0 let alone just driving a Mustang. I'm young and I'm single and I'm power hungry. I am out of the doing donuts in the high school parking lot phase but I still want to go fast. You know I will probably get my 5.0 and whenever I do and won't be satisfied so I will upgrade it until I am. Hell maybe eventually I will be fortunate enough to get the next step up one day. You make sacrifices for the things you want in life and at this point a 5.0 is my priority.
If YOU want it then get it because YOU won't be happy until YOU have it.

Last edited by TheReaper; 9/20/12 at 06:09 PM.
Old 9/20/12, 05:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
****, where was everyone and their advice when I wanted a GT500 but settled for a GT...

That's it... I'm getting rid of this car!!!
Old 9/20/12, 05:17 PM

I think nowadays that only knowledgeable Mustang owners, Vanilla Ice fans, and people who fear the police truly understand what the 5.0 is. (five-o) and it's history.

Example: My 1998 jeep had a 5.9 L in it. People used to say oh what a powerful engine not knowing that they could most likely walk faster than the vehicle. If you don't believe me, go ask a Titan.

Whats interesting is that 5.0 or not, the average joe will still think its the same thing as a v6. I see so many beautiful and unique v6s every weekend that I don't even remember If it has the coveted 5.0 badge on its fenders.

Respectfully, doesn't matter to me. Mustang is a Mustang regardless of anyone's opinion.

What sticks out in my mind is how unique and non stock looking a car is but ultimately the character of the person driving it. That's what a true Mustang community is to me. The guys at your meet seem a bit immature.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 9/20/12 at 05:20 PM.
Old 9/20/12, 06:23 PM
Banned

That still doesn't explain the 3k difference, thats 1.25k. Pays off to do your math too you know.
I said my age to explain why I was hesitant to have a 500-600$ payment not to try and brag.
Are you serious?
X PLAN X PLAN X PLAN X PLAN

Now who's the fool.
Old 9/20/12, 06:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

.... You know I will probably get my 5.0 and whenever I do and won't be satisfied so I will upgrade it until I am. Hell maybe eventually I will be fortunate enough to get the next step up one day. You make sacrifices for the things you want in life and at this point a 5.0 is my priority.
Then what the heck are you doing here and what is the point of this thread???

Old 9/20/12, 06:38 PM
V6 Member

Hey i love my v6 I have no desire to get a GT...i dont wanna pay double the insurance and gas..plus winters coming and the v6's are better in the snow
Old 9/20/12, 06:40 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
****, where was everyone and their advice when I wanted a GT500 but settled for a GT...

That's it... I'm getting rid of this car!!!

Dont you understand...they want everyone to have a GT...no V6's or Gt500's allowed
Old 9/20/12, 06:44 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by RichCooper
Hey i love my v6 I have no desire to get a GT...i dont wanna pay double the insurance and gas..plus winters coming and the v6's are better in the snow
double the insurance...

double the gas...

better in the snow...

there's some shoveling going on right there.

Old 9/20/12, 06:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

double the insurance...

double the gas...

better in the snow...

there's some shoveling going on right there.

Hahaha
Old 9/20/12, 06:56 PM
GT Member

You've got a great looking Mustang and the V6 is no slouch in the power department.

At your age and considering how upside down you'll be, I personally would hang onto it for a couple years. Pay the loan down, save up for a new down payment, do your homework, don't be so impulsive, and you can score a 2015 GT at a great price.
Old 9/20/12, 06:58 PM

This echos the "am I the only one? thread before it was closed down by the mods.
Old 9/20/12, 07:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Definitely people talk about the different years and I point out all the little details that people thought were the same but they aren't.

Thank you. I hope to sell it too. I am a bit impatient, impulsive, and when I get something in my head it doesn't go away. When I went to the lot I was actually looking at two completely different cars than a Mustang because I wanted better gas mileage but one they wouldn't sell because it didn't pass their inspection to be certified and the other was already being sold. I went in looking to spend $350 or less on a payment and needless to say I surpassed that. Impulse buying at its best.
History has a way of repeating itself. You stated that your first car was an impulse buy and that you are young and single. It sounds like you are about to do the same thing again. I know that feeling of wanting something that may be slightly out of reach, but you are compromising your future for immediate gratification. When the next big thing comes you won't be able to handle it. Sooner or later a girl is going to become more important than your car and you won't even be able to buy her dinner.

I'm sure this isn't what you want to hear but IMO you'd be better holding off on this present impulse and waiting until you are in better financial circumstances for that prize. At some point in the immediate future you are going to feel the pain of pissing all your money away.

Sorry bro, I had to say it.
Old 9/20/12, 07:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by RichCooper
Dont you understand...they want everyone to have a GT...no V6's or Gt500's allowed
oh sorry... But I am going to drive a GT500 tomorrow.... grabber blue / white SVTPP stripes
Old 9/20/12, 08:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
This echos the "am I the only one? thread before it was closed down by the mods.
No it doesn't, that was my thread and I got a v6 because I wanted a v6 and I'm 10000% happy, this guy got a v6 because he couldn't afford a v8. Huge difference.
Old 9/20/12, 08:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by mopar?
No it doesn't, that was my thread and I got a v6 because I wanted a v6 and I'm 10000% happy, this guy got a v6 because he couldn't afford a v8. Huge difference.

This looks like another DENIAL thread.

Quick Reply: Selling 2012 V6 to get used 5.0