2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Selling 2012 V6 to get used 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/12, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selling 2012 V6 to get used 5.0

I've called several lots and my trade in value has only been 15-16k. KBB says 19k trade in. I know the car lost several thousand as soon as I drove it off the lot but ****. It's MSRP was about 31k and after rebates and financing my loan was for 29.5k. I have it listed on Autotrader and even posted a link to my Autotrader ad on Craigslist. It's up for 23k and thats putting me as far upside down in negative equity as I can handle. It has 17k miles, premium, shaker 500, 18" wheels, and I have the pony package. Any ideas to help me sell it? Or car shows in Kentucky that have places to park cars for sale.

Pretty stupid I know to get a new car then try to get rid of it but at the time my old fox body was gonna need a lot of work and buying a new car and having a payment is pretty scary the first time so I settled for the V6 because it had more horsepower, my gas mileage was doubling at least, it wasn't too expensive, and it was super nice. But now I have made a few friends and they have 11' 5.0's and it is killing me that I didn't get what I wanted originally.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ngId=329839572
Attached Thumbnails Selling 2012 V6 to get used 5.0-547769_4335697949614_1470724409_n.jpg  
Old 9/20/12, 11:49 AM
Bullitt Member

That offer is stupid low! They would sell your car for 25K. Don't give them 10k in profit. I would find a similar car to yours used for sale at a dealer near them and ask for a few thousand less. Absolutely no way you should lose $15,000 in one MY and 17k miles.
Old 9/20/12, 11:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would NEVER put myself upside down in a car just to "fit in", drive it for another year...
Old 9/20/12, 11:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

have fun in the tub, cus your fixing to a bath on this one.

What really really makes you want a 5.0?

Please tell me it isn't just to fit in........

Last edited by theACE; 9/20/12 at 11:57 AM.
Old 9/20/12, 12:05 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by theACE
have fun in the tub, cus your fixing to a bath on this one.

Please tell me it isn't just to fit in........
v8 envy(OP)
Old 9/20/12, 12:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't even drive my 5.0 more then 100 miles a week, OP you can rent it
Old 9/20/12, 12:12 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I used to drive my mustang about 90 miles a day. 19 miles each way to work. 10 miles each way to lunch. plus 30ish shopping before or after work depending on shift.
Old 9/20/12, 12:23 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by theACE

The rumble and the burble.
Old 9/20/12, 12:26 PM

They tried to feed me crap about winter coming and you can't sell mustangs in winter and some program they had that told them what they had to price the car at and if they priced it above 20 it pretty much just laughed at them. That's a quote maybe not word for word but real close.

No it is not just to fit in, its what I wanted originally but I settled when I shouldn't have. I should have known it would drive me crazy eventually. I love my V6 its pretty fast but not fast enough. My friends have just reignited my fire for power. I drove a 92 GT convertible for two years then a 92 GT for five. The V6 can't match the throttle response of a V8. They both have cams, intake, etc., and they are mean machines. Probably the two fastest cars I've been in. It's definitely power envy.

I'm looking at used 11' GT and GT/CS loaded and they are 26-30 and I can definitely get in one if I got 23 on trade or 22 cause I can put a grand down easy by trading before I make my payment and using saved money.
Old 9/20/12, 12:45 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
OP: I've been in your shoes. My desire to obtain the new 5.0 was partially for their respect on the road but also curiosity to see and feel how well they performed. Let's face it, they are impressive and have more hp than many supercharged 4.6. Mustangs prior. (pointing the finger at myself)

Rent one, get it out of your system, let the busty blonde walk right past you in the supermarket but take that mental picture.

You'll lose your @ss with that kind of offer and don't forget to stack on more costs. Payments, insurance, gas, title and all those extra fees. I've actually driven to the lot with my V6 to trade in. Luckily, the car depreciation and mortgage Gods slapped me across the face and reminded me of the reality of being upside down. I've been there twice in my time.

The dark side can be very seductive but you must not listen to your friends. You must unlearn what you have learned! Only then will you be a v6 Jedi.
Old 9/20/12, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
OP: I've been in your shoes. My desire to obtain the new 5.0 was partially for their respect on the road but also curiosity to see and feel how well they performed. Let's face it, they are impressive and have more hp than many supercharged 4.6. Mustangs prior. (pointing the finger at myself)

Rent one, get it out of your system, let the busty blonde walk right past you in the supermarket but take that mental picture.

You'll lose your @ss with that kind of offer and don't forget to stack on more costs. Payments, insurance, gas, title and all those extra fees. I've actually driven to the lot with my V6 to trade in. Luckily, the car depreciation and mortgage Gods slapped me across the face and reminded me of the reality of being upside down. I've been there twice in my time.

The dark side can be very seductive but you must not listen to your friends. You must unlearn what you have learned! Only then will you be a v6 Jedi.
Well tonight we are all supposed to meet up and I'm supposed to drive one of my friends. I fear the envy will increase exponentially afterwards. LOL. If I supercharge the V6 I can catch up in power but if I spend 5 grand on a supercharger why not just get the GT it would cost me about the same.

Even the 2010 GT only has 315 hp while my 2012 V6 has 305. The 4.6's are turds, don't polish a turd. While the 5.0's are beastly.
Old 9/20/12, 01:02 PM

If anyone knows anyone in or around KY that would like to purchase my car send them my way. I will travel a fair distance to take the car to them.
Old 9/20/12, 01:33 PM
Bullitt Member

I feel you, although in my experience it wasnt just for a 5.0, it was for any mustang. I had been wanting the new mustangs since 11', but when it finally came to being able to afford one. Both my wife and I were looking into getting new vehicles, but I kind of got cold feet at the thought of 2 big payments. So we decided to get one new vehicle, trade in my 04' mustang v6, and keep her 09' Sebring. We ended up getting a SUV because that was what she wanted, I got to pick the model and color(12' Black Ford Edge). Which we both do enjoy, but I hate the upkeep of a black vehicle and then began to miss my pony. So after a couple of months, I couldnt take it anymore and traded her 09' Sebring in for a leftover 12' PW 5.0, because of the almost 4K in negative equity from the Sebring. I sometimes do wish I would have just gone for a 13' in RR or GB, but I know that at the time and under the circumstances, it wasnt going to happen at the payment I wanted.

Although I hate having to pay over 1K a month for 2 vehicles, its all worth it when I m in that 5.0, with my foot to the floor, feeling and hearing the purr of that coyote...
Old 9/20/12, 01:38 PM
Banned

This is a prime example of those guys that buy a v6 wanting a v8, you're dumb. Buy a v6 if you want a v6. Gives the v6 a bad rep.

You want 23k for a 2012 with 17k miles? I paid 26k for a 2013 v6 premium with the performance pkg out the door.

Whoever said 25k for this is on crack.

Plus you're getting it to fit in and you'll be in even bigger debt? another prime example of peer pressure.

Last edited by mopar?; 9/20/12 at 01:40 PM.
Old 9/20/12, 01:51 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gruiz_06
I feel you, although in my experience it wasnt just for a 5.0, it was for any mustang. I had been wanting the new mustangs since 11', but when it finally came to being able to afford one. Both my wife and I were looking into getting new vehicles, but I kind of got cold feet at the thought of 2 big payments. So we decided to get one new vehicle, trade in my 04' mustang v6, and keep her 09' Sebring. We ended up getting a SUV because that was what she wanted, I got to pick the model and color(12' Black Ford Edge). Which we both do enjoy, but I hate the upkeep of a black vehicle and then began to miss my pony. So after a couple of months, I couldnt take it anymore and traded her 09' Sebring in for a leftover 12' PW 5.0, because of the almost 4K in negative equity from the Sebring. I sometimes do wish I would have just gone for a 13' in RR or GB, but I know that at the time and under the circumstances, it wasnt going to happen at the payment I wanted.

Although I hate having to pay over 1K a month for 2 vehicles, its all worth it when I m in that 5.0, with my foot to the floor, feeling and hearing the purr of that coyote...
1k a month just on the cars! Jeepers. Congrats tho!
Old 9/20/12, 01:55 PM

Thumbs up

Even the 2010 GT only has 315 hp while my 2012 V6 has 305. The 4.6's are turds, don't polish a turd. While the 5.0's are beastly.[/QUOTE]

Hey be careful. Theres alot of 4.6 Liter love in these forums. Even after 12 years she still doesn't feel turdy to me.

Anyhow, hope it works out for you. If its meant to be it will be!
Attached Thumbnails Selling 2012 V6 to get used 5.0-img_1313.jpg  
Old 9/20/12, 02:08 PM

Even the 2010 GT only has 315 hp while my 2012 V6 has 305. The 4.6's are turds, don't polish a turd. While the 5.0's are beastly.
Hey be careful. Theres alot of 4.6 Liter love in these forums. Even after 12 years she still doesn't feel turdy to me.

Anyhow, hope it works out for you. If its meant to be it will be![/QUOTE]

Guess I'm just a 5.0 guy. Drove one for 7 years so... But that is a **** sharp car. I can't really hate on any pony though. I knew I wanted one since I was about 12 years old and here I am. Only thing I've ever owned.
Old 9/20/12, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by mopar?
This is a prime example of those guys that buy a v6 wanting a v8, you're dumb. Buy a v6 if you want a v6. Gives the v6 a bad rep.

You want 23k for a 2012 with 17k miles? I paid 26k for a 2013 v6 premium with the performance pkg out the door.

Whoever said 25k for this is on crack.

Plus you're getting it to fit in and you'll be in even bigger debt? another prime example of peer pressure.
I explained this already. It was my first new car and at the time I wasn't completely sure what I could afford but I needed to get out of my old car. I never hated on a V6 I've said good things about it.
Considering that the 2013 v6 premiums start at 26k not really sure how you pulled that one. Just went and built a mustang 2013 clicked premium and performance package and the price is 28,990 and that's with a manual which is cheaper.
I'm not getting it to fit in I'm getting it because my power hunger has be reignited. I wanted the 5.0 to begin with but I settled trying to play it safe with my payment. I'm 23 and it's my first brand new car and I'm doing it all on my own.
Old 9/20/12, 02:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vertblkmustang92

I explained this already. It was my first new car and at the time I wasn't completely sure what I could afford but I needed to get out of my old car. I never hated on a V6 I've said good things about it.
Considering that the 2013 v6 premiums start at 26k not really sure how you pulled that one. Just went and built a mustang 2013 clicked premium and performance package and the price is 28,990 and that's with a manual which is cheaper.
I'm not getting it to fit in I'm getting it because my power hunger has be reignited. I wanted the 5.0 to begin with but I settled trying to play it safe with my payment. I'm 23 and it's my first brand new car and I'm doing it all on my own.
X plan plus $500 off if i left the deposit that day and the $750 off mail in brochure. Pays off to do homework.

Im 20 and doing it all on my own too...
Old 9/20/12, 02:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by vertblkmustang92

Anyhow, hope it works out for you. If its meant to be it will be!

Guess I'm just a 5.0 guy. Drove one for 7 years so... But that is a **** sharp car. I can't really hate on any pony though. I knew I wanted one since I was about 12 years old and here I am. Only thing I've ever owned.
Old 5.0 and the new 5.0 are not the same.. You talk about your Foxbody V8's being so fast.. But the 2012+ V6 are way faster than a N/A foxbody.. hell some of the 05-10 4.0 can just about beat a N/A foxbody.. Don't get a 5.0 just to say you have a 5.0 if it is going to financially burden you and you end up loosing it anyway. But its your dime..

Quick Reply: Selling 2012 V6 to get used 5.0